World War

dilloduck said:
Should the United States step in and try to stop the escalating conflict in the mideast?
Not without provocation.

dilloduck said:
Should the United States step in and try to stop the escalating conflict in the mideast?
I would say No. Diplomacy has failed, unfortunately, it is time for this to play out in war. If America is drawn in, and I think we will be, I believe we should go in guns blazing in support for Israel.

dilloduck said:
What would you consider provocation? Israel is our ally not?
Syria and/or Iran. Bio/chem weapons, I'm assuming no nukes. All would be reasons for entering.

F41 said:
I would say No. Diplomacy has failed, unfortunately, it is time for this to play out in war. If America is drawn in, and I think we will be, I believe we should go in guns blazing in support for Israel.

It appears that world opinion is that the US should try to get Israel to chill out. We're in the spotlight and I don't think either side here has any plans to lighten up.

dilloduck said:
It appears that world opinion is that the US should try to get Israel to chill out. We're in the spotlight and I don't think either side here has any plans to lighten up.
All due respect to you, world opinion sucks. I do not care what the other countries want at this point, it is time for someone to pay the piper.

dilloduck said:

You know, I know what you're saying. But Israel didn't start this, remember? Hezbollah fired missiles into Israel. Would the U.S. lighten up if someone did that to us? Or would it blow the mothers out of the water?

Don't get me wrong, this one is making me nervous... but maybe the "world" should stop funding terrorists and providing missiles to them that can then be used against innocents.

Ive said for years how useless the UN really is. Just look at the evidence before us to their incompetence. They wouldnt be able to talk fat guy out of eating another big mac let alone talk the israelis and the muslims out of killing each other.

Let them fight. It only makes it worse when you try to supress this anger. Let the war happen, let evil be destroyed and lets get on with life.

F41 said:
All due respect to you, world opinion sucks. I do not care what the other countries want at this point, it is time for someone to pay the piper.

I'm just stating facts here. I personally could care less about world opinion on this one too. We are EXPECTED to do something about this situation and the left is already accusing Bush of creating this incident by having a weak middle east policy. Is even an attempt at reeling in Israel DIPLOMATICALLY something in the best interst of the US or do we sit back and wait until things escalate to a point where there is no turning back?

Israel has been reined in time and again; diplomacy has been tried again and again; neither has done anything to alleviate the situation. I certainly do not have the answers but it seems to me that whatever we (by "we" I mean the international community) have been doing so far is obviously not working.

Personally, I think diplomacy 1st went out the window in 1967 and then again in 1972. Israel is tired of having rockets lobbed into their towns by Islamic Jihadists.

It may be time to call the dogs, piss on the fire and just get on with the inevitable. When the time comes, I believe the US should support Israel.
(Along with every other nation that had a hand in setting up a homeland for the Jews in 1947)

If we do get involved we'd have to go after the core of the problem- Iran, and let Isreal handle Hezbollah and Syria. We'd have to obiliterate the Iranian military, and I also think we should capture their nuke facilities, find all nuclear material and take it, then destroy the facilities.

Israel is more than capable of fending for themselves. They did it in 1948, 1956, 1967, and 1973. The Arabs will never be able to defeat Israel militarily.

In answer to your question, Dillo, I'm with these guys.

Will Israel Drop the Hammer?
By Jack Kelly
July 18, 2006

The great danger in the Israeli-Hezbollah war is not that it might escalate, but that it might not.

for full article:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/07/will_israel_drop_the_hammer.html

Give Israel Time to Complete the Mission
Editorial, The Washington Times
July 17, 2006

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's necessary decisions to launch military campaigns against Hezbollah and Hamas have created an opportunity to change the balance of forces between Israel and the terror networks that have plagued the Middle East since the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

The most important thing that Israel needs -- particularly in Lebanon, where Hezbollah had been permitted to stockpile upwards of 10,000-12,000 rockets and missiles to target Israel -- is time: time to root out the weapons caches stockpiled in private homes; time to hit the rocket and missile-launching sites and terrorist training camps Hezbollah has established throughout Lebanon; and time to hunt down the jihadists in the Bekaa Valley and elsewhere whose life's work is to destroy the Jewish state.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20060716-084448-1468r.htm

Adam's Apple said:
In answer to your question, Dillo, I'm with these guys.

Will Israel Drop the Hammer?
By Jack Kelly
July 18, 2006

The great danger in the Israeli-Hezbollah war is not that it might escalate, but that it might not.

for full article:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/07/will_israel_drop_the_hammer.html

Give Israel Time to Complete the Mission
Editorial, The Washington Times
July 17, 2006

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's necessary decisions to launch military campaigns against Hezbollah and Hamas have created an opportunity to change the balance of forces between Israel and the terror networks that have plagued the Middle East since the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

The most important thing that Israel needs -- particularly in Lebanon, where Hezbollah had been permitted to stockpile upwards of 10,000-12,000 rockets and missiles to target Israel -- is time: time to root out the weapons caches stockpiled in private homes; time to hit the rocket and missile-launching sites and terrorist training camps Hezbollah has established throughout Lebanon; and time to hunt down the jihadists in the Bekaa Valley and elsewhere whose life's work is to destroy the Jewish state.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20060716-084448-1468r.htm

I'm leaning this way myself. Any immediate intervention would prevent Israel from finishing what must be finished. If the UN wants to try to pull together a peace keeping force to enter Lebanon, what will be thier mission? First thing they outta be doing is enforcing the resolution for Hezbollah to disarm and dismantle all rocket launching facilties. WIll they do that? I doubt it.

Forum List

Back