World War Z concept

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I am so sick of zombies. But the concept of how each country deals with the situation is what interests me. I read up on it in wiki.

Anyone read the book? Anyone plan to watch the movie?

I am so sick of zombies. But the concept of how each country deals with the situation is what interests me. I read up on it in wiki.

I will watch it, but I love zombies. I did not read the book.

Your reason for interest is a good one. I also like to watch them because they show people and how they react in extreme situations. Even if fictionally.

zombies are great esp the new fast moving ones...before it was kinda like...damn i could outrun their ass...now not so much.....

but i had no idea that was the concept nor that it was a book i dont care for brad pitt so i will be seeing in on sci fi someday lol

zombies are great esp the new fast moving ones...before it was kinda like...damn i could outrun their ass...now not so much.....

but i had no idea that was the concept nor that it was a book i dont care for brad pitt so i will be seeing in on sci fi someday lol

I hate fast zombies. The idea of a zombie outbreak is that it is ignored until the point where you can't outrun the slow ones because there are 500 of them, and you only have 15 rounds left in your clip.

The book was written with good old fashioned slow zombies, and they made them into fast zombies, poor form in my opinion.

If there really were zombies they probably wouldn't be able to move at all unless they were very, very recently dead.

I love Zombies.

How 'bouts a zombie sammits?

zombie.png

Wiki the book and it will give a synopsis of how each country deals with the problem. Even strategic moves to leave pockets of people in towns to make the enemy (zombies) be contained in that area (in other words..too busy to note other towns), having people, ala The Postman in small strongholds and grow their own crops while battling said zombies in other areas to keep their places safe, the military, etc etc etc.
It talks about how it changes the earth due to animals dying and fields overgrown and in general...the human population is on the brink of collapse with only mindless viruses (what the author calls zombies) that do not seek to get power, do not covet material things, have no real anger or intentions or goals except to eat what they kill..and then spread. Like a virus.

Both books were great.

I liked the Zombie Survival Guide a little more.

I hate fast zombies. The idea of a zombie outbreak is that it is ignored until the point where you can't outrun the slow ones because there are 500 of them, and you only have 15 rounds left in your clip.

The book was written with good old fashioned slow zombies, and they made them into fast zombies, poor form in my opinion.

The special effects look cool.

The books were great. The first one was very cool. The whole idea of if you lose someone, they become your enemy was a very powerful theme.

What accounts for the current fascination with such utterly impossible concepts as zombies and vampires? I'd thought the Frankenstein, Wolfman and Mummy fantasies had played out and contemporary Americans would no longer be receptive to such simplistic and antiquated horror concepts. But the zombies and vampires are back with a vengeance and I'm baffled as to why.

It occurs to me that zombies and vampires visually represent the evil side of human nature, or the gruesome potential of certain individuals?

Any other ideas?

What accounts for the current fascination with such utterly impossible concepts as zombies and vampires? I'd thought the Frankenstein, Wolfman and Mummy fantasies had played out and contemporary Americans would no longer be receptive to such simplistic and antiquated horror concepts. But the zombies and vampires are back with a vengeance and I'm baffled as to why.

It occurs to me that zombies and vampires visually represent the evil side of human nature, or the gruesome potential of certain individuals?

Any other ideas?

Vampires and zombies. Here is an interesting question - what if the two faced off against each other. Since vampires are more of a solitary creature and zombies move in hords let's make the odds three vampires vs 10,000 zombies. My guess is that the three vampires would easily overcome the 10,000 zombie hord, if they were the slow moving variety.

I suspect zombies are popular because they represent a good substitute for nuclear war or pandemic. Their recent popularity can be traced back to the Dawn of the Dead remake. I think vampires popularity is due to their moving away from the Transylvania-Dracula roots. Both have this geometric effect going for them.

As far as World War Z goes I have no doubt they will butcher the book. Brad Pitt did a good job translating the book Moneyball into a movie. I suspect he will do a poor job with WWZ. I will wait for the discount theatre. WWZ was an excellent book, but difficult to turn into a movie due to separate story lines and its global nature. I would have liked to have had the movie done in separate acts, like the movie Twilight zone. The interviewer could have started each skit with a interview that turned into a flashback.

No to the book and the movie but unless something has changed from the original night of the living dead you deal with zombies by shooting them in the head. On a side note love sick teen vampires suck see twilight.

Saw it yesterday. Its more of a horror movie than a zombie one really. I guess I say that because of the lack of gore? I dont know.

I liked it, but it was not a Zombie type thing like the walking dead. It was a family friendly zombie movie!? :doubt:

Any other ideas?

An elderly fella are ya.

:)

Forum List

Back