World War Three??

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Some intellectuals such as Newt Gingrich have stated they believe with all that is going on culminating now with Israel taking a stand against Hezbolah, that we are in the early stages of a third world war.

Do you agree, disagree, or are we somewhere in-between?

2. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    It might be Gulf War III.....kinda depends on China/Russia/North Korea.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    What if you were to factor in Iran and Terrorism world wide??

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    world war three started in the 70's under carter

5. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Last I checked , you have to call War against a country. You cant call war against a Noun. Like Terrorism.

6. Gurutoo

Gurutoo Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think whether "called" or not, the world in definitely engaged in a critical life event changing struggle that must be taken seriously by more people in the West-SOON.

This is not the time for "Islamic apologists"

7. Niccolò Matteo

Niccolò Matteo Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The altercations between Israel and all other Middle-Eastern countries is really no more than an extension of World War 1.

If this is WWIII, then truly the world is a dull place.

8. shepherdboy

shepherdboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    That would indeed be the truth if the media would call it for what it is in that I mean a battle of ideology and religion. Gone are the days of labeling a country as the enemy. Today in a world of political correctness, thats not proper to do so. So we have to call them "Extremist" or "Fanatic'" or (insert your own Noun) It a very clever tool of the enemy to keep the focus of military might off target and a great diversion for the "PC" crowd. The truth to all this fighting is of good and evil. One side has the true faith while all the others are falsehoods and copycats. To wipe Israel off the face of the Earth would erase the foundation of Judaism and Christianity in the eyes of the enemy. Of-course that would not happen because the faith is spiritual and not physical. But an entity name Lucifer and his followers have tried for ages trying to erase or dispose of this faith to no avail. And so the battle continues with many names and different players but always with the same result. The one and true God wins.

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I think the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers is analagous to the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. I think Hezbollah will launch missiles at Tel Aviv, forcing Israel to start targeting Iranian rockets in transit to Lebanon. I think Syria and Iran will enter the conflict against Israel. Jordan and Egypt may follow suit, along with a lot of ununiformed combatants from countries like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, and the UAE. With our alliance with Israel, the threat of Islam united, and our presence in the Middle East, we would be forced to enter on the side of Israel. Kim Jong-Il then stands a good possibility of taking advantage of our distraction and invading South Korea. China will help them if they do, then go after Japan and Taiwan. We've got a lot of ambitious psychos out there, and they all look ready to make their move.

Maybe I'm just paranoid because I'm draft age, but that's what I think stands a good chance of happening, and if it does, every male between 18 and 40 who's medically fit will go to war, just like the last time we had a world war.

10. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    you mean like OBL did against the USA under clinton? like that?