World War Three??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Some intellectuals such as Newt Gingrich have stated they believe with all that is going on culminating now with Israel taking a stand against Hezbolah, that we are in the early stages of a third world war.

Do you agree, disagree, or are we somewhere in-between?

Last I checked , you have to call War against a country. You cant call war against a Noun. Like Terrorism.

I think whether "called" or not, the world in definitely engaged in a critical life event changing struggle that must be taken seriously by more people in the West-SOON.

This is not the time for "Islamic apologists"

The altercations between Israel and all other Middle-Eastern countries is really no more than an extension of World War 1.

If this is WWIII, then truly the world is a dull place.

T-Bor said:
Last I checked , you have to call War against a country. You cant call war against a Noun. Like Terrorism.

That would indeed be the truth if the media would call it for what it is in that I mean a battle of ideology and religion. Gone are the days of labeling a country as the enemy. Today in a world of political correctness, thats not proper to do so. So we have to call them "Extremist" or "Fanatic'" or (insert your own Noun) It a very clever tool of the enemy to keep the focus of military might off target and a great diversion for the "PC" crowd. The truth to all this fighting is of good and evil. One side has the true faith while all the others are falsehoods and copycats. To wipe Israel off the face of the Earth would erase the foundation of Judaism and Christianity in the eyes of the enemy. Of-course that would not happen because the faith is spiritual and not physical. But an entity name Lucifer and his followers have tried for ages trying to erase or dispose of this faith to no avail. And so the battle continues with many names and different players but always with the same result. The one and true God wins.

I think the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers is analagous to the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. I think Hezbollah will launch missiles at Tel Aviv, forcing Israel to start targeting Iranian rockets in transit to Lebanon. I think Syria and Iran will enter the conflict against Israel. Jordan and Egypt may follow suit, along with a lot of ununiformed combatants from countries like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, and the UAE. With our alliance with Israel, the threat of Islam united, and our presence in the Middle East, we would be forced to enter on the side of Israel. Kim Jong-Il then stands a good possibility of taking advantage of our distraction and invading South Korea. China will help them if they do, then go after Japan and Taiwan. We've got a lot of ambitious psychos out there, and they all look ready to make their move.

Maybe I'm just paranoid because I'm draft age, but that's what I think stands a good chance of happening, and if it does, every male between 18 and 40 who's medically fit will go to war, just like the last time we had a world war.

T-Bor said:

you mean like OBL did against the USA under clinton? like that?

Niccolò Matteo said:
The altercations between Israel and all other Middle-Eastern countries is really no more than an extension of World War 1.

If this is WWIII, then truly the world is a dull place.

nah...it is an extension of the crusades....no wait the moorish invasion of europe....

T-Bor said:

um... a country would be a noun...

Hobbit said:
I think the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers is analagous to the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. I think Hezbollah will launch missiles at Tel Aviv, forcing Israel to start targeting Iranian rockets in transit to Lebanon. I think Syria and Iran will enter the conflict against Israel. Jordan and Egypt may follow suit, along with a lot of ununiformed combatants from countries like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, and the UAE. With our alliance with Israel, the threat of Islam united, and our presence in the Middle East, we would be forced to enter on the side of Israel. Kim Jong-Il then stands a good possibility of taking advantage of our distraction and invading South Korea. China will help them if they do, then go after Japan and Taiwan. We've got a lot of ambitious psychos out there, and they all look ready to make their move.

Maybe I'm just paranoid because I'm draft age, but that's what I think stands a good chance of happening, and if it does, every male between 18 and 40 who's medically fit will go to war, just like the last time we had a world war.
No freaking way. This is a local conflict, and it's gonna stay that way. I don't think Israel is going to attack Syria, and even if Syria were to attack Israel I doubt that anyone beyond Iran and a few ragtags would get involved. At least I'm sure that China isn't going to invade Japan, Taiwan, or South Korea.

Mr.Conley said:
No freaking way. This is a local conflict, and it's gonna stay that way. I don't think Israel is going to attack Syria, and even if Syria were to attack Israel I doubt that anyone beyond Iran and a few ragtags would get involved. At least I'm sure that China isn't going to invade Japan, Taiwan, or South Korea.

I hope you are right. But am not so sure. Especially if Japan remilitarizes in response to North Korea, and honestly I think they have every right to.

That alone would cause Chinese concerns and could cause them to do something stupid.

The current Israeli conflict is a ponder keg ready to explode. I already what sides could be involved.

US, Israel, Austrailia, Japan, S. Korea, India, Great Britain. (And probably Canada)

China, Russia, N. Korea, Iran, Syria, Pakistan.

Not sure where most of Europe will be yet. but like I said I see some major players gravitating toward each other.

I rhink Iraq and Aghanistan will be pretty neutral/leaning our way since we already have a military presence in both nations. It wouldnt surprise me if more battles took place in both these nations though.

Mexico, might be in Civil war.

Ive actually just thought up what I could see happening.

The current Israel/Hezzbollah conflict with continue until the psycho leader of Iran makes a move or Israel makes a move against Iran because of their behind the scenes interference in the conflict. After all Hezzbollah practically is the Iranian military.

Naturally, the situation will be taken to the Security council, where nothing will happen, and we will have to make the choice to initiate regime change with anyone else who joins us (Ultimately I think this is going to have to happen sooner or later at this point even if im wrong about what initiates it. Its not a matter of if its a matter of when).

While we are distracted with Iran, (And still with Iraq and Aghanistan) North Korea will assume we are spread too thin and act. That will start a military front in both the Middle east and in Korea.

N. Koreas actions will initiate the remilitarization of Japan, who will give us additional manpower to handle North Korea. However, this will make China nervous and cause them to send troops into North Korea as well. They have no love for the Japanese and any Japanese military action that close to their border could easily make them move.

Once this happens we basically will have all out war. If the United Nations still exists it will be absolutely worthless (not that its worth much now) but no one will follow the charter anymore which means every nation for themselves. They can either ally together or try to stay out of it, but I am willing to bet there will be war all over the world.

If that happens and we are on several fronts I could see China trying to conquor Taiwan as well while we are distracted.

I am still not sure how Russia will get involved with things, but I dont think they will be on our side. At best I see them as neutral and I dont think they will be. Something will happen that gets them involved.

As for Europe. I am not sure how thing will end up but i see alot of civil strife within each of the nations. Especially with the high muslim population within some of the nations. My guess is we will probably have to liberate France again.

Of course it is pretty early in the morning and i am tired. and just thought this stuff off the top of my head. so i could be compeltely wrong. Like I said I hope your right. But i dont think we are as far away as you might believe.

I think I'm being paranoid, but I also don't think it's that much of a stretch. We have just enough psychotic dictators out there to throw the entire world out of balance.

Mr.Conley said:

What about in the broader context?

Gingrich Says World War III Has Begun

Iran's Hezbollah: We Welcome World War III

World War III has begun, and the nation’s leadership is failing to deal with this reality, former House of Representatives Speaker Newt Gingrich concludes.

Appearing on NBC’s "Meet the Press" with Tim Russert Sunday, Gingrich explained that "today is not the fifth day of the war, it’s the 58th year of the effort by those who want to destroy Israel. As Ahmadinejad, the head of Iran, says, he wants to defeat the Americans and eliminate Israel from the face of the earth. So we should not see this event in isolation. There is an . . . Iran/Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas alliance trying to destroy Israel.”

"The Israelis withdrew from Gaza to create the circumstance of peace. The Israelis withdrew from south Lebanon to create the circumstance of peace,” Gingrich continued. "They now have a thousand missiles fired from Gaza, they’ve had hundreds of missiles fired from south Lebanon. You clearly have Iranian involvement. There are at least 400 Iranian guards in south Lebanon. Apparently it was an Iranian missile fired by Iranians which hit an Israeli warship yesterday. The United States should be saying to Syria and Iran, 'South Lebanon is going to be cleared out. We are for Israel and the Lebanese government breaking the back of Hezbollah, getting rid of all 10,000 to 13,000 missiles, and we will decisively stop any effort by Syria and Iran to intervene.'”

Gingrich says the current crisis facing Israel is part of a larger world war that involved the United States.

"I mean, this is absolutely a question of the survival of Israel, but it’s also a question of what is really a world war,” Gingrich said.

He then cited a litany of events that confirm this conclusion.

"North Korea firing missiles. We say there’ll be consequences, there are none. North Koreans fire seven missiles on our Fourth of July; bombs going off in Mumbai, India; a war in Afghanistan with sanctuaries in Pakistan . . . the Iran/Syria/Hamas/Hezbollah alliance.”

In addition, he said "there is the war in Iraq funded largely from Saudi Arabia and supplied largely from Syria and Iran.”

Other evidence of the war, Gingrich argues, includes:

The British home secretary saying that there are 20 terrorist groups with 1,200 terrorists in Britain.

Seven people in Miami videotaped pledging allegiance to al-Qaida.

Eighteen people in Canada being picked up with twice the explosives that were used in Oklahoma City, with an explicit threat to bomb the Canadian parliament, and saying they’d like to behead the Canadian prime minister.

In New York City, reports that in three different countries people were plotting to destroy the tunnels of New York.

Gingrich explained: "We are in the early stages of what I would describe as the third world war, and frankly, our bureaucracies aren’t responding fast enough. We don’t have the right attitude about this . . . And frankly, the Israelis have every right to insist that every single missile leave south Lebanon and that the United States ought to be helping the Lebanese government have the strength to eliminate Hezbollah as a military force, not as a political force in the parliament, but as a military force in south Lebanon.”

Asked host Tim Russert "This is World War III?”

"I believe if you take all the countries I just listed, that you’ve been covering, put them on a map, look at all the different connectivity, you’d have to say to yourself this is, in fact, World War III,” Gingrich said.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/7/16/155736.shtml

Mr.Conley said:
What, a few scattered terrorist groups manage to pull off a half dozen attacks globally over the course of two years? It's not a World War until Russia and/or China get involved.

Russian and China don't even account for a full third of the world's population, and Russia's going to get into it. Tell me, if over half of the world's population goes to war and China and Russia aren't a part of it, is it a world war?

Hobbit said:
Russian and China don't even account for a full third of the world's population, and Russia's going to get into it. Tell me, if over half of the world's population goes to war and China and Russia aren't a part of it, is it a world war?
In theory, but you're not going to get more than half the world's population involved in a war without some serious s**t coming from Russia and/or China.

Why is Russia going to get involved?

Mr.Conley said:
In theory, but you're not going to get more than half the world's population involved in a war without some serious s**t coming from Russia and/or China.

Why is Russia going to get involved?

They're right there next to all the 'stans.' Remember the school hostage situation? Yeah, those were terrorists. How about oil for 'food?' They were major players in that, too. There's too much going on right on their doorstep for them not to get involved.

And then there's China. If North Korea moves, China will be right behind them. They always are.

Forum List

Back