World War III

9 11 Though bad was never more than an attack , didn't threaten the USA .

Really? An attack on the most important city in the country (and the world) was not a threat to the USA?

No, it wasn't an existential threat the country. The progressive media went batshit crazy and whipped up a lot of hysteria, but after they were properly ignored, the country settled down.

Josua
It seems like the world is coming closer to a new world war. Constant clashes in the Middle East, growing tension in the South China Sea, the war in Eastern Europe... These are probably the last years of peace. Sooner or later there will be a nuclear war. China, Russia, muslim terrorists... How high are chances that we are getting closer to the end of days?
nuclear-mushroom-cloud.jpg

Existential risk is a serious problem, and the Great Filter is a serious issue, which we aren't doing enough about although we could be doing a lot more to deal with it. However, nuclear war is unlikely to be a large fraction of that risk, and moreover, a nuclear war very soon is unlikely. Question: suppose someone offered to make a $20 bet with you that no state-level nuclear exchange will occur in the next 5 years, would you take that bet?
yeah 'd take that bet , I think the Nuke or big war problems will actually happen in the next 20 years or so after all the mrobama supporting types are fully in charge of the USA Joshua .

if you live in the West- the biggest 'threat' was 9/11.

A threat is a statement saying you will be harmed if you do not do what someone wants you to do. Comprende?

I guess English is not your first language

threat (thrĕt)

• n.
    An expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment.
  • n.
    An indication of impending danger or harm.
  • n.
    One that is regarded as a possible danger; a menace.

It seems like the world is coming closer to a new world war. Constant clashes in the Middle East, growing tension in the South China Sea, the war in Eastern Europe... These are probably the last years of peace. Sooner or later there will be a nuclear war. China, Russia, muslim terrorists... How high are chances that we are getting closer to the end of days?

Last years of peace?

Where have you been living?

We have been living with the threat of nuclear war for over 60 years- no closer - and probably further from it now than we were in 1960.

Just lots of fear mongering.

The Obama Doctrine: Hey, lets let Muslims have nuclear weapons!

I can't imagine how liberal loons & pinheads can convince themselves that this is not the ultimate outcome of our President's policies. A Mullah holding a nuclear trigger.

Or, that Muslims ought to get them, either to be fair and equal to all, or because Russia has set such a good example over the last 75 years.

Russians can understand Mutually Assured Destruction, because they are rational. A Mullah, or an Ayatollah, is liable to wake up any morning thinking Allah likes the idea of Mutually Assured Destruction.

Wants it today!!

If Obama's policies start a nuclear arms race in Arabia & Persia, he will surely go down as the worst fool ever. I think even the fools will come to see him as such.

LOL.....only the far right wing loons believe any of that crap.

Quit watching cable news, except for a few spots the world has never been more peaceful.
Damn it seems like it's getting only worse. Terrorist threat has never been so high, Russians are going insane, Chinese are striving for the world domination. Our world doesn't look peaceful in any possible way.
If you want an example of a REALLY hairy time. Read up on the events of 1968. THAT was a crazy time.

How high are chances that we are getting closer to the end of days?
Wishful thinking on your part. Settle whatever is making you unhappy in your personal life and stop projecting it onto the world.

A threat is a statement saying you will be harmed if you do not do what someone wants you to do. Comprende?

threat (thrĕt)

• n.
  • n.
  • n.

I guess logic is not your strong suit. 9/11 was not an expression of intention to inflict harm; it was the harm itself. Today, we are faced with a much more explicit intention to inflict harm.

Threat Definition of threat by Merriam-Webster

Last years of peace?

We have been living with the threat of nuclear war for over 60 years- no closer - and probably further from it now than we were in 1960.

I can't imagine how liberal loons & pinheads can convince themselves that this is not the ultimate outcome of our President's policies. A Mullah holding a nuclear trigger.

Or, that Muslims ought to get them, either to be fair and equal to all, or because Russia has set such a good example over the last 75 years.

Russians can understand Mutually Assured Destruction, because they are rational. A Mullah, or an Ayatollah, is liable to wake up any morning thinking Allah likes the idea of Mutually Assured Destruction.

Wants it today!!

If Obama's policies start a nuclear arms race in Arabia & Persia, he will surely go down as the worst fool ever. I think even the fools will come to see him as such.
I hate to break it to you, but the Muslims already have nukes. Pakistan started their nuclear program in 1972 and exploded a bomb in 1998. There really isn't much we can do to stop a country from developing them unless you are willing to go all George W Bush over them and start a war.

I think that the current concern is over 'iran' . And then just the number of crazy govs that will get nukes afte iran gets them . Saudis are on the hunt for them just recently due to mrobama kowtowing to iran Borrilar .

'It seems like the world is coming closer to a new world war."

Only to delusional, clueless nitwits such as you.

As already correctly noted, stop watching cable news, it only creates false perceptions of the way things really are.

Give it a break hypocrite.

Last years of peace?

Wants it today!!

I hate to break it to you, but the Muslims already have nukes. Pakistan started their nuclear program in 1972 and exploded a bomb in 1998. There really isn't much we can do to stop a country from developing them unless you are willing to go all George W Bush over them and start a war.

probably why we ship over a Billion dollars to Pakistan every year. we purchase their cooperation.

One day - and again, it may come as a surprise to most, but it will come sooner, rather than later. and I promise you - it will take this country completely by surprise.

One day - and again, it may come as a surprise to most, but it will come sooner, rather than later. and I promise you - it will take this country completely by surprise.

Can you be more explicit here? What is it, and what sort of time frame is sooner?

Yeah right. There is no way WW3 will happen and if it does, we'll all be dead by nuclear holocast

threat (thrĕt)

• n.
  • n.
  • n.

I guess logic is not your strong suit. 9/11 was not an expression of intention to inflict harm; it was the harm itself. Today, we are faced with a much more explicit intention to inflict harm.

Threat Definition of threat by Merriam-Webster

Feel free to tell me what that 'explicit threat' that is greater today than it was the day before 9/11.

You seem to fear the 'threat' more than the actual harm- or maybe you just want to be in fear.

There is no immediate threat for WW3- other than the United States there is no power that can project power across the globe except for nukes- and that would be suicide.

Have you built your shelter yet? Don't forget the protective clothing.

Have you built your shelter yet? Don't forget the protective clothing.
It would be actually nice to have a shelter somewhere around me. I doubt there are any, sadly. I wonder if those fallout shelters from 60s are still operating. One day China or Russia will launch their nukes so it would be better to know where to hide.

Quit watching cable news, except for a few spots the world has never been more peaceful.
Damn it seems like it's getting only worse. Terrorist threat has never been so high, Russians are going insane, Chinese are striving for the world domination. Our world doesn't look peaceful in any possible way.

Russians are going insane? What exactly do you mean?

it doesn't take a country, just a few dozen guys who know what to do. they can do it 1 man per job, no coordinatinon or leadership is required. All the pipelines and refineries and bridges and power plants and 'pumping' stations (non nuke) are unguarded. the grain fields and pine forests, in dry season, can be burned by thousands of square miles.

it's not likely to be nuclear at all, just an economic inability to buy oil, or inability to control riots. When the foreign investors see that, they'll stop buying our short term bonds, and that is all it will take to finish off the $. NObody works for free. So, when the $100 bill is nothing but toilet paper, there will be nobody hauling garbage, catching prowling dogs, controling criminals, pumping/treating water or sewage, stopping fires, or making gas/fuel, nobody driving trucks,nothing getting hauled. No food, no water, NOTHING

Forum List

Back