World War III coming in 25 years

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
Madone.

I have put laid out my case. I have shown you what the Russian and Chinese military are doing. I have compared this era to historical events. And I have explained why I think a coup in Russia is realistic and an imperialist drive in China will happen.

If you don't want to accept my opinion, fine.

The military statistics I posted are facts not opinions. I worked for the DIA for years and our job is to view threats 20 years down the road, well beyond the CIA's job of working for today and working for "the now."

In a few decades, we will have a handle on terrorism. September 11th, Osama bin Laden, Iraq... these things will be a distant memory.

The next stage of history will be grander and bigger than we could imagine.

Originally posted by Zhukov
One does not 'halt' a nuclear exchange. One either plays for it all or is consumed by the nuclear furnance. We wouldn't launch one weapon and wait for a response, we would launch thousands.

That is why it is imperative to always make sure the line we draw is clear and non-negotioable.

If we had an SDI, and that is why we are trying to build one. Even so, no SDI could be constructed that could guarantee complete invicibility to enemy attack.

We didn't have anymore nuclear weapons in 1945. Our last one was dropped on Nagasaki. It took until the proceeding summer to construct several more. Stalin calculated that the Soviet Union, with its newly acquired properties and protectorates in eastern Europe and Asia could withstand a nuclear attack by us against them of between 3 and 6 nuclear bombs, and still maintain enough strength to conquer all of Europe.

Starting a war with the Soviet Union at any point in time after the war would have been a bad idea. The situation did get progressively more perilous as time went on, but that does not mean that the situation was ever good.

Had we invaded Moscow, as Patton wanted, nuclear weapons would not be in the hands of the Russians, Chinese, Pakistanis, and possible rogue states such as North Korea and Iran.

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
Had we invaded Moscow, as Patton wanted, nuclear weapons would not be in the hands of the Russians

You're missing my point. I don't think we could have made it to Moscow, and even if we did it would have taken five years, Stalin would have his bomb, and most major industrial centers would have been beyond the Urals anyways.

Had we listened to Patton there might not be a United States of America today.

The What if... game isnt very productive. we cant change what happened. only what will happen. And we can only do that by acting now. Which is why i supported the President in doing something about Iraq.

woah, this is alot of stuff goin through my head, i just read this whole thread. i think i should get a nobel prize!

Forum List

Back