World War II was the last Real war and the draft should be brought back

If you happened to be a young man during the Viet Nam Era, and you were one of those who were facing the draft, you'd realize just how unfairly that draft was implemented.

I'm sympathetic to the concept of a UNIVERSL DRAFT expect for the fact that I know god-damned well, that it would NOT be universal.

It is NOT needed. The military is better off with an all volunteer force. I do believe that States should return to the militia though. Every able bodied man and woman 18 to 40 should be required to serve 2 days a month in the State Militia. ANd subject to call up by the laws of the State in regards how the militia is used.

These militias would NOT be Federal. The Federal Government has the National Guard which is that part of a State militia that is federalized.

Since it's your idea, what would you perceive, or hope to see, these militias be used for?

They could be spread out over the month and used as reserve police, as security at events, as disaster help and all the other in State jobs the National Guard does now. Depending on the State laws they could be used in other methods as well. Upkeep and maintenance of roads and parks and such.

WW2 was a blot on human existence. Americans were heroes but it was not a heroic time. Life became so cheap that intelligent people thought it was a legitimate concept to keep killing civilians until maniacs in charge were convinced to surrender. All human survivors of WW2 (which we all are) shoud be ashamed by what we did.

Last edited:
WW2 was a blot on human existence. Americans were heroes but it was not a heroic time. Life became so cheap that intelligent people thought it was a legitimate concept to keep killing civilians until maniacs in charge were convinced to surrender. All human survivors of WW2 (which we all are) shoud be ashamed by what we did.

Hey stupid.........I didn't arrive on the planet until '64, well after WWII.

I have nothing to be ashamed of. Besides, I served this country for 20 years.

Of course it was whiteass. Consider the alternative. And thanks BKSailor.

We didn't have the technology for precision engagement then that we do now. There was simply no other way to deal with governments who refused to negotiate.

You would gladly have given all of Europe and Africa to the Nazis, and all of the Pacific to Japan. And it wouldn't have ended there. The Axis would have taken the whole world. You would have consigned billions to death, slavery, and oppression.

But you'd have felt good about yourself, and that's all that's important.

Damn, leftists are stupid.

Bikers are notorious for throwing their weight around, mostly when they have a quick getaway at hand. I appreciate not being called stupid. The concept of killing civilians in order to coerce maniac governments to surrender is so flawed and criminal that the human race should be ashamed about what happened.

Forum List

Back