World Trade Center' is a world class movie

If the 9/11 families or the 9/11 memorial don't deserve anything from the movie, why does Viacom?

Hell, I don't care if it goes to the familes, at least honor the people whose deaths they're using to make a buck in some way.

Because if its a movie done with taste and class then I will pay for it, period. If you don't want the makers to get a dime, don't go see it - thats called capitalism. I rather pay for something like this than the usual mindless crap that gets spewed out from Hollywood. Its an important story about the firefighters, more power to them if they are the ones telling the story. Would you rather it never be told?

Then I doubt I'll be seeing it. I don't want to enrich someone making a living off of other people's suffering without some compensation to the victims.

But Mr. C, that would mean not seeing most Holocaust movies, either. Or movies about war (i.e., The Killing Fields), rape (i.e. The Accused), about dictators and all their victims (i.e., Missing), etc., etc.

theHawk said:
Because if its a movie done with taste and class then I will pay for it, period.
Very good reason to see I movie. I generally agree.
theHawk said:
If you don't want the makers to get a dime, don't go see it - thats called capitalism.
Who are you responding to here? No one ever said anything of the sort. Are you sure you are posting in the right thread?
theHawk said:
I rather pay for something like this than the usual mindless crap that gets spewed out from Hollywood.
I agree it looks like it's going to be an excellent movie.
theHawk said:
Its an important story about the firefighters, more power to them if they are the ones telling the story. Would you rather it never be told?
No, I'm happy the film is being made. I personally find it distasteful for a studio to take an incredibly tragic, horrific situation, and profit from it without acknowledging that real people had to suffer for this movie to even exist. That's just my opinion. I can completely see going to the movie even if they didn't. It's just my choice.

Forum List

Back