World Series - Rays vs Phillies

Here's Sto-nerd out back behind mom and dad's garage smoking his nintendo bowl during pregame.

n64-pipe.jpg
I don't care who ya are that is awesome!

They took one in Tampa Bay-Woo Hoo!

Phillies' pitching looked lights-out.

Rays looked hesitent.

Rays need to lossen up. Keep in mind, however, the Rays lost the opener at home in the Sox's series. We all know how that turned out.

Some nice pitching on both sides. I expect to see more runs tonight.

While I would still bet on the Rays winning, I've decided to root for the Phillies. Mostly because of the way everyone and their fucking brother in the media is jumping whole hog onto the Rays bandwagon. And all things being equal, I like to root for the underdog.

I'm liking the righty/lefty matchups we'll have these next couple games. Howard is dismal against lefties, and it'll be nice not to have to DH Coste again for a while. That was Manuel's first bad move in a long time. I'm guessing Dobbs DH against the righties, but I just got home and I haven't seen the lineup yet.

Stoner you better hope "big game" Shields has his shit tight tonight.

Some nice pitching on both sides. I expect to see more runs tonight.

While I would still bet on the Rays winning, I've decided to root for the Phillies. Mostly because of the way everyone and their fucking brother in the media is jumping whole hog onto the Rays bandwagon. And all things being equal, I like to root for the underdog.

I don't know about nice pitching on both sides. The Rays pen looked great, but Kazmir was LOST out there, especially with guys on. I don't know how many great hittable pitches Burrell and Howard either whiffed or fouled away, and Coste too. Coste couldn't catch up to the fastball to save his life.

Kazmir got LUCKY. But their pen shut us down, that much is certain. Of course, likewise for ours.

Rays dominating. Still haven't seen our full offensive potential in this series yet.

Only one thing I can say about this game.

kids-spanking.jpg

Rays dominating. Still haven't seen our full offensive potential in this series yet.

Only one thing I can say about this game.

kids-spanking.jpg

How do you figure they "dominated"? We had our leadoff guy on 5 straight innings, and once again had something like 15 guys reach base. And once again, we're wasting good hittable pitches and getting ourselves out. If it weren't for our lackluster ability to finish an inning right, you'd be down 2-0.

You should consider yourself LUCKY you aren't down 2-0. Eventually we're going to score runners. We're obviously rusty from the time off, especially fucking DOBBS last night. The dude looked like he never saw a major league pitch before. But we've seen pitches now, and more than likely will see Shields and Kazmir again. You've got your hands full, especially with 3 games in Philly.

And what the fuck is up with Tampa fans??? Your stadium is practically SILENT in late innings with a LEAD, in the fucking WORLD SERIES! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You definitely aren't real fans. It's like you guys just show up because it's something to do for the night, it's pathetic.

Rays are more balanced. We are far deeper in the bullpen and can easily out-bat the Phillies. Phillies are known this year as a slugging team. Thing is, so are we. Rays are red-hot right now. Have been for a while. This series will be a high-scoring affair. Our pitchers need to buckle down and play lights-out.

Rays 2008 World Series Champions.

You must sooooooo be hating this.....

Let's see............

It's Tuesday, October 28th.

The Philly's are up 3-1 in the World Series.

The game was called off at the bottom of the 6th last night because of awful weather, and the game is now tied 2-2.

Tonight, at 8 pm (est) , the game will continue from the bottom of the 6th with the Philly's at bat.

I see a World Series win tonight for the boys from Philly! :clap2:

The Phillys won the World Series tonight, but I don't think anyone cares but Paulie, and he's not here anymore.

Oh well, if you're out there Paulie!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, you finally have your Championship!

:beer:

:woohoo:

:woohoo:

:beer:

Forum List

Back