World Series - Rays vs Phillies

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
It's official (almost) :eusa_clap:

After we whack the bums from Bah-sten it's on to the World Series. Not exactly the sexiest matchup for TV. In fact this is a ratings nightmare. None-the-less, it should be a very good matchup.

As for the game itself the Rays will have home field advantage thanks to the gayest way of deciding it in all of sports. Thanks, MLB!

Rays are more balanced. We are far deeper in the bullpen and can easily out-bat the Phillies. Phillies are known this year as a slugging team. Thing is, so are we. Rays are red-hot right now. Have been for a while. This series will be a high-scoring affair. Our pitchers need to buckle down and play lights-out.

Rays 2008 World Series Champions.

It's official (almost) :eusa_clap:

After we whack the bums from Bah-sten it's on to the World Series. Not exactly the sexiest matchup for TV. In fact this is a ratings nightmare. None-the-less, it should be a very good matchup.

As for the game itself the Rays will have home field advantage thanks to the gayest way of deciding it in all of sports. Thanks, MLB!

Rays are more balanced. We are far deeper in the bullpen and can easily out-bat the Phillies. Phillies are known this year as a slugging team. Thing is, so are we. Rays are red-hot right now. Have been for a while. This series will be a high-scoring affair. Our pitchers need to buckle down and play lights-out.

Rays 2008 World Series Champions.

Spoken like a true blue fake fan. You've had a baseball team for like 10 years, and this is the first time they didn't finish dead last, and all the sudden it's automatic? Please.

Your analysis was pretty crappy too. How do you figure your bullpen is deeper than ours? Ours had the lowest ERA in the majors for most of the season, and finished the year as the best in the NL. Matter of fact, our entire team ERA was 4th best. Not something the Phils are typically known for.

You beat a less than 100% Boston team, short their gold glove 3B, and an unhealthy Beckett. You also had the luxury of hitting Wakefield, who let's face it, is toast. Who WOULDN'T have banged him around like that?

I think you need to come back down to reality and hit the books, because you obviously have a lot to learn still in your fledgling baseball fan career.

I wish I could fire something back but I just don't see the Sox mounting a comeback, even if they squeak out a win tonight behind Dice-K. Of course some of my eternally optimistic friends remind me that they were behind 3-1 in the ALCS in 2004 and 2007. But there was one FUNDAMENTAL difference between those two and the current situation. In both of those cases the Red Sox were the better team. This time, not even close.

I still haven't decided who I'll be rooting for in the WS but I can be bribed with pos-rep. :D

I wish I could fire something back but I just don't see the Sox mounting a comeback, even if they squeak out a win tonight behind Dice-K. Of course some of my eternally optimistic friends remind me that they were behind 3-1 in the ALCS in 2004 and 2007. But there was one FUNDAMENTAL difference between those two and the current situation. In both of those cases the Red Sox were the better team. This time, not even close.

I still haven't decided who I'll be rooting for in the WS but I can be bribed with pos-rep. :D

If you're like me, you never want to see a division foe do well. I would never wish the best for any other NL East team. I get my rocks off watching the Mets crash and burn. And I ESPECIALLY don't root for the team who eliminates me.

But come on buddy, just root for us just this once. We need it. You know what it's like sitting through a drought. At least you had other titles in between the Sox drought, but if you're a baseball fan first like me, you understand what this WS means to me. When the Eagles lost in 04 to the Pats, that shit really hurt bad. But when Joe Carter hit that HR in game 6, I cried like a little bitch. I was 13, so I suppose that was still ok, but I'm almost afraid to go through this WS because if that happens again, I may cry so much I become gay.

Did anyone else turn the game off early last night? I sure did. Down 7-0 in the seventh I said, fuck this, I'm going to bed. Then on the radio this morning I hear them criticizing Francona for going with Beckett instead of Lester in game 6 and I'm like WHAT the FUCK!?!

Did anyone else turn the game off early last night? I sure did. Down 7-0 in the seventh I said, fuck this, I'm going to bed. Then on the radio this morning I hear them criticizing Francona for going with Beckett instead of Lester in game 6 and I'm like WHAT the FUCK!?!

That's why they invented youtube, so you can relive it!

Yeah, when I was watching the news this morning they said it was the biggest comeback in playoff history. (or along those lines.....)

That would be cool to have a Sox/Philly World Series. I hope it happens, the Red Sox never cease to amaze me with their comeback abilities!

i did. turned it off with 2 out in the bottom of the 7th. the rays are a better team, but losing a big lead like that can't help them, IMO. i don't even pretend to understand the fucktards criticizing Francona for starting Beckett.

You fake fans, you. You should have the common decency to stay up and lose with them. For your trouble, you might even end up seeing a win.

You fake fans, you. You should have the common decency to stay up and lose with them. For your trouble, you might even end up seeing a win.

LOL, maybe all the Sox fans should turn off the tv at the bottom of the 7th for EVERY game!

I really do want to see a Sox/Philly's WS-I promise I'll still cheer for your Philly's Paulie!

LOL, maybe all the Sox fans should turn off the tv at the bottom of the 7th for EVERY game!

I really do want to see a Sox/Philly's WS-I promise I'll still cheer for your Philly's Paulie!

Trust me, I do NOT want to play a Sox team that comes back from 3-1 down in the ALCS.

Number one, they will have the luxury of continuing right on to the WS without having to sit for 7 days like the Phils, and number two, they have a habit of sweeping teams in the WS after huge comebacks in the LCS.

I'm a little worried about all this time off for us. It may have been the death of the Tigers a few years ago. No one's had 7 days off since before spring training. Although, Cole Hamels sure seems to enjoy his beauty rest.

Trust me, I do NOT want to play a Sox team that comes back from 3-1 down in the ALCS.

Don't worry kid, you won't. Your Phillies are going to get molested at the prom by the boys from the Sunshine State. There will be no cuddling or spooning afterwards. Your boys will pack their shit and take the long cab ride home, sticky and confused.

Start drinking now. It'll help cope with the pain.

Don't worry kid, you won't. Your Phillies are going to get molested at the prom by the boys from the Sunshine State. There will be no cuddling or spooning afterwards. Your boys will pack their shit and take the long cab ride home, sticky and confused.

Sounds like somebody's been reading too much of the Bass......:eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Start drinking now. It'll help cope with the pain.

I imagine someone who probably STAYS high all day would be in perpetual dream land, but you're really optomistic about a team that hasn't proven SHIT yet.

Garza spanking the Sox. 2 more innings and you Bah-sten fans can start your, "Well at least we came back and almost won" talk with a little, "You only beat us because we were banged up" and all the other excuses you conjure up.

fat_lady.jpg

Last edited:
Garza spanking the Sox. 2 more innings and you Bah-sten fans can start your, "Well at least we came back and almost won" talk with a little, "You only beat us because we were banged up" and all the other excuses you conjure up.

fat_lady.jpg

You really shouldn't post your pic on here Stoner, that's creepy!

3-1 in the 8th.

aretha1.jpg

Ah, according to your logic I've seen you post on other threads, this lady will be voting for Obama, right?

Glad you're ready to vote for Obama too Stoner!

By the way, the tying run is at bat right now.....

Forum List

Back