World Series, pick your poison

Baumgardner was so good that you almost wanted to think that he was somehow cheating - like when Barry Bonds was hitting all his home runs. The Royals players saw him several times but still couldn't figure out how to succeed against him.

It was an incredible performance - once in a lifetime. Congrats to him.
as i said before,i knew once the giants had the lead and Baum came in my royals were going to lose.like i said before,he is right up there with nolan ryan,randy johnson,bob gibson,sandy koufax,don drysdale.pitchers that just overwhelmed hitters.

Im very proud of my royals.nobody gave them the chance to get this far but they did.Reminds me of Rocky.Just like Rocky,the royals went the distance with them taking them down to the wire with a chance to tie it up in the bottom of the 9th and send it to extra innings,what a great way to end a world series.

same as appolo creed and rocky balboa,These were two evenly matched teams that played the same type of baseball and just like the movie,the underdog took them down to the wire coming very close to beating them.at the least tying it and sending it to extra innings.could not ask for more.

they made kansas city and the country proud of them.

I just only wish this world series could have been your pirates it was against and THEY were the ones that beat my royals the pirates being my favorite team in the national league.that is until the cubs are someday serious contenders.in my heart they will always be my favorite national league team,but the pirates are the ones in that league who are the much more realistic ones of getting to the series someday soon.

that is if they can retain and keep their catcher and not lose him to free agency.sure hope they dont lose him and CAN keep him.But in thsi day and age of that freaking god damn free agency,dont hold your breath.

Last edited:
Bumgarner was indeed great, bu this is not saying much for the Giants as a team. Suppose Bumgarner had gone down in the first game with an injury, taking him out for the series ? ever take a look at the ERAs of the other Giants pitchers in this series ? They were terrible. Overall, Royals hitters had a field day with them.

If Bumgarner wasn't there, the Giants would have been toast. And even with him, they only won, on a broken bat fluke (their 3rd run in game 7).

Baumgardner was so good that you almost wanted to think that he was somehow cheating - like when Barry Bonds was hitting all his home runs. The Royals players saw him several times but still couldn't figure out how to succeed against him.

It was an incredible performance - once in a lifetime. Congrats to him.
as i said before,i knew once the giants had the lead and Baum came in my royals were going to lose.like i said before,he is right up there with nolan ryan,randy johnson,bob gibson,sandy koufax,don drysdale.pitchers that just overwhelmed hitters.

Im very proud of my royals.nobody gave them the chance to get this far but they did.Reminds me of Rocky.Just like Rocky,the royals went the distance with them taking them down to the wire with a chance to tie it up in the bottom of the 9th and send it to extra innings,what a great way to end a world series.

same as appolo creed and rocky balboa,These were two evenly matched teams that played the same type of baseball and just like the movie,the underdog took them down to the wire coming very close to beating them.at the least tying it and sending it to extra innings.could not ask for more.

they made kansas city and the country proud of them.

I just only wish this world series could have been your pirates it was against and THEY were the ones that beat my royals the pirates being my favorite team in the national league.that is until the cubs are someday serious contenders.in my heart they will always be my favorite national league team,but the pirates are the ones in that league who are the much more realistic ones of getting to the series someday soon.

that is if they can retain and keep their catcher and not lose him to free agency.sure hope they dont lose him and CAN keep him.But in thsi day and age of that freaking god damn free agency,dont hold your breath.
Royals are perfect candidate to purchase themselves a World Series thru free agency. I would look for a rally starter and a rally finisher, think Ricky Henderson Reggie Jackson types.

It'll be years before we see another WS pitching performance like Bumgarners in the 'live ball' era. It was pure art! Royals fan faces looked like glazed donuts after Bumgarner disposed of 'em.............:cool-45:.
Yeah, because of all the hits and runs in previous games...

I'm looking back on the predictions. I just got back from a party, so I might not be seeing straight. It looks like B.Kidd picked the Giants in 6 games. He wins. I picked the Giants in 4, and I win nothing. Moonglow never actually laid down a prediction, and somehow is claiming ownage? That's what I'm seeing in this thread, but I fully admit that I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back