World Oil All Gone In 38 Years

Do you believe we should start doing something now?

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I could care less

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did anyone drive or ride in a car/bus/taxi/uber/motorcycle/scooter/tractor/truck/boat/airplane today?

Guess what....

We have centuries of fossil fuel, and finding more ever day, especially in the U.S. Huge oil and gas fields have been found in Texas, but also Alaska, and off shore.

We now have fracking technology that can use the rich, natural gas resources which are CLEAN, and abundant.

marcellusshalewestvirginia.gif

I did the research; Now you help me get the word out (BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!)

The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

10. United States - 39,230 million barrels
9. Libya - 48,363 million barrels
8. Russia - 80,000 million barrels
7. United Arab Emirates - 97,800 million barrels
6. Kuwait - 101,500 million barrels
5. Iraq - 142,503 million barrels
4. Iran - 158,400 million barrels
3. Canada - 169,709 million barrels
2. Saudi Arabia - 266,455 million barrels
1. Venezuela - 300,878 million barrels

the above adds up to---- 1,304,838 million barrels

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

93 million a day X 356 days = 33,945 a year

1304838/33945 = 38 years

Check it out, do the math yourself
Then help us find a new future for our children!!!!
:)-
What do you think we should do?

You win the "Oxymoron of the Month" award for your entry "Renewable Energy Superpower" Congratulations!

I've gone back to the drawing board on this one. To get a true answer to my quest requires far more variables that my simplistic version. I've found the fun is in the journey and my final conclusion will just be the icing on the cake.

We now have fracking technology that can use the rich, natural gas resources which are CLEAN, and abundant.

In my view fracking is nothing more than scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
Annual consumption of natural gas Unit: bcm: Billion cubic metres of natural gas (abbreviated: bcm) or cubic kilometer of natural gas is a measure of natural gas production and trade.

United States 864
Russia 741
Iran 232
Canada 188
Qatar 168
China 160
Norway 127
Australia 125
Saudi Arabia 98
Algeria 96
Turkmenistan 85
Indonesia 75
-------------------------------------------------
2,695 billion cubic meters =
100,000,269,595 cubic meters = 328,084,873,999 cubic feet
Global Natural Gas Production | World gas natural statistics | Enerdata

516 trillion = 516,000,000,000,000

516 is larger than 328 which means the world consumes more natural gas in a day than the amount found in this new discovery.

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

1304838/33945 = 38 years

Great news! The earth will be dead before we run out of oil. 11 years left.

1304838/33945 = 38 years

Snoopy-S.gif

Is this supposed to be like something from Green Onions?

It's supposed to be funny...isn't it?

Last edited:
The us can stretch an extra 25 years from shale.

No it can because the chart show proven reserves

Prior to Fracking and directional drilling the US was not number 10 and we were lower than 10th but due to fracking and directional drilling we are number 10 as we are able to access more oil reserves than before

But the thing is now with this technology they are producing more that the top countries who have a whole lot more reserves than the US.

Venezuela has almost 70 percent more reserves than the US and if you add the reserves in the top countries we would be lucky to break into the single digits

If you add up the top countries US does not even come close

So yeah you can increase pumping and hope for better technology to come along but if it does not you pretty much are shooting your wad in the hopes of making money now

The top countries can exceed US output easily if they wanted to.
But the US is just going 100 miles and hour down the highway because they can. Eventually we know what will happen at that speed. Also when your the top dog you really want to stay that way. Still US import crude all from various countries even with all this activity in the oil industry. At least 70 percent of crude oil and related products are imported in 2018

How much petroleum does the United States import and export? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

US oil production it goes up and then it goes down. That is its history and current levels are not sustainable for the long haul. Venezuela and SA are laughing because in the long haul they will still be there.

Fracking in oil production also uses an astronomical amount of water.

This is in direct competition with farmers and people who use water for everyday uses.

It also produces waste water and they just pump the unusable water back into the ground.

Prior to Fracking and directional drilling the US was not number 10 and we were lower than 10th but due to fracking and directional drilling we are number 10 as we are able to access more oil reserves than before

But the thing is now with this technology they are producing more that the top countries who have a whole lot more reserves than the US.

Venezuela has almost 70 percent more reserves than the US and if you add the reserves in the top countries we would be lucky to break into the single digits

So yeah you can increase pumping and hope for better technology to come along but if it does not you pretty much are shooting your wad in the hopes of making money now

But the US is just going 100 miles and hour down the highway because they can. Eventually we know what will happen at that speed. Also when your the top dog you really want to stay that way. Still US import crude all from various countries even with all this activity in the oil industry. At least 70 percent of crude oil and related products are imported in 2018

How much petroleum does the United States import and export? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

US oil production it goes up and then it goes down. That is its history and current levels are not sustainable for the long haul. Venezuela and SA are laughing because in the long haul they will still be there.

This is in direct competition with farmers and people who use water for everyday uses.

It also produces waste water and they just pump the unusable water back into the ground.
Nice opinion, got anymore fables?

Fracking can use saline water which is a fair amount of the ground water in places that have fracking or can be shipped in. cross contaminate a fresh ground water vein with a saline vein and the EPA will own you ass until you stop breathing. Proven reserves mean very little to nothing when it comes to shale.

1304838/33945 = 38 years

personally I think we should stay the course: use oil as we need it but keep developing and improving alternatives. In 38 years we won't need oil at all.

Forum List

Back