World Markets Plunge on Fears of US Economy

Did you read what I wrote? If we only buy american made products.... it does not help the GLOBAL economy? Perhaps a little reading comprehension would help?

That's a bad idea.

If all our trading partners decided they were only going to buy their own bonds and no longer buy our bonds, then the US economy would collapse.

A couple trillion in US government bonds sits overseas. If the world took the same attitude that they should only do business in their own country, the US would collapse into a deep recession.

No, you idiot. I'm talking about the people who work there, not the people who shop there.

And only somebody who has never had to struggle to feed and clothe themselves and their family would sneer at people who "don't have the discipline" to recognize a good deal when they see one.

Elitists make me sick. Hyopcritical pieces of shit.

Guess what dummy, I'm struggling to feed and clothe my family RIGHT NOW. I'm pretty used to it actually, as I grew up in a low income family. My work depends on the housing market, and I'm hurting because of it.

I'm one of those people I'm referring to whom I hope could have some discipline. WHen the government gives us a tax refund on this stimulus package, I'll buy American. Not very many good deals on American at Wal-Mart anyway.

I'm nothing CLOSE to an elitist. I've had to stuggle my whole life. Been looked down upon by upper class people for years. You don't fucking know me.

It seems you sneer equally on everyone, if they choose not to walk your path. Those who make more than you and apparently hold you in low regard, and your economic peers, who do what they can to provide for their families.

Low income people can be elitists, too, you know.

It seems you sneer equally on everyone, if they choose not to walk your path. Those who make more than you and apparently hold you in low regard, and your economic peers, who do what they can to provide for their families.

Low income people can be elitists, too, you know.

You use the term "elitist" around here like most people use "the".

You need some new material, you're boring the shit out of me. And according to the PM's I get about you, you're boring the shit out of a LOT of people.

You use the term "elitist" around here like most people use "the".

You need some new material, you're boring the shit out of me. And according to the PM's I get about you, you're boring the shit out of a LOT of people.

Broken record indeed. I notice you did not respond to Toro.

Oh, Pauly. I don't care what PMs you get, anymore than I care that Jilly likes to neg me whenever she's made an ass of herself and is too embarassed to say anything in the open.

I use the term elitist because it applies. Unlike some, I don't adjust my commentary according to what is popular.

Hungry? Eat your import.

Bush should pair up a tax refund with a non-tax month for products that are made in the USA if he wants to stimulate the economy. Otherwise, as has been posted, hemorrhaging money out of the US with the wal mart excuse will help nothing.

Broken record indeed. I notice you did not respond to Toro.

Well, Toro is admittedly more educated on economics than I am. I don't really think anything the government intervenes with is going to help the economy. I'd rather it just be left alone for the markets to correct themselves, and the government just cut some wasteful spending like they SHOULD have been doing.

In the meantime though, I'll be supporting my country by buying American, and insuring my cash by buying some gold.

You do whatever you do.

Artist: Wookiefoot
Album: Other Song Lyrics
Title: All You Can Eat Buffet Print
Correct

the grass grows in the field and the cows eat all the grass
and i eat all the cows so i can have a big white ass
attention wal-mart shoppers there's a sale on isle five
so get spatstic with your plastic ain't it great to be alive
what a happy day at the all you can eat buffet
fill the whole damn tray at the all you can eat buffet
let me here you say "GO USA" at the all you can eat buffet
just throw it all away at the all you can eat buffet
the cows grow in the field and the test tubes grew the eggs
when genetically perfected they won't even need their legs
get excited wal-mart shoppers there's a new machine to buy
it brings you spiritual salvation only $19.95

2 months ago, someone said “recession”.

Then 2 people said it.
Then 4.
Then 8...

2 months later, the media is in a tizzy, the market is collapsing, and we’re looking at “the worst economy in 50 years”.

I guess the liberals and their willing partners in the press are not happy that we're winning the war, so they need to come up with some other situations of misery -- all in the name of political gain.

Its 20% now.

4-20-07tax2-f1.jpg

Head Start training for their Policy Councils says it's way more than that. According to them it's more than everything else combined. Ever hear of the Oreo Cookie example for the Federal Budget?

http://www.truemajorityaction.org/oreos/

Head Start training for their Policy Councils says it's way more than that. According to them it's more than everything else combined. Ever hear of the Oreo Cookie example for the Federal Budget?

http://www.truemajorityaction.org/oreos/

The pie chart is misleading -- only discretionary spending goes thru the budget process.

The large majority (~60%) of TOTAL federal spending is off-budget entitlement spending.

Forum List

Back