World economy on thin ice - U.N. blames US

The muslims and the rest of the third world maybe, not the freethinking world.

Roomy, you are too young to remember what came UK's way when it had its Empire. Then it was England that caught the flak. Now it's the US. I think France was truly taken by surprise when the US reacted, both as a government and individually to what many saw as a betrayal of a presumed ally. Yes, well aware of her capricious behavior in the past, this seemed more than self-interest, it was to truly harm.

Then there are organizations that many of us once truly believed in or at least had great hopes for, such as the UN or NATO. No longer. Many of the strongest supporters of the 'war on terror' are turning isolationistic, more than any of the 3 candidates seem to recognize, much less 'the world.'

Of course it's the fault of the USA, the worlds biggest economy goes tits up, the rest of the world follows, we are treading water here, slowly drowning and until your government turns it around it will continue.Maybe it will take someone like Mr Obama to do this?

Don't get your hopes up Roomy. :( Obama, Clinton, Mccain....can't stop the downward motion of this "Rollercoaser" now....there is still a wee bit way to go before that roller coaster hits the bottom and starts going up again. There are more subprimers to fall, and there are alot more reposessions and defaults on loans to come that will cause this continued down turn....

Then when we get out of that mess, we will have Social Security and Major Medicare Costs that boom and are unaffordable, unless we strap the usa citizens with much, much higher taxes, which then will keep the economy slower for a bit longer too....

We are in a real mess, with all of the money this country has BORROWED for the past 7 years, virtually doubling the entire National Debt of our country's history in just This President's 8 year term, I believe it was from around 5.5 trillion to over 10 trillion when all said and done.....This money is strapping us down, with huge interest payments ($300 Billion and rising rapidly/ a year) to those that loaned us the money right on the beginnings of a kaaaaaaaazillion Boomer Generation's retirement.... :( all hitting us at the same time we are going in to a recession where our gvt will collect less and less in taxes while obligating the SAME amount of monies....so even greater debt, more borrowing, more just printing of money, which means more devaluation of the Usa Dollar, which meand HIGHER OIL PRICES FOR US, which means a prolonged recession or even a possibility of a Depression some skeptics on the Economy say...

So, hold on to your horses, things will get ALOT worse before better...but it will get better, God willing. :D

Care

Payback? Payback for what exactly you fucking idiot? And do you think economics and politics have nothing to do with one another? fucking idiot.

Based on your language it's obvious you only recently climbed out from under a rock, so I'm not surprised you don't understand. As for payback, well, it goes back way too far and involves too much to go into here to any degree to where you might understand it. Let's just say it's not happenstance. It's a leveling out process that sucks people in and spits people out on both ends and it's not the first time and not the last time it will happen.
Churchill said that the free market is the worst way to distribute wealth, except for all those other ways. It's part of the nature of free market economies because they are always backward looking. Much like a lot of the conversation going on here.
Politics affects peoples feelings about things which does get reflected into local economics but politics is still local. Economics is not and has become more so in the last several decades. Economics is a measure of human nature, something that hasn't really changed in thousands of years. Politics changes with the wind. It's important only for the moment and serves temporal purposes.

Based on your language it's obvious you only recently climbed out from under a rock, so I'm not surprised you don't understand. As for payback, well, it goes back way too far and involves too much to go into here to any degree to where you might understand it. Let's just say it's not happenstance. It's a leveling out process that sucks people in and spits people out on both ends and it's not the first time and not the last time it will happen.
Churchill said that the free market is the worst way to distribute wealth, except for all those other ways. It's part of the nature of free market economies because they are always backward looking. Much like a lot of the conversation going on here.
Politics affects peoples feelings about things which does get reflected into local economics but politics is still local. Economics is not and has become more so in the last several decades. Economics is a measure of human nature, something that hasn't really changed in thousands of years. Politics changes with the wind. It's important only for the moment and serves temporal purposes.

Your remarks are far more more offensive than any colourful language I use.

Heres a little lesson for you dafty, I shall make it as simple as possible to give you the best chance possible of grasping it.
Everything you do, everything you think (bit of a misnomer) everything you say are all politically driven, whether you like it or not.Politics rule the world, can you understand?:cuckoo:

Interpretation:
The world will now have to get off their asses and work. We've been propping them all up for decades, time to stand on their own.

Fuck you. I'm gonna sit on my ass and get wasted each and everyday the good Lord lets me wake up and take another dump.

Your remarks are far more more offensive than any colourful language I use.

Heres a little lesson for you dafty, I shall make it as simple as possible to give you the best chance possible of grasping it.
Everything you do, everything you think (bit of a misnomer) everything you say are all politically driven, whether you like it or not.Politics rule the world, can you understand?:cuckoo:

Your obviously clueless. This is a waste of time.

They say the U.S. dollar is declining in value and that more people in the U.S. are investing in gold or silver; so you never know. Every great kingdom has fallen, maybe we are next....

I still don't understand. ONCE AGAIN, the UN was created by largely by the United States. It is funded LARGELY by the United States. It is staffed LARGELY by the United States. The United States has veto power, and a permanent seat in the Security Council, the only section that has any (ANY) teeth in the United Nations. The US RUNS the UN, all except the General assembly. You guys rule the place. Yet the UN is STILL bad. What can it possibly take for the UN to have ANY significance? I guess the only answer is "Cease to exist".

In 1997 the global growth slowdown was blamed on East Asia because they had an ECONOMIC CRISIS. In 2001 it was Argentina who had an economic crisis. Whenever there's a major economic slowdown in a major economy, the world economy slows down, it's a fact. The US economy slowed down in 2008, so the World Economy, DEFINITELY, slows down, because it's the largest economy in the world. Saying that the UN is somehow being "unfair" for stating that (what everybody knows) is absolutely idiotic.

Roomy, you can't have it both ways, regardless of how cute you are.

The American economy sneezes and the world economy gets a cold.

Since the American economy was a driving force in making other economies healthy (Japan, China, Viet Nam, to name but a few) when our middle class find themselves strapped and unable to keep buying stuff (mostly on credit) of course the world economy is going to slow down, too.

The article you linked to is gone, but if that article (or the UN) failed to mention the devasting effect that world oil prices are having on the working classes in every nation, then why not?

As I always say: F*ck the UN and f*ck the world. We should withdraw from the UN, kick their asses out of OUR country, and let "the world" take care of itself. Damned ingrates.

Wow. The UN doesn't distinguish
between democrat and republican, but let me tell you that us democrats agree with the UN and the rest of the world. Now do you want to kick us out too?

And the reason we police the rest of the world is because it benefits us. We should have listened to the UN. They sort of tell a country when they are wrong. Boy were they spot on with Iraq.

Maybe rupert murdoc can buy up all the worlds media so they to only know what bush wants them to know.

Ever consider it is you that is wrong?

I still don't understand. ONCE AGAIN, the UN was created by largely by the United States. It is funded LARGELY by the United States. It is staffed LARGELY by the United States. The United States has veto power, and a permanent seat in the Security Council, the only section that has any (ANY) teeth in the United Nations. The US RUNS the UN, all except the General assembly. You guys rule the place. Yet the UN is STILL bad. What can it possibly take for the UN to have ANY significance? I guess the only answer is "Cease to exist".

In 1997 the global growth slowdown was blamed on East Asia because they had an ECONOMIC CRISIS. In 2001 it was Argentina who had an economic crisis. Whenever there's a major economic slowdown in a major economy, the world economy slows down, it's a fact. The US economy slowed down in 2008, so the World Economy, DEFINITELY, slows down, because it's the largest economy in the world. Saying that the UN is somehow being "unfair" for stating that (what everybody knows) is absolutely idiotic.

Exactly. The UN and the rest of the world are right. Note that they also prefer Obama.

This is just neo cons trying to use patriotism and nationalism to rally support.

Boy, they sure resent a 3rd party opinion, huh?

Its a lot easier to say th democrats are wrong than it is to say the whole rest of the world is too. lol

Silly Bobo

"...let me tell you that us democrats agree with the UN and the rest of the world."

You're speaking for the entire Dem party?~Wow. I know some who've said the same thing as Gunny, here.

"...And the reason we police the rest of the world is because it benefits us..."

I suppose they take it out in free trade.

"...We should have listened to the UN. They sort of tell a country when they are wrong..."

Yyea, we should always invite an international body to Big Brother us.

Last edited:
Silly Bobo

"...let me tell you that us democrats agree with the UN and the rest of the world."

You're speaking for the entire Dem party?~Wow. I know some who've said the same thing as Gunny, here.

"...And the reason we police the rest of the world is because it benefits us..."

I suppose they take it out in free trade.

"...We should have listened to the UN. They sort of tell a country when they are wrong..."

Yyea, we should always invite an international body to Big Brother us.

Yes. The entire Democratic party thinks the GOP has taken our country in the wrong direction, and hence we have dragged the rest of the world economy with us. Yes, we do agree with the UN that the GOP has ruined the world. I stand by that statement. We didn't, you did.

Remember when Canada didn't follow the pied piper into Iraq? I was so mad at them. But boy did it turn out that WE were wrong.

No one said invite an international body.... That's your paranoia and spin on what I said. Hitler didn't listen to the rest of the world when they told him not to invade poland, and Bush didn't listen, and in fact LIED about anthrax and a connection between Saddam and 9-11. Stupid.

Forum List

Back