World Cup 2010

Would love the Dutch to win, simply because they've been there twice before. However, Spain looked outstanding...one, well drilled machine....Although why Pablo didn't pass to Torres is beyond me!

Before I make my prediction you should know I am 0 for the entire series.

My initial picks were Brazil and Italy and rooted for USA to at least make the semis. Then I liked Ghana and Gyan immediately hit the crossbar on a penalty kick as the last play in regulation time.

Then I rooted for Argentina over Germany

And then I thought there was no way Spain could stop Germany.

So, since I have no dog in this race I'm going to do fans of the Dutch and Spain a favor and watch the Mets instead.

Apparently, there is this octopus in Germany which has been predicting all of Germany's games. It is 6 for 6 thus far, picking Germany to lose against Serbia and Spain and to win all the other games.

I picked Argentina at the beginning of this tournament but had doubts because they didn't have a real manager. I also thought Spain or Brazil. I picked Spain to win Euro 08 but wasn't sure if they had the mental toughness to win it all this time. But they do have the best team. I am otherwise horrendous picking sports.

I loved watching the Spain-Germany match. I thought it was much better than the Holland-Uruguay match, even though there were four less goals. The reason why Spain has only allowed one goal in this tournament is because nobody can get the ball from the Spanish.

Interestingly, the World Cup is being held in South Africa, once a former Dutch colony, and Holland was once a province of Spain.

Anyways, I have some Dutch blood in my heritage, and as much as I'd like to pick Holland, I don't think they are going to win. Spain will be champions.

Would love the Dutch to win, simply because they've been there twice before. However, Spain looked outstanding...one, well drilled machine....Although why Pablo didn't pass to Torres is beyond me!

Pedro, ;)

But yeah, I was actually thinking Torres could at least get 1 Goal even if it was a 2 on 1. I think Pedro got a little too excited..

Apparently, there is this octopus in Germany which has been predicting all of Germany's games. It is 6 for 6 thus far, picking Germany to lose against Serbia and Spain and to win all the other games.

I picked Argentina at the beginning of this tournament but had doubts because they didn't have a real manager. I also thought Spain or Brazil. I picked Spain to win Euro 08 but wasn't sure if they had the mental toughness to win it all this time. But they do have the best team. I am otherwise horrendous picking sports.

I loved watching the Spain-Germany match. I thought it was much better than the Holland-Uruguay match, even though there were four less goals. The reason why Spain has only allowed one goal in this tournament is because nobody can get the ball from the Spanish.

Interestingly, the World Cup is being held in South Africa, once a former Dutch colony, and Holland was once a province of Spain.

Anyways, I have some Dutch blood in my heritage, and as much as I'd like to pick Holland, I don't think they are going to win. Spain will be champions.

I was actually kind of Amazed how that Octopus still hasn't gotten any Prediction wrong.. Even against Serbia! If i were German I'd be mad at the Octopus than the Team Itself.

It's true, Even against the "Mighty" German Team everybody thought they were going to Destroy Spain and they couldn't even get the Ball! The only time they actually managed to get the ball was either a Spanish Player mistake or a Save from the German Goal Keeper..

We are masters at the Passing Game, I'll have to admit.. We worked the German Defense.. I'm kind of confused on how they didn't catch Puyol coming right outside the Penalty Box.. But that was a Great Goal.. I'm pretty sure my Neighbors could hear my whole Family Scream "GOAL!"

That's true, It's funny how I'm half Dutch and Spanish, and Holland used be a Spanish Territory.. But I'm going to go with my Country of Birth and spent my whole most of my Childhood..

Spain will have to keep playing like they have, and not be Over Confident, that's what hurt them against Switzerland.

Viva La Furia Roja!

Last edited:
I am going to kill this bleedin octopus.
The "Orakelkrake" will make a fine risotto....

Anyway, although I am in mourning...in four years the Spanish will be old and our team will be on the height of their powers...

Still dreaming of the fourth star.

regards
ze germanguy (boooooohooooooohoooooooooooo..........................)

Anyone else watching the final? I don't even like soccer but I'm tuning in just in case it turns out to be somewhat exciting. It isn't. It currently a thrilling 0-0 tie!

"When to blow your Vivuzela":

BoringSoccerGame.jpg

The best thing about the game today: Capedevila.

Hubba Hubba.

Congrats to Spain!

They are the best team in the world and they were the best team on the day, though the Dutch certainly had chances to win it.

I was disappointed that Holland tried to kick Spain out of the game.

Forum List

Back