World breaks monthly heat record 2 times in a row

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
WASHINGTON (AP) — The globe is on a hot streak, setting a heat record in June. That's after the world broke a record in May.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Monday that last month's average global temperature was 61.2 degrees, which is 1.3 degrees higher than the 20th century average. It beat 2010's old record by one-twentieth of a degree.

While one-twentieth of a degree doesn't sound like much, in temperature records it's like winning a horse race by several lengths, said NOAA climate monitoring chief Derek Arndt.

And that's only part of it. The world's oceans not only broke a monthly heat record at 62.7 degrees, but it was the hottest the oceans have been on record no matter what the month, Arndt said.

"We are living in the steroid era of the climate system," Arndt said.

I am not impressed with us threatening 2005 and 2010. Should be blowing it away! But this isn't a sign of cooling.

1/20th of one degree!!!!

:eusa_dance::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Like Ive said many times on this forum......the people who embrace AGW get hysterical over everything in life, but especially shit like this. You cant even make this up!! You ask why nobody cares about global warming in 2014? There ya go......you might get 2-3 people out of 100 caring. Say that to the other 97 people and they laugh their balls off to the point of having their nut sacks hurt.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Global Highlights
The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for June 2014 was the highest on record for the month, at 0.72°C (1.30°F) above the 20th century average of 15.5°C (59.9°F).
The global land surface temperature was 0.95°C (1.71°F) above the 20th century average of 13.3°C (55.9°F), the seventh highest for June on record.
For the ocean, the June global sea surface temperature was 0.64°C (1.15°F) above the 20th century average of 16.4°C (61.5°F), the highest for June on record and the highest departure from average for any month.
The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for the January–June period (year-to-date) was 0.67°C (1.21°F) above the 20th century average of 13.5°C (56.3°F), tying with 2002 as the third warmest such period on record.

Global Analysis - June 2014 | State of the Climate | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

One thing pops out at me...The fact that we're fighting to better years over a decade ago. Not much of a warming.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The globe is on a hot streak, setting a heat record in June. That's after the world broke a record in May.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Monday that last month's average global temperature was 61.2 degrees, which is 1.3 degrees higher than the 20th century average. It beat 2010's old record by one-twentieth of a degree.

While one-twentieth of a degree doesn't sound like much, in temperature records it's like winning a horse race by several lengths, said NOAA climate monitoring chief Derek Arndt.

And that's only part of it. The world's oceans not only broke a monthly heat record at 62.7 degrees, but it was the hottest the oceans have been on record no matter what the month, Arndt said.

I am not impressed with us threatening 2005 and 2010. Should be blowing it away! But this isn't a sign of cooling.

Another AGW cult thread based on faulty numbers..

How sad that the AGW cult has so much control over things and will suppresses real science.

Yet we're still 3rd hottest for the year. It hasn't warmed from at least 2005.

10TempPast11000Yrs_lg.jpg

It is often reported that the temperature of the earth is higher the past 20 years than it has ever been in history. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been. Hundreds of research studies using ice cores, pollen sedimentation, tree rings, etc. have shown that there were dozens of periods in the past 11,000 years (the Holocene period) that earth's temperature was warmer than it is today. Earth's temperature was very much warmer at least four times during the current interglacial period.

13Med-HoloOptimums_lg.jpg

Before the Little Ice Age, research studies have shown that there were two major warming periods; the Medieval Climate Optimum and the Holocene Optimum when it was 1.5 to nearly 3 degrees C warmer than it is today. The Vikings colonized Greenland during the Medieval Climate Optimum when they could actually grow crops on Greenland. By the 1400s Greenland had become so cold that these colonies had to be abandoned.

Just defeated the entire AGW argument and their religion.

Global Highlights
The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for June 2014 was the highest on record for the month, at 0.72°C (1.30°F) above the 20th century average of 15.5°C (59.9°F).
The global land surface temperature was 0.95°C (1.71°F) above the 20th century average of 13.3°C (55.9°F), the seventh highest for June on record.
For the ocean, the June global sea surface temperature was 0.64°C (1.15°F) above the 20th century average of 16.4°C (61.5°F), the highest for June on record and the highest departure from average for any month.
The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for the January–June period (year-to-date) was 0.67°C (1.21°F) above the 20th century average of 13.5°C (56.3°F), tying with 2002 as the third warmest such period on record.

Global Analysis - June 2014 | State of the Climate | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

One thing pops out at me...The fact that we're fighting to better years over a decade ago. Not much of a warming.

• Satellite temperatures showed it wasn’t even close to hottest. NOAA failed to mention this in their press release, even though they are obviously aware of it.
  • The amount of sea ice on Earth in June was the highest in decades
  • Parts of Antarctica had their coldest June on record
  • The Arctic north of 80N was below normal temperature every day in June, and was first or second coldest on record.

The claim is a lie. noaa is a fraud. When the climate doesn't cooperate with the hypothesis, the data must be beaten into submission to protect the hypothesis.

Well, I guess I may have to believe now on my gut feeling instead of looking on all these AGW reports or stats or whatever you call it. It seems to me that every information presented is not truthful or just based on some person's research and the sort. I'll just do my share in taking care of our environment at home, silently. Just my two cents.

How sad that the AGW cult has so much control over things and will suppresses real science.

Show me your dataset. You have none of course and you're accusing me of attacking real science? I kind of did attack the notion that it is warming rapidly. ;)

Show me your dataset. You have none of course and you're accusing me of attacking real science? I kind of did attack the notion that it is warming rapidly. ;)

Exactly by believing the manufactured data that you post here to try an prove your AGW religion.

Already defeated your AGW talking points, so you got anything else?

Global Highlights

• Satellite temperatures showed it wasn’t even close to hottest. NOAA failed to mention this in their press release, even though they are obviously aware of it.
  • The amount of sea ice on Earth in June was the highest in decades
  • Parts of Antarctica had their coldest June on record
  • The Arctic north of 80N was below normal temperature every day in June, and was first or second coldest on record.

The claim is a lie. noaa is a fraud. When the climate doesn't cooperate with the hypothesis, the data must be beaten into submission to protect the hypothesis.

None of your comments (for which you provide NO references) refute NOAA's comment.

There was no effort to extort the US's resources in the 20th century by claiming a spike in "global warming" so the sensors were placed in relatively benign areas. In the 21'st century more efficient sensors have been placed in more volatile areas and they show...gasp... wouldn't you know it ...that it gets hot in the summer and damned cold in the winter. The US East Coast has had the coolest spring and moderate summer temperatures in modern history.

Forum List

Back