World AIDS DAY info

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by taichiliberal, Dec 1, 2011.

1. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    This is the second time you've displayed your idiocy, Marty boy. You're enamored of a theory that is 30 years old, yet to date YOU CANNOT PRODUCE THE SCIENTIFIC PAPER THAT STATES CONCLUSIVELY IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS THAT HIV=AIDS. The last two words of my quote is "SINCE 1989" It's now 2011, you idiot! If you can find a report from the CDC that contradicts my quote, then produce it. If not, go blow smoke somewhere else.

2. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I love watching these two stupes coddle each other....as the chronology of the posts shows, they both display willful ignorance and sheer hypocrisy with a dose of intellectual dishonesty.

3. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Correct. Haven't and will not read Duesburg.

I have read Robbin's Pathologic Basis of Disease. I'll venture to guess you have not. I am not going to insist you read it before you spout off whatever your opinion is.

If anyone wants to overturn scientific consensus, they own the burden of proof.

In the meantime, all the the evidence shows that HAART therapy has been one of the greatest success stories in medicine over the last 20 years. HIV/AIDS is now a manageable disease with a reasonable life expectancy.

But, by all means, keep screaming about the evils of big pharma or that the real solution is to chew rhubarb or whatever alternative/naturo/holistiocbullshit you believe.

As I noted before, it won't change a damn thing.

If you are really passionate about it, go get a Ph.D or M.D. and devote your life to it.

Or maybe being an impotent fool on a message board is more your style.

And I am sure the "folks" reading this thread agree.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4]Porky Pig Cartoon Ending "That's All Folks!" - YouTube[/ame]

4. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,950
    taichilib, you're off track by dwelling on your prejudicial notion that you are talking to idiots, when in fact, you are talking possibly to a gifted healer who may be well grounded in the science he practices and is bound by oath to do the right thing according to what is known about the scientific aspects of a specific health matter, and tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

If you could stop trashing others who have a viewpoint unlike your own for the duration, you might find out a thing or two about human health. I recommend such a behavior when you likely are among giants among healers.

*sigh* Best of luck developing a new approach to learning something from other posters once you stop painting mustaches on their avatars. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  5. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Obviously you're not one to actually READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY an ENTIRE THREAD before you take sides. A pity....you make sigh and eye roll to your hearts content, but like your heroes, you cannnot disprove the information I put forth or deny/dismiss the conclusion drawn from them.

Here's something YOU might read, but your idiot compadre geauxtohell won't, although when he tells people what to read, and then ignores contrary information to that suggestion:

HAART is the therapy, composed of multiple anti-HIV drugs, that is prescribed to many HIV-positive people, even before they develop symptoms of AIDS (and without considering that many will never develop these symptoms).

http://www.garynull.com/home/concerns-about-haart-highly-active-anti-retroviral-therapy.html

Carry on.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  6. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Gary Null?

Nice to see you are still bringing it with the expert panel.

Of course you start HAART before a person gets AIDS. That's the point. You are trying to keep their CD4 count above 200 before they start getting opportunistic infections. You and I don't have to worry about CMV. A person with a CD4 count of 50 does.

As for Null:

Supplements guru sues over his own product | Booster Shots | Los Angeles Times

Ironic that when he poisoned himself with Vitamin D (very hard to do, BTW), he didn't rely on "alternative" medicine to treat his acute renal failure.

Further ironic that the spokesman for natural and holistic health feel victim to the major problem with "alternative medicine". Completely unregulated products and healers who have convinced people that they know what the hell they are talking about. One of the most sad cases I saw was of a young woman who had a tumor in the back of her neck. Instead of Chemo and radiation, she went to a "Naturalistic Doctor" for a year.

She came back when the cancer had almost occluded her throat. Of course, the "Naturalistic Doctor" should be stripped of his license and sued. Except he doesn't have to have a license or carry malpractice.

As for Null's credentials:

A Critical Look at Gary Null's Activities and Credentials

7. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    This is too good to pass up.

Geauxtohell has admitted he has not and WILL NOT read information regarding Deusberg...in fact, HE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF DEUSBERG'S CREDENTIALS PRIOR TO MY SCHOOLING HIM.

Geauxtohell has REPEATEDLY ingnored the information I've provided that has documented facts that contradict the conclusions of his sourced material.

And now, to try and discredit my response to another poster with an article that when read, merely points out that Gary Null is VERY diligent about quality control of his products. Only a pure idiot would try and mock someone for doing albeit a better job than some of the FDA inspectors.

And then the topper is the OFFICIAL source that Geauxtohell uses to try and discredit Gary Null. Check this out, folks:

Failed MD Stephen Barrett

Who is Stephen Barrett?

And then there was this little gem

Dr. Stephen Barrett of Quackwatch Exposed In Court Cases, critic of lyme disease doctors and diagnosis

And remember folks, Geauxtohell has stated SEVERAL times that Everything I've posted here is NOT worth contemplation and that he could care less. YET HE RESPONDS AGAIN AND AGAIN EVEN WHEN NOT DIRECTLY ADDRESSED.

In short, Geauxtohell is just some clown with delusions of intelligence, but who has displayed NOTHING but intellectual dishonesty and willful ignorance. He's a crank with an axe to grind....and having exposed him for that, I have NO reason to continue repeating the same dance steps. Into the dumpster with him.

8. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Oh yeah. Gary Null is so dedicated to "quality control" that he's willing to poison himself.

What kind of fantasy world to you live in where Null can be poisoned by his own "alternative medicine" quackery and claim it was in the name of "quality control"?

Why didn't he rely on alternative medicine to cure his acute renal failure?

I mean, if western medicine is such a bad thing, why did he run to it as soon as he started to die?

Nice. A hack piece on Barrett by the very people he discredits.

A Response to Tim Bolen

This is obviously not news to Barrett who noted that Bolen tried to claim that his retirement was due to some sort of sanction (it was not). At any rate, the rest of the smears are addressed at the link.

Funny how you goofs think medicine is like a message board where the person who attacks hardest wins. It is not. Real medicine takes time and effort (and not just a bunch of cranks and their gullible apostles insisting that they are correct).

At least Duesberg was a legit Ph.D. with some bona fides.

He's just wrong about HIV. That makes him a hack. Well, technically, he's not a hack because he's not a physician that actually treats patients, but I digress.

Anyways, he's wrong about HIV. That's not my opinion. It's scientific consensus.

Here is some peer reviewed work on Duesberg's (at best) hypothesis.

Genetica, Volume 104, Number 2 - SpringerLink
    Does drug use cause AIDS? [Nature. 1993] - PubMed - NCBI

Oh, and...

Barrett does a better job then I can:

Foreword to "Denying AIDS: Conspiracy Theories, Psychoscience, and Human Tragedy"

So again, cry all you want, it's not going to change a damned thing.

9. Magnus1

Magnus1 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    These days life is very tough and this is the thing that we should use the good tips and techniques to live the life and also support them financially.

10. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    the AIDS epidemic reminds me so much of the issue of gonorrhea and syphilis during the world wars. it was just as scary. check this out...

"Venereal diseases were the cause of much debility and loss of manpower during WW1 (as they were in WW2). Salvarsan had been discovered in 1906 and was available for treatment of syphilis, although the older methods of treatment with mercury were still prescribed. Gonorrhoea was mainly treated by urethral washouts using medicated fluids, a treatment that was much detested and feared by the men, but was to continue until the use of Penicillin during the second world war."