World 5 American Soldiers Killed in Iraq, U.S. Officials Say Read more: h

Actually, I've noticed that they still continue....just the other day over 100 anti-war protesters were arrested by the WH....all I had to do was google "current anti-war protests".

Of course there are still anti-war protestors and god bless them. (I'm one.) But they've dropped off considerably. Here's more info:

Attendance At Anti-War Protests Drops Off After Obama Elected | TrueblueNZ

BTW, I'm going to politicize this. This war is just stupid and I put the blame solely on the politicians.

I agree with you.

hell-freezes-over-350.jpg

:lol:

wonder why you had to google it? if President Bush was still in office it'd be plastered all over MSNBC and the NYT.. no googling necessary.

Probably because people like you aren't starting ten million threads about how unamerican the protesters are like you used to when Bush was president.

you must be one of those cockroaches under the baseboards.

From the standpoint of your view of the world...that is high praise.

Didn't we leave Iraq? Why are U.S. Soldiers still being killed over there? Do you want me to give you the answer to these questions?...The answer is it's because we're never leaving Iraq. That propaganda was only for the silly sheep to digest. We will have American Military Bases in Iraq for the foreseeable future. The same goes for Afghanistan. We are not leaving. Just another Election-ploy for Dumbed-Down America.

Should be 0 soldiers in Iraq and everywhere else! We have no business overseas at all! It boggles my mind to realize politicians are dumb enough to not realize that all they keep doing is making things worse here at home while they are out attacking more countries that we have no business attacking. If they spent half that time working on things at home we might be a better country.

Didn't we leave Iraq? Why are U.S. Soldiers still being killed over there? Do you want me to give you the answer to these questions?...The answer is it's because we're never leaving Iraq. That propaganda was only for the silly sheep to digest. We will have American Military Bases in Iraq for the foreseeable future. The same goes for Afghanistan. We are not leaving. Just another Election-ploy for Dumbed-Down America.

Perfectly stated, that's why I always repeat one of the rare instances of honesty I heard on the campaign trail was when McCain said we'd be there for 100 years.

And of course since it was the most honest, it was the main thing apologized for/deflected from/backed away from etc.

We spent 1 billion dollars on a new American Embassy in Iraq, I can't picture us just packing up and leaving all that behind for the Iraqis to blow up and burn.

Perfectly stated, that's why I always repeat one of the rare instances of honesty I heard on the campaign trail was when McCain said we'd be there for 100 years.

And of course since it was the most honest, it was the main thing apologized for/deflected from/backed away from etc.

Bingo! You nailed it. We're not leaving Iraq or Afghanistan anytime in the foreseeable future. They just pushed that propaganda for the Dummies who'll believe anything. Have we left South Korea or Japan yet?

We spent 1 billion dollars on a new American Embassy in Iraq, I can't picture us just packing up and leaving all that behind for the Iraqis to blow up and burn.

So we have to leave American soldiers over their to be blown to smithereeens cause we invested a billion dollars? That sucks donut?

Great point. We will have Bases there for a very long time. The same goes for Afghanistan and possibly Libya.

So we have to leave American soldiers over their to be blown to smithereeens cause we invested a billion dollars? That sucks donut?

Not saying I agree with it but we didn't invest all this money over there for nothing, I don't see us just leaving all this stuff to the Iraqis.

Yep sucks ass, good american soldiers killed because of the warmongering/nationbuilding demands of slimeball american bureacrats.

Great point. We will have Bases there for a very long time. The same goes for Afghanistan and possibly Libya.

Yes and our Troop presence there will be smaller although in the long term this puts our troops in greater risk, like what happened the other day. This isn't exactly Germany or South Korea where our troops are generally safe and can go out and mingle with the locals. Alot of Iraqis and Afghans despise us and would like nothing better than to kill an American.

Yes and our Troop presence there will be smaller although in the long term this puts our troops in greater risk, like what happened the other day. This isn't exactly Germany or South Korea where our troops are generally safe and can go out and mingle with the locals. Alot of Iraqis and Afghans despise us and would like nothing better than to kill an American.

Yea it's very sad. Expect more attacks like this in the future.

Yea it's very sad. Expect more attacks like this in the future.

Yup their just going to get more and more bold as our troop presence in Iraq and Afghanistan continues to decrease, we no longer have to means to carry out mass attacks against insurgents in Iraq even if we wanted to.

Bingo! You nailed it. We're not leaving Iraq or Afghanistan anytime in the foreseeable future. They just pushed that propaganda for the Dummies who'll believe anything. Have we left South Korea or Japan yet?

Well the Koreans and Japanese aren't lobbing rockets at our troops either, I would rather have our guys in South Korea or Japan over Iraq or Afghanistan any day.

Well the Koreans and Japanese aren't lobbing rockets at our troops either, I would rather have our guys in South Korea or Japan over Iraq or Afghanistan any day.

Gotta agree with ya there.

Must we politicize their deaths to score points? Really? Could we not be better than that?
Getting our troops out of there calls for political action, so these five deaths is indeed a political issue. Being "better" by failing to acknowledge that is counterproductive to the purpose of pressing for total withdrawal.

If Obama cannot keep his promise of total withdrawal he needs to tell us why. If his action in Libya is in America's best interests he needs to tell us why. His failure to do so is displaying a Bush-like arrogance.

Forum List

Back