World 15 Most Dangerous Countries - 11 are MUSLIM

Lebanons Christians are marginalized and fleeing everyday, freakin Hezbollah is the strongest armed force in the country even ahead of the Lebanese Military, you are damn skippy Lebanon is a Muslim country.

No, it really isn't. Michel Suleiman is a Maronite. Drinking and debauchery is quite common in Beirut. It's a divided nation. Muslims have more power than Christians, but not in any decisive way. Hizb'allah has more power than the 27% (about) of the population that is Shi'a, but it doesn't control Lebanon. It can only undermine it. It's not a Christian nation; it's a divided nation.

Also, this is interesting:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krZIcsRiynM&feature=related]No Reservations - Special - Anthony Bourdain in Beirut (1/3) - YouTube[/ame]

It's Anthony Bourdain (No Reservations) when he went to Beirut in 2006.

Drinking and fornicating are common in Jordan, Syria and the UAE and they are Muslim countries as well. As more and more Christians flee and Hezbollah gains more and more leverage, you will see things like drinking being outlawed and the Hezbollah goons will shut down the night clubs.

The World's Most Dangerous Countries- Slide 1 - Slideshows | Travel + Leisure

The 11 muslim countries on the list:
Pakistan, Sudan, Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Algeria, Afghanistan, Eritrea & Uzbekistan!!!

Yep Islam is the religion of peace! :eusa_eh:

Note that Sudan is only officially Islamic in the North, Lebanon has freedom of religion, Eritrea has 4 recoginized religions: Islam, Lutheran, Orthodox, and Roman Catholic and harrasses anyone else, and Uzbekistan is secular and stopped letting the US have bases in Uzbekistan because we complained they were too harsh on (Muslim) terrorists.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Muslims aren't allowed to drink in the UAE, only foreigners and they need a permit to do so (and can only buy in limited quantities).

Syria is like Turkey in that it's a Muslim country with a secular government. Lebanon's government is by definition not secular because it's a confessional government. Christians, Sunnis and Shi'a have power. Also, my point was not just that there is drinking and that it's a big part of the culture, but that there is drinking and a large Christian population. The others can't say that.

Anyway, we're really splitting hairs. Right now, the primary reason Lebanon is dangerous is from the Muslim Hizb'allah. In the late '70s, it was form the Maronites.

Islam is one of the three great evils in the world.

Along with the Catholic Church and the Republican Party.
Yet it is always the liberals pushing the Muslim agenda in America.

Liberals support the rights of Muslims to freely practice religion. Is that what you call "pushing the Muslim agenda in America"? :cuckoo:

It is liberals that want to see more Mosques being built

It's called freedom of religion. Look it up.
Try to convince Muslims of freedom of religion.

Nice deflection. You were referring to American liberals supporting the building of mosques by Muslims. Muslims get it. They come to America expecting to be able to freely practice their religion, and what they get is a bunch of far-right assholes who don't seem to know the difference between a Muslim and a terrorist. It's not Muslims who need to be convinced of the concept of religious freedom; it's conservative bigots like yourself.

Beirut was named the top place to visit in 2009 by The New York Times.[4] It was also listed as one of the ten liveliest cities in the world by Lonely Planet in 2009.[5]
In 2011, MasterCard Index revealed that Beirut has the second highest visiting spending levels in the Middle East and Africa.

Beirut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lebanon isn't entirely a Christian nation. It's a shame it's in its cyclical shithole years. I always wanted to visit the Paris of the middle east.

Lebanon used to have a Christian majority in the 1940s. Take only a few generations and the Christian majority is a 15% (low end) - 25% (high end) minority that is still rapidly shrinking!

Even up till the 60's, I think.

Then Lebanon allowed the Palestianian refugees to come into the nation and its been pretty much downhill ever since.

Its a damned shame.

Lebanon isn't entirely a Christian nation. It's a shame it's in its cyclical shithole years. I always wanted to visit the Paris of the middle east.

Lebanon used to have a Christian majority in the 1940s. Take only a few generations and the Christian majority is a 15% (low end) - 25% (high end) minority that is still rapidly shrinking!

Even up till the 60's, I think.

Then Lebanon allowed the Palestianian refugees to come into the nation and its been pretty much downhill ever since.

Its a damned shame.

What happened to Lebanon is really a lesson for us all, you have to be very, very careful who you let in your country.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Muslims aren't allowed to drink in the UAE, only foreigners and they need a permit to do so (and can only buy in limited quantities).

Syria is like Turkey in that it's a Muslim country with a secular government. Lebanon's government is by definition not secular because it's a confessional government. Christians, Sunnis and Shi'a have power. Also, my point was not just that there is drinking and that it's a big part of the culture, but that there is drinking and a large Christian population. The others can't say that.

Anyway, we're really splitting hairs. Right now, the primary reason Lebanon is dangerous is from the Muslim Hizb'allah. In the late '70s, it was form the Maronites.

Only restaurants located in hotels are allowed to serve alcohol. Therefore, all nightlife is associated with hotels. The drinking age is 21, but most places don't care. Unlike some other Middle Eastern nations, the bars in Abu Dhabi will be able to accommodate most drink orders.

Technically, you are supposed to purchase a permit to buy alcohol for private storage, although Spinney's and other liquor stores usually take proof that you aren't a local Muslim (a military ID or driver's license.)

It appears that Muslims can buy drinks at a bar or night club, but only expats can buy liquor for private storage? wierd.

Abu Dhabi travel guide - Wikitravel

The World's Most Dangerous Countries- Slide 1 - Slideshows | Travel + Leisure

The 11 muslim countries on the list:
Pakistan, Sudan, Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Algeria, Afghanistan, Eritrea & Uzbekistan!!!

Yep Islam is the religion of peace! :eusa_eh:

So, who annointed you Queen of worthless information clogging up space on a POLITICS board?

Ha worthless information...Deny all you want, the correlation between murder and islam, but it does exsist.

I know which country has the greatest prison population per capita

In some parts of the world wearing a burka is not part of freedom

You said "be able" not "require." If you don't understand the difference between doing something you want versus being forced to do something, then I don't think you should wade into discussions of freedom.

Forum List

Back