Working with Anger and Hatred

Here's how I'm working with my anger and hatred now. I'm just sitting with it. I'm befriending it. I'm offering it warmth and interested curiosity.

Last edited:
I hear you. I can't say my hatred looks much like wisdom. There's a reason all the Christians on this message board hate me. I HATE ALL OF THEM!

I TRY to reserve my hatred for individuals for the most part, or for groups that have truly shown me that the vast majority of the group has nothing to offer, rather than just its fringe elements.

To that end I have an amount of hatred for the Christian GOD, but not so much for those who chose to follow Him.

I don't hate God. I don't hate Jesus. I hate what his followers do in his name.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Anger is difficult to deal with. I never really thought I was a very angry person. But the fact is I'm incredible angry alot of the time. I just have a tendency to focus it inward... needless to say that doesn't work well. Especially when it just bubbles up so much that I just explode.

Needless to say I need to figure out a new way to deal with it. I'm working on it. What I have noticed though is when I live the Gospel and actively try to keep the commandments more in my life, I have the Spirit with me more and I feel much better.

Unfortunately, life is full of ups and downs. And while I have my beliefs, and I've seen miracles, I am not good at being disciplined.

Life is complicated sometimes.

Sky,

I have known you a very short time, but I picked up on your hatred for Christianity very early on. I think admitting it to yourself is a very big step, and I think it is good for your own personal growth that you declare and accept it.

I have known anachronism even shorter than I have known you.

You both should look into the psychological and sociological concept of projection. Both of you are textbook cases, IMO. Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I honestly cannot count the number of people I have watched both of you attack and toss aside, simply because you appear to want/need them to embody some or all of the things you hate, whether they actually do or not.

Both of you exhibit classic behaviors of projection. I do not intend this as an insult, but an observation. You discovered that you hate Christianity, and I encourage you to now look into why that is so. I believe you're going to have to strip away the projection of your hatred before you can accurately deal with why your hatred exists.

Here's how I'm working with my anger and hatred now. I'm just sitting with it. I'm befriending it. I'm offering it warmth and interested curiosity.

Just be careful. It can become a very addictive friend and that isn't always the best thing.

[Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Okay, Yoday. For some of us, so long as it's the other person suffering that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Dark Side isn't necessarily Stronger, but it is Easier; and I for one have little interest in wasting my time and energy trying to be the "better" person.

Anger is difficult to deal with. I never really thought I was a very angry person. But the fact is I'm incredible angry alot of the time. I just have a tendency to focus it inward... needless to say that doesn't work well. Especially when it just bubbles up so much that I just explode.

Needless to say I need to figure out a new way to deal with it. I'm working on it. What I have noticed though is when I live the Gospel and actively try to keep the commandments more in my life, I have the Spirit with me more and I feel much better.

Unfortunately, life is full of ups and downs. And while I have my beliefs, and I've seen miracles, I am not good at being disciplined.

Life is complicated sometimes.

That's something I've been doing as well, Avatar. I find that time at the gym has really helped me to decrease that internal stress/anger level when done on a regular basis. I have a couple other activities that I use to reduce it also, but they don't work quite as well as the gym.

Sky,

I have known you a very short time, but I picked up on your hatred for Christianity very early on. I think admitting it to yourself is a very big step, and I think it is good for your own personal growth that you declare and accept it.

I have known anachronism even shorter than I have known you.

You both should look into the psychological and sociological concept of projection. Both of you are textbook cases, IMO. Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I honestly cannot count the number of people I have watched both of you attack and toss aside, simply because you appear to want/need them to embody some or all of the things you hate, whether they actually do or not.

Both of you exhibit classic behaviors of projection. I do not intend this as an insult, but an observation. You discovered that you hate Christianity, and I encourage you to now look into why that is so. I believe you're going to have to strip away the projection of your hatred before you can accurately deal with why your hatred exists.

I am committed to befriending my hatred and allowing it to dissolve on its own. I am committed to staying off any Christian threads, to not starting any and to avoiding conversations with Christians about their beiefs.

Projection works both ways. Just as Christians can benefit me by pushing my buttons and making me examine why they annoy me, anger me, or cause me to hate them, others can look at why they can't handle being insulted by me, why I annoy them, anger them or cause them to feel hate toward me.

We can help each other develop more patience and tolerance.

That said, I resign discussing Christians. I resign discussing abortion. I resign discussing marriage equality laws.

Take care,

Sky

Last edited:

Forum List

Back