Working on Thanksgiving?

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
I suppose, the well off should be able to shop 24-7. Watching Fox and listening to them joking around at how Americans should be jumping to work for these retailers especially OWS protesters. Showing again that FOX and conservatives have no respect for anyone who works for these companies, and that they believe that the workers of these stores should be happy to serve them.

The attitude makes me sick. I can't believe sometimes that I fought to give them the right to treat their fellow Americans like dog shit.

I always taught my son that people who work deserve your respect no matter what job they are doing.

He to this day treats the guy at the in and out with the same "thank you sir" that he uses with the Banker.

This country used to value honest work.

today too many instead only honor bank account size.

I had the privilege of working on Thanksgiving for many years. It was something that came with the turf and the paycheck. It wasn't pleasant, it didn't make for an enjoyable holiday, but you did it. On the plus side, no one shot at you that day, but there was always that chance.

I suppose, the well off should be able to shop 24-7. Watching Fox and listening to them joking around at how Americans should be jumping to work for these retailers especially OWS protesters. Showing again that FOX and conservatives have no respect for anyone who works for these companies, and that they believe that the workers of these stores should be happy to serve them.

The attitude makes me sick. I can't believe sometimes that I fought to give them the right to treat their fellow Americans like dog shit.

Why would OWS protesters work on Thanksgiving, they don't work any other day? Oh maybe they will stop committing crimes and shitting in the street for the day?

As a nurse, I worked a lot of holidays before I 'arrived' at a place in my career that no longer requires it. When I had children at home, I often volunteered to work on those days because double time pay is better than straight pay, and my family needed the money. We just had our holiday on a different calendar. But we still had it.

This thread proves there is no shortage of crap that people will latch onto in order to be some kind of victim.

Forum List

Back