Working in Retirement

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
2014-06-05-Figure2.1-thumb.JPG

This fits me to a tee. I don't spend hours on the internet and writing my novel just to make money but the number one reason – to stay mentally active. Read more @ Why Work In Retirement? The Four Types Of Working Retirees*|*Ken Dychtwald Ph.D. [and, of course, some money wouldn't be bad at all!]

2014-06-05-Figure2.1-thumb.JPG

This fits me to a tee. I don't spend hours on the internet and writing my novel just to make money but the number one reason – to stay mentally active. Read more @ Why Work In Retirement? The Four Types Of Working Retirees*|*Ken Dychtwald Ph.D. [and, of course, some money wouldn't be bad at all!]

Work and exercise are two components to a long and healthy life for most people. They each cause a reaction that keeps a person looking at life with a positive attitude, in my opinion. It has been noted the happiest group of people are those who work for compensation and the second happiest group of people are those who volunteer. Imagine the good nature of those who do both...

Lousy choices, lousy life. :thup:

During my 37 years working full time and two/three jobs, I always dreamed of being retired, after 1 year of it I was going mad with boredom, so I am now going to go back to work on Monday. It only pays 200 bucks a day....

Congrats Moonglow, on your job. That's very cool. What are you going to be doing?

I've worked since I was 13 and supported myself since I was abandoned at 16. I really cannot imagine not working at something. Being retired, I can do anything I want, anything I believe or hope can generate income. Besides taking a header down cobblestone steps, our trip was successful in that we sold every piece we took with us and got orders for more.

Now it's back to the grindstone with our Amazon and ebay businesses. Boring but profitable.

There's no way to know if your investments are enough. That's really the bottom line.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Congrats Moonglow, on your job. That's very cool. What are you going to be doing?

I've worked since I was 13 and supported myself since I was abandoned at 16. I really cannot imagine not working at something. Being retired, I can do anything I want, anything I believe or hope can generate income. Besides taking a header down cobblestone steps, our trip was successful in that we sold every piece we took with us and got orders for more.

Now it's back to the grindstone with our Amazon and ebay businesses. Boring but profitable.

There's no way to know if your investments are enough. That's really the bottom line.

Working on a large swimming pool laying pavers and tile..

What do you sell on eBay and Amazon?

What do you sell on eBay and Amazon?

Anything I can make a profit on but mostly books.

Its an easy gig and, if you're careful, its very profitable.

Forum List

Back