Working For Welfare

When I used to be on welfare, one of the punishments they would give out was to have people work for welfare. I did. It is far easier to do if you have a car for transportation, I assure you. But if you could afford to own a car, you wouldn't be on welfare. Another thing I can assure you of is that welfare only gave you the bare minimum to survive on. But despite that, you had to stretch your meager resources by working to do things like clean more often and make lunches. And then, the work that I did was work that the city was already paying employees good money to do. Having welfare people work at one place gave many of the city employees making a good salary the opportunity to earn it by sitting around and play cards.

There were all sorts of horror stories I could tell you about my experiences on welfare. If the government cut out all of the bullshit bureaucracy involved in paying people good salaries to force welfare people off welfare, they probably could have saved half the cost of the program right there. I may not be on welfare anymore. But I sure feel sorry for those who should be. Because I was there.

when Clinton ended welfare and turned it into workfare fully half decided they no longer needed welfare.

Forum List

Back