Working class favor GOP by 58%

We don't have a 'working', 'middle' or any other 'class'. We were founded as a free people where anyone can succeed. There should be no 'class' divides.... these are labels, created by politicians, to keep people focused on each other rather than on the politicians.

We don't have a 'working', 'middle' or any other 'class'. We were founded as a free people where anyone can succeed. There should be no 'class' divides.... these are labels, created by politicians, to keep people focused on each other rather than on the politicians.

Unfortunately, we do have classes now:

The private sector class that pays the taxes vs. the public sector/Big Government class that consumes our taxes.

Poll echoes 1994 swing toward GOP - Spokesman.com - Oct. 7, 2010

What exactly do they expect will happen in the immediate future which will benefit their "working class" lives?

I'm geniunely puzzled.

Maggie, I think that 'working' is a key word. Many union people are well aware their union leadership and the DNC work hand-in-glove and not necessarily for the benefit of the workers who are forced to give them dues spent on political efforts. They are being let go, with far fewer skills than many, they don't want handouts, but they do want to work.

They are fitting into the tea parties very nicely. Right now they'll go along with GOP, but come January and 2011, if the GOP behaves as they have, (and really, who expects that leopard to change his spots?), all bets are off. I don't think that either of the two parties elites are going to be feeling well in the next few years.

What exactly do they expect will happen in the immediate future which will benefit their "working class" lives?

I'm geniunely puzzled.

I read "working class" to mean mainstream ppl who are working and those folks who are being taxed to death by a government who is against "private sector" enterprise, and who would soon have them dependent on a Nanny State, that Obama would throne. Then....Greece.

I'm geniunely puzzled.

With repubs taking the house, you will see an immediate improvement in business and consumer confidence.

In other words democrats will no longer be able to make back room deals, limit debate and bribe members.

Oh I see. So Republicans have never been guilty of that. Got it. :eusa_whistle:

As far as businesses that have been sitting on their cash waiting for Democrats to get kicked out so that their taxes will remain the same, how wonderful that they will prove what I've been saying all along: The corporations run this country; not the people. They will open up a few jobs, then be right back where they were mid-2000's trying to cut wages and benefits. Watch it happen.

I'm geniunely puzzled.

With repubs taking the house, you will see an immediate improvement in business and consumer confidence.

In other words democrats will no longer be able to make back room deals, limit debate and bribe members.

True, then the republicans will do it.

The ideology always sounds so sweet. But when the reality is that the top earning class (20%, or those earning more than $100,000 annually) received 49.4% of all income generated in the US in 2009, while the 14.3% of Americans living below the poverty line received 3.4% of income, how it SHOULD work kinda goes down the toilet.

According to the Census Bureau, the disparity between those at the top and those in poverty is the wideset recorded since the Bureau started tracking household income in 1967. How else would you define that other than "class warfare"??

Ironically, it's the middle class that takes the biggest hit because they are rarely afforded the same government benefits as those meeting the poverty level, yet they can't begin to compete with regard to the struggle to spread their incomes among the very same necessities that the wealthy can. The upper wage earners are given every tax break and/or subsidy to advance their own bottom lines even more.

I'm geniunely puzzled.

True, then the republicans will do it.

I agree, but not to the degree.

The ideology always sounds so sweet. But when the reality is that the top earning class (20%, or those earning more than $100,000 annually) received 49.4% of all income generated in the US in 2009, while the 14.3% of Americans living below the poverty line received 3.4% of income, how it SHOULD work kinda goes down the toilet.

According to the Census Bureau, the disparity between those at the top and those in poverty is the wideset recorded since the Bureau started tracking household income in 1967. How else would you define that other than "class warfare"??

Ironically, it's the middle class that takes the biggest hit because they are rarely afforded the same government benefits as those meeting the poverty level, yet they can't begin to compete with regard to the struggle to spread their incomes among the very same necessities that the wealthy can. The upper wage earners are given every tax break and/or subsidy to advance their own bottom lines even more.

But it's not government's job to knock those high earners down, nor to bring you up.. each citizen has the freedom to do as they choose with their abilities, opportunities, education, etc... and you have the freedom to succeed or fail with that...

And eliminate all tax breaks.... of course in combination with eliminating the bullshit where ~50% do not pay any income taxes at all

Unfortunately, we do have classes now:

The private sector class that pays the taxes vs. the public sector/Big Government class that consumes our taxes.

The number of people reporting incomes of $200,000 or more but legally paying no federal income taxes skyrocketed in the second Bush term. A decade ago it was fewer than 1,500 taxpayers; in 2000 it was about 2,300. This high-income, tax-free group jumped to more than 11,000 in 2007 and then doubled in 2008 to more than 22,000.

In 2008 nearly 1 in every 200 high-income taxpayers paid no federal income tax, up from about 1 in 1,500 in 1998.

Tax Stats at a Glance

I'm geniunely puzzled.

Maggie, I think that 'working' is a key word. Many union people are well aware their union leadership and the DNC work hand-in-glove and not necessarily for the benefit of the workers who are forced to give them dues spent on political efforts. They are being let go, with far fewer skills than many, they don't want handouts, but they do want to work.

They are fitting into the tea parties very nicely. Right now they'll go along with GOP, but come January and 2011, if the GOP behaves as they have, (and really, who expects that leopard to change his spots?), all bets are off. I don't think that either of the two parties elites are going to be feeling well in the next few years.

Best answer so far. Thanks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back