Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low

Between 1983 and 2004 only 10% of all wealth gains went to the bottom 80%. D'Ambrosio & Wolff--Recent Trends in Household Wealth. Does this statement seem right based on your personal life? Can we have a middle class with this kind of trend? An interesting book is"Winner Take All Politics..." by Hacker & Pierson.

Like it or not, we need a gov't to make the rules and hopefully to enforce a level playing field. Money for Wall Street and the bills for Main Street and forclosures for Elm Street does not seem very level to me.

So what would you do to enforce a level playing field?

Screw over bondholders and give GM billions of dollars in gifts apparently.

Between 1983 and 2004 only 10% of all wealth gains went to the bottom 80%. D'Ambrosio & Wolff--Recent Trends in Household Wealth. Does this statement seem right based on your personal life? Can we have a middle class with this kind of trend? An interesting book is"Winner Take All Politics..." by Hacker & Pierson.

Like it or not, we need a gov't to make the rules and hopefully to enforce a level playing field. Money for Wall Street and the bills for Main Street and forclosures for Elm Street does not seem very level to me.

So what would you do to enforce a level playing field?

This is a serious question that deserves an answer. How are you going to "enforce a level playing field" without driving investors and entrepeneurs overseas?

...Money for Wall Street and the bills for Main Street and forclosures for Elm Street does not seem very level to me.
Let's sort this out.

You're complaining somehow about the fact that we live on Elm Street, and we run the businesses on Main Street that we worked out financing on Wall Street. Now, we've understood from the beginning that if we screw up we get foreclosed, but we're good with that and you're complaining for some reason.

Hey, if you got a better idea tell us. Until then we've got businesses to run.

I heard lots of talk about main street vs Wall street.

Well how many of us live on either one of those streets?

I heard lots of talk about main street vs Wall street. Well how many of us live on either one of those streets?
--and every time I hear someone wanting to put Wall Street in jail because of what Main Street says I decide I'm listening to someone who needs to soak his head in ice-water...

Forum List

Back