Workers need free choice act

what that tells me is that 5 of the guys that signed the card did so either because they were intimidated into it, or they just wanted to have the vote

a) where's the evidence that a crime was committed?

b) you don't sign a card check if you don't want a union
which contradicts what you previously posted, if you wanted a union, you would have voted for it
since at least 5 that signed the card voted against the union, that says one of two things had to have happened
either they were intimidated into signing by peer pressure(not a crime, moron) or they just wanted everyone to have the vote

what that tells me is that 5 of the guys that signed the card did so either because they were intimidated into it, or they just wanted to have the vote

which contradicts what you previously posted, if you wanted a union, you would have voted for it
since at least 5 that signed the card voted against the union, that says one of two things had to have happened
either they were intimidated into signing by peer pressure(not a crime, moron) or they just wanted everyone to have the vote

a) It amazes me that its completely inconceivable to you that Wal Mart would tell them they will close down the department if they unionize. Are you retarded or something?

b) you don't sign a card check unless you want a union. We've been over this before.

a) It amazes me that its completely inconceivable to you that Wal Mart would tell them they will close down the department if they unionize. Are you retarded or something?

b) you don't sign a card check unless you want a union. We've been over this before.
ok asshole, where is your proof that anything of the sort happened

you're a fucking IDIOT

you're a fucking IDIOT

You know what I love about this topic? This is one topic where you can't suggest Democrats are just as bad as Republicans.

Unless of course you want to argue with Labor. They endorse Obama & the Democrats and they do not endorse the GOP.

So don't tell me that the last 8 years wasn't about class warfare. I listened to the labor group putting out a commercial on this and they sounded just like me when they said that the GOP fucked over labor the last 8 years. So it wasn't just me who thought they did? Excellent.

And the GOP/Corporations/Media have lied and/or tried to ignore this issue.

Proponents of the Employee Free Choice Act received a big boost Tuesday morning with the publication of an independent poll showing majority support both for the legislation and the greater concept of increased unionization.

Gallup Surveys released a study on Tuesday finding that 53 percent of respondents favored a new law that would "make it easier for labor unions to organize workers." Only 39 percent of respondents opposed such a law.

Employee Free Choice Poll Gives Labor Backers Big Boost

you're a fucking IDIOT

You know what I love about this topic? This is one topic where you can't suggest Democrats are just as bad as Republicans.

Unless of course you want to argue with Labor. They endorse Obama & the Democrats and they do not endorse the GOP.

So don't tell me that the last 8 years wasn't about class warfare. I listened to the labor group putting out a commercial on this and they sounded just like me when they said that the GOP fucked over labor the last 8 years. So it wasn't just me who thought they did? Excellent.

Proponents of the Employee Free Choice Act received a big boost Tuesday morning with the publication of an independent poll showing majority support both for the legislation and the greater concept of increased unionization.

Gallup Surveys released a study on Tuesday finding that 53 percent of respondents favored a new law that would "make it easier for labor unions to organize workers." Only 39 percent of respondents opposed such a law.

thanks for showing yet again what a moron you are

:lol: puffington post :lol:

Some freedom of choice.

Imagine 5 or 6 leather jacketed thugs carrying axe handles corner you in the men's room and tell you that you want to join the union.... the or else is understood of course.

That doesn't happen, those are just old folk tales.....:rolleyes:

B______S!!!!!!!! Those things do happen, I've seen it! Those people visit your homes. Our family car was torched by those people, because my father refused to join because he'd rather work for the owner of a company rather than some fat-ass thug who does nothing but procure favors from lackies who surround him like chicks to a mother hen. Managers of most companies do have to answer to someone above them. It's usually the owner, the bank, stock holders, insurance holders, bond holders, Federal, state, and local government, etc. but nearly always someone. Unions answer to no one. The problem with most workers who think unions are going to do something for them is that they are too lazy to take the time to understand the full picture of how and why they have their job in the first place. If they understood where their job comes from and how it's maintained they could be part of the solution rather than a problem.
Japan's unions work just this way, and consequently, have some of the best benefits for their workers. American unions have, and still are, too corrupt to trust.

you're a fucking IDIOT

Argue the facts then little bitch.

Or, show me some other information proving them wrong.

Can't? Didn't think so. Have a nice weekend.

Sealy notes:

This is true.

This is one issue where the Dems shine.

Sadly since the Dems betrayed the working class with their idiotic version of FREE TRADE, it's too little too late.

Some freedom of choice.

Imagine 5 or 6 leather jacketed thugs carrying axe handles corner you in the men's room and tell you that you want to join the union.... the or else is understood of course.

That doesn't happen, those are just old folk tales.....:rolleyes:

B______S!!!!!!!! Those things do happen, I've seen it! Those people visit your homes. Our family car was torched by those people, because my father refused to join because he'd rather work for the owner of a company rather than some fat-ass thug who does nothing but procure favors from lackies who surround him like chicks to a mother hen. Managers of most companies do have to answer to someone above them. It's usually the owner, the bank, stock holders, insurance holders, bond holders, Federal, state, and local government, etc. but nearly always someone. Unions answer to no one. The problem with most workers who think unions are going to do something for them is that they are too lazy to take the time to understand the full picture of how and why they have their job in the first place. If they understood where their job comes from and how it's maintained they could be part of the solution rather than a problem.
Japan's unions work just this way, and consequently, have some of the best benefits for their workers. American unions have, and still are, too corrupt to trust.

We've had similar experiences!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) (H.R. 1409, S. 560) is pending legislation in the United States. Its text states that it would "amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish an easier system to enable employees to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to provide for mandatory injunctions for unfair labor practices during organizing efforts, and for other purposes."[1] The latest version was introduced into both chambers of the U.S. Congress on 10 March 2009.[2]

In order for a workplace to organize under current U.S. labor law, the card check process begins when an employee requests blank cards from an existing union, and requests signatures on the cards from his or her colleagues.[3] Once 30% of the work force in a particular workplace bargaining unit has signed the cards, the employer may decide to hold a secret ballot election on the question of unionization.[3] In practice, the results of the card check usually are not presented to the employer until 50 or 60% of bargaining-unit employees have signed the cards.[3] If the employer decides to demand an election, and the majority of votes in the election favor the union, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) will certify it as the exclusive representative of the employees of that particular bargaining unit for the purpose of collective bargaining.

If enacted, the EFCA would change the currently existing procedure to require the NLRB to certify the union as the bargaining representative without directing an election if a majority of employees signed cards.[1] The EFCA would take away employers' present right to decide whether to use only the card-check process or to hold a secret-ballot election among employees in a particular bargaining unit, and instead give the right to the employees to choose a secret-ballot election in cases where less than a majority of employees has chosen to unionize through card-check.[3][4] The proposed legislation would still require a secret-ballot election when at least 30% of employees petition for an election.[3][5]

The proposed legislation would also establish stricter penalties for employers who violate provisions of the NLRA when workers seek to form a union, and set in place new mediation and arbitration procedures for disputes.

Hey, if you folks on the right might remember, it wasn't the union who beat the shit out of people when unions were trying to get established. It was the business owners who hired the so called thugs. Even then there middle class dopes willing to do the dirty work for the rich.:cuckoo:

Argue the facts then little bitch.

Or, show me some other information proving them wrong.

Can't? Didn't think so. Have a nice weekend.
awe, i hurt bobo the morons wittle feewings

Sealy notes:

This is true.

This is one issue where the Dems shine.

Sadly since the Dems betrayed the working class with their idiotic version of FREE TRADE, it's too little too late.
yeah, its such a shining example to take away the peoples right to vote
:rolleyes:

you are just another partisan fucking MORON, like bobo

The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) (H.R. 1409, S. 560) is pending legislation in the United States. Its text states that it would "amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish an easier system to enable employees to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to provide for mandatory injunctions for unfair labor practices during organizing efforts, and for other purposes."[1] The latest version was introduced into both chambers of the U.S. Congress on 10 March 2009.[2]

In order for a workplace to organize under current U.S. labor law, the card check process begins when an employee requests blank cards from an existing union, and requests signatures on the cards from his or her colleagues.[3] Once 30% of the work force in a particular workplace bargaining unit has signed the cards, the employer may decide to hold a secret ballot election on the question of unionization.[3] In practice, the results of the card check usually are not presented to the employer until 50 or 60% of bargaining-unit employees have signed the cards.[3] If the employer decides to demand an election, and the majority of votes in the election favor the union, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) will certify it as the exclusive representative of the employees of that particular bargaining unit for the purpose of collective bargaining.

If enacted, the EFCA would change the currently existing procedure to require the NLRB to certify the union as the bargaining representative without directing an election if a majority of employees signed cards.[1] The EFCA would take away employers' present right to decide whether to use only the card-check process or to hold a secret-ballot election among employees in a particular bargaining unit, and instead give the right to the employees to choose a secret-ballot election in cases where less than a majority of employees has chosen to unionize through card-check.[3][4] The proposed legislation would still require a secret-ballot election when at least 30% of employees petition for an election.[3][5]

The proposed legislation would also establish stricter penalties for employers who violate provisions of the NLRA when workers seek to form a union, and set in place new mediation and arbitration procedures for disputes.

Hey, if you folks on the right might remember, it wasn't the union who beat the shit out of people when unions were trying to get established. It was the business owners who hired the so called thugs. Even then there middle class dopes willing to do the dirty work for the rich.:cuckoo:
yeah, sure thing ray
:rolleyes:
you must not have known anyone that was a truck driver then

The union pressure can be very tough too. My grandmother working all her life at the telephone company. She told stories if a co-worker did not want to join the union that a union member would purposely snap their hands with their cord in's as they were trying to answer a caller. Look at how Jimmy Hoffa ran his union.

Everyone deserves the right to a secret ballot. That should never be taken away. To add--look at what the union has done to the auto industry in this country. Unions can be good & they can be very bad.

Forum List

Back