Workable solutions re: feed the hungry

You had to buy your own aspirin? The horrors.
Actually – they cover that too as long as you are willing to wait to see the doctor and then wait in the pharmacy to pick them up. :eusa_whistle:

I remember being told about needing medical care on leave, and how I could file a claim to get reimbursed when I got back. I never needed it, I grew up next to an Army base with a full fledged hospital, so I can't say I paid attention, but I know it was available. I find it mind boggling that they wouldn't extend the same thing to recruiters simply because they were stationed somewhere without a real base.

Last edited:
Actually – they cover that too as long as you are willing to wait to see the doctor and then wait in the pharmacy to pick them up. :eusa_whistle:

I remember being told about needing medical care on leave, and how I could file a claim to get reimbursed when I got back. I never needed it, I grew up next to an Army base with a full fledged hospital, so I can't say I paid attention, but I know it was available. I find it mind boggling that they wouldn't extend the same thing to recruiters simply because they were stationed somewhere without a real base.

If you were stationed in Amarillo and could afford to take a day or two off to travel to Clovis (the nearest military base) they would evaluate you and see what kind of care you needed for free, but then refer you to a doctor in your area who could provide the care you needed in your local area.

Unfortunately, if you took the care from the doctor in your area, you had to pay a co-pay.

Same thing for dentists.

look at what you want
rice, carbohydrate,
beans, protean
pasta, carbohydrate
cheese, fat
milk, fat
flour, carbohydrate
veggies, carbohydrate, fats and protean depending what you get ... this is not always a good diet

What, other than your prejudice against protein. carbs, and fat, makes it a bad diet? There are billions of people right now that think cheese, milk, and veggies are luxury items.

the first point that I was making, was the first post that came from meathead ... he implied that they could get all they want ... meatheads phrase. not my phrase ... with his which was "as much as you want" my point there was to show where a resourceful poor person could go and get "as Much as they wanted" then sell it at the local farmers mart each and every Sunday ... this could cause tax burden on us all by our taxes going higher thats was my first intent ....

then the second poster said thought that I implied that fast foods were better ... I answered with the post you responded to ... again my intent wasn't to say these are horribly bad ... its was nothing more then to show you, you can get fat from these foods too... the ones that meathead posted ... I wasn't trying to be prejudice against protein, carbs, or fats ... just to point out they too can be unhealthy for you ... other then that, that was my intent... why you people on the right go off the deep end by assuming shit is beyond me ... all I was saying that these so called healthy foods can be costly too, especially if you say you can "buy as much as you want" ... that's all ...meadhead wasn't thinking about what he said, as much as he was thinking the poor people won't like the products, and he was going to force good health on them no matter what ... my answer wasn't about health it was about cost
In addition to functional illiteracy, you seem to be putting words in my mouth. I made no mention of food, or amount. You are taking the words and opinions of others and putting them in my mouth.

My only observation was a distinct inability to write coherently on your part and the likelihood of someone who posts such drivel has a problem with clarity of thought, which in your case is readily apparent.

Last edited:
What, other than your prejudice against protein. carbs, and fat, makes it a bad diet? There are billions of people right now that think cheese, milk, and veggies are luxury items.

the first point that I was making, was the first post that came from meathead ... he implied that they could get all they want ... meatheads phrase. not my phrase ... with his which was "as much as you want" my point there was to show where a resourceful poor person could go and get "as Much as they wanted" then sell it at the local farmers mart each and every Sunday ... this could cause tax burden on us all by our taxes going higher thats was my first intent ....

then the second poster said thought that I implied that fast foods were better ... I answered with the post you responded to ... again my intent wasn't to say these are horribly bad ... its was nothing more then to show you, you can get fat from these foods too... the ones that meathead posted ... I wasn't trying to be prejudice against protein, carbs, or fats ... just to point out they too can be unhealthy for you ... other then that, that was my intent... why you people on the right go off the deep end by assuming shit is beyond me ... all I was saying that these so called healthy foods can be costly too, especially if you say you can "buy as much as you want" ... that's all ...meadhead wasn't thinking about what he said, as much as he was thinking the poor people won't like the products, and he was going to force good health on them no matter what ... my answer wasn't about health it was about cost

All they want, or all they eat? Give me enough rice, beans, and flour, and I can make enough money to buy steaks.
Meatheads phrase not mine ... they could buy beer or pot or heron or crack or meth .... what ever they wanted ... meathead listed rice, beans, cheese milk and flour, then added have all they wanted ... so take it up with him, not me ... with meatheads Idea they could sell enough rice, beans, cheese milk and flour with the money from that they could buy pot or heron or crack or meth then sell that... then buy guns ... sell them to the cartel ... make even more money ... mean while getting more people on the bottom, the poor people to get as much as they want ... to make the circle go round all cause by meatheads cause to make them eat shit they don't like and let the get as much as they wanted ... get it!!!

I am unsurprised that you do not see the difference but there are many. Fraud would go down to almost nothing. Right now we have a governmental food program that does this very thing – identifies the foods that you should be eating and gives you that food – it’s called WIC. There is almost no room in that program for fraud other than falsifying your income level. Then there is the fundamental difference in what the program means to the end user. There is a large difference in the mentality of entitlement when you hand out food or cash. There is also another fundamental difference considering that you are actually providing the item that is NEEDED rather than giving someone cash and hoping that they purchase something healthy rather than energy drinks and candy. If you have ever worked in a place that took SNAP you would be unsettled by the amount of crap that it purchases versus the identified need: food. Lastly, as the point here has moved from the ‘hungry’ (an almost nonexistent section of people here in the land of plenty) into malnutrition it is clear that a large part of the problem is not access but rather piss poor decisions. You have a right to eat whatever you want and be malnourished but you certainly don’t have the right to require that I and others pay for that crap decision. If you want government handouts then you should get what the government has determined a need for. In this case, healthy and nutritious foods.

I would also state that the cost is rather irrelevant to me as long as the program itself is meeting proper and worthwhile goals. Now it creates dependency and entitlement without actually solving malnourishment. It is rife with fraud and corruption that can easily be reduced by large amounts. Even if the program costs MORE to deliver healthy foods to people that needed it I would not be bothered though I HIGHLY doubt that would be the end case. Those foods pointed out cost very little.

WIC is one sided its not for all ... you do realize there are people who are disabled who can't use this ....

as for fraud and abuse ... this is every where ... in the public sector ... in the private sector, you will always have fraud and abuse ... I know of very few infractions with food stamps ... to say there isn't fraud would be foolish on my part ... the real question is how much ????

I know that welfare is .11% of the national budget ... .12% is the cost of food stamps to the national budget ... is that something you really think is going to cut waste??? buy taking it from the poor ????? what you'll save .23% of the national budget ??? really !!!! that's your good Idea ??? here you have the pentagon taking 60% of the national budget and theres no waste there huh??? all of you, you really need to take a time out ... go and look at were all your taxes go to ... along with who makes money by passing laws that makes us buy this stuff ... then come back here and convince us liberals how cutting food stamps will balance the budget ??? by cutting welfare will balance the budget ...

It seems that you did not bother to actually read my post as your ‘points’ don’t bother to address anything that I stated at all. Want to try again?

I pointed ou the absurdities of your post ... then gave you reality !!!!

Last edited:
I am unsurprised that you do not see the difference but there are many. Fraud would go down to almost nothing. Right now we have a governmental food program that does this very thing – identifies the foods that you should be eating and gives you that food – it’s called WIC. There is almost no room in that program for fraud other than falsifying your income level. Then there is the fundamental difference in what the program means to the end user. There is a large difference in the mentality of entitlement when you hand out food or cash. There is also another fundamental difference considering that you are actually providing the item that is NEEDED rather than giving someone cash and hoping that they purchase something healthy rather than energy drinks and candy. If you have ever worked in a place that took SNAP you would be unsettled by the amount of crap that it purchases versus the identified need: food. Lastly, as the point here has moved from the ‘hungry’ (an almost nonexistent section of people here in the land of plenty) into malnutrition it is clear that a large part of the problem is not access but rather piss poor decisions. You have a right to eat whatever you want and be malnourished but you certainly don’t have the right to require that I and others pay for that crap decision. If you want government handouts then you should get what the government has determined a need for. In this case, healthy and nutritious foods.

I would also state that the cost is rather irrelevant to me as long as the program itself is meeting proper and worthwhile goals. Now it creates dependency and entitlement without actually solving malnourishment. It is rife with fraud and corruption that can easily be reduced by large amounts. Even if the program costs MORE to deliver healthy foods to people that needed it I would not be bothered though I HIGHLY doubt that would be the end case. Those foods pointed out cost very little.

WIC is one sided its not for all ... you do realize there are people who are disabled who can't use this ....

as for fraud and abuse ... this is every where ... in the public sector ... in the private sector, you will always have fraud and abuse ... I know of very few infractions with food stamps ... to say there isn't fraud would be foolish on my part ... the real question is how much ????

I know that welfare is .11% of the national budget ... .12% is the cost of food stamps to the national budget ... is that something you really think is going to cut waste??? buy taking it from the poor ????? what you'll save .23% of the national budget ??? really !!!! that's your good Idea ??? here you have the pentagon taking 60% of the national budget and theres no waste there huh??? all of you, you really need to take a time out ... go and look at were all your taxes go to ... along with who makes money by passing laws that makes us buy this stuff ... then come back here and convince us liberals how cutting food stamps will balance the budget ??? by cutting welfare will balance the budget ...

It seems that you did not bother to actually read my post as your ‘points’ don’t bother to address anything that I stated at all. Want to try again?

very first sentence I address one of your thoughts ... then I address your thoughts in the second paragraph ... just because you didn't like what I posted doesn't mean I did address anything that you want me to address ... I addressed what I felt was foolish thinking

Last edited:

my self I spent 20 years of my life on air force bases ... if you had a cold just show up in the waiting room and you were look at ... now I'm not sure how they handle it now but back then it was a cake walk for your health care

In addition to functional illiteracy, you seem to be putting words in my mouth. I made no mention of food, or amount. You are taking the words and opinions of others and putting them in my mouth.

My only observation was a distinct inability to write coherently on your part and the likelihood of someone who posts such drivel has a problem with clarity of thought, which in your case is readily apparent.

like I said pay backs are a bitch :lol::lol:

If you were stationed in Amarillo and could afford to take a day or two off to travel to Clovis (the nearest military base) they would evaluate you and see what kind of care you needed for free, but then refer you to a doctor in your area who could provide the care you needed in your local area.

Unfortunately, if you took the care from the doctor in your area, you had to pay a co-pay.

Same thing for dentists.

In other words, it wasn't a problem, all you had to do was take a day off, with pay, and go into Clovis.

All they want, or all they eat? Give me enough rice, beans, and flour, and I can make enough money to buy steaks.
Meatheads phrase not mine ... they could buy beer or pot or heron or crack or meth .... what ever they wanted ... meathead listed rice, beans, cheese milk and flour, then added have all they wanted ... so take it up with him, not me ... with meatheads Idea they could sell enough rice, beans, cheese milk and flour with the money from that they could buy pot or heron or crack or meth then sell that... then buy guns ... sell them to the cartel ... make even more money ... mean while getting more people on the bottom, the poor people to get as much as they want ... to make the circle go round all cause by meatheads cause to make them eat shit they don't like and let the get as much as they wanted ... get it!!!

Except it is you phrase, which is why I am asking you.

A workable solution would be that food stamps or the EBT card would be used for essential healthy foods only,. No candy, sweets of any kind, soft drinks, just basic staples, spaghetti, beans, bread, peanut butter, balogna, fresh or canned fruits and vegetables, low cost meat.

Never anything but food. If they want anything else, get a job. The amount of the food stamps does not rise beyond the third child. Go after the father(s) for support.

Never, ever give a replacement card for lost EBT cards or food stamps. KISS Keep It Simple, Stupid.

That could cut down on fraud, cost and motivation for having more children considerably.

Forum List

Back