Wady-Peytona Sector
Mistake costs dishwasher $59,000

* Story Highlights
* Guatemala native Pedro Zapeta a dishwasher in the U.S. for 11 years
* The illegal immigrant tried to bring $59,000 in savings back to Guatemala
* U.S. customs seized cash when Zapeta failed to fill out form declaring money
* Zapeta, who tried to get the money back for two years, now faces deportation

Continue story with details here.

If you are religious then you will understand the sin of the state against the individual.

If you are one who seeks justice, then this is a monstrous outrage.

If you are a working man, you may ask, "Why bother?"

Someone made a statement here today in the forums that homosexuality is a signal of the end of a civilization. I believe that is a smoke screen. To my way of thinking the story above is injustice on a scale that signals that something is ending.

You can't save the people unless you serve the people. I believe that this mans bank roll should be returned twice over and sent on his way.

I AM

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for him. If he did like most, he'd have been sending the money home during the 11 years. If YOU were living there and hadn't paid taxes over all that time, I think the penalties would be far greater and accomodations much worse.

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for him. If he did like most, he'd have been sending the money home during the 11 years. If YOU were living there and hadn't paid taxes over all that time, I think the penalties would be far greater and accomodations much worse.

How to earn $3.5 trillion and pay zero taxes

The April 2 release of a General Accounting Office report on corporate taxes could hardly have been better timed to get press attention. Just as millions of Americans were filling out their federal 2003 tax forms to beat the April 15 deadline, the GAO study indicated that most corporations owed no taxes from 1996 to 2000, a boom period for corporate profits.

Our "offender" had check stubs. Were taxes collected? It taxes were not collected in his name, then the employer(s) are liable. If taxes were collected, retained in his name, then not reported, the employer(s) are liable and guilty of even more serious offenses.

God is not going to like an outcome that is less than just.

Do we need to be more merciful than just or more just than merciful?

Please respond to that question first, then make your comments.

I AM (and you can be too)

Forum List

Back