CDZ Work Ethic in the United States: Has It Changed?

As one who works in retail I can tell you that the real problem isn't with the staff at the customer service level but with the echelons of morons above them. Upper management talks about providing a great shopping experience and then tie the hands of those who are expected to provide that service with too many projects, cumbersome policies and outdated equipment. Given the daily barrage of stupidity it is no wonder that those who have to actually help customers soon becomes apathetic.

As one who works in retail I can tell you that the real problem isn't with the staff at the customer service level but with the echelons of morons above them. Upper management talks about providing a great shopping experience and then tie the hands of those who are expected to provide that service with too many projects, cumbersome policies and outdated equipment. Given the daily barrage of stupidity it is no wonder that those who have to actually help customers soon becomes apathetic.

I used to work retail. I managed a Lady Foot Locker.
Know what I did? Ran it the way I wanted and tossed all the "instruction books" away.
Guess what? I got Store of the Year and a few other awards.
I would "change it up" when the DM (District Manager) came into town and all my employees knew the drill.

I used to work retail. I managed a Lady Foot Locker.
Know what I did? Ran it the way I wanted and tossed all the "instruction books" away.
Guess what? I got Store of the Year and a few other awards.
I would "change it up" when the DM (District Manager) came into town and all my employees knew the drill.
You sound like you were a great, effective manager!

Forum List

Back