Words That Will Live In Infamy Forever!

greenpartyaz

Corporate Watchdog
Jun 21, 2008
The Valley of the Sun
Words that will live in infamy forever... "The counting of votes that are of questionable legality does, in my view, threaten irreparable harm to petitioner (Bush), and to the country, by casting a cloud upon what he (Bush) claims to be the legitimacy of his election." - Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court Justice :eusa_whistle:

Scalia's statement can be found at: Supreme Court of the United States, No. 00-949 (00A504) George W. Bush et al. V Albert Gore, Jr. et al. Scalia J. concurring opinion. 531 US_(2000).

Last edited:
Words that will live in infamy forever... "The counting of votes that are of questionable legality does, in my view, threaten irreparable harm to petitioner (Bush), and to the country, by casting a cloud upon what he (Bush) claims to be the legitimacy of his election." - Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court Justice :eusa_whistle:

getting smashed ? :lol:

Scalia's statement can be found at: Supreme Court of the United States, No. 00-949 (00A504) George W. Bush et al. V Albert Gore, Jr. et al. Scalia J. concurring opinion. 531 US_(2000).

I bet you did not even understand what Scalia was saying here. You get that this a "concurring" opinion right?

The opinion states, if the vote count had been allowed to continue, Al Gore would be the president! :eusa_whistle:

It says the counting of votes of "questionable legality." Essentially illegal votes. He felt that had the questioned votes been counted it would have caused irreparable harm to the future of our voting system. It had nothing to with who was running.

Last edited:
It says the counting of votes of "questionable legality." Essentially illegal votes. He felt that had the questioned votes been counted it would have caused irreparable harm to the future of our voting system. It had nothing to with who was running.

And those votes were supplied by Katherine Harris and her questionable felon rolls. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy48bRHpGwo&feature=related]YouTube - How George W. Bush Stole The 2000 Election - Part 1 of 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Cu6ab_jSE&feature=related]YouTube - How George W. Bush Stole The 2000 Election - Part 2 of 2[/ame]

Any questions?:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I have seen the videos. Speak for yourself. I asked a direct question, I would appreciate a direct response.

Ok, it's real simple, I am agreeing with Greg on his research into the election. The supreme courts decision was very biased by political lines. Scalia and Clarance Thomas refused to recuse themselves from the case. And Sandra Day O' Connor was heard at a banquet, saying that she would like to retire in Arizona, under a Republican president. And how she couldn't wait another four years for one. :eusa_whistle:

Ok, it's real simple, I am agreeing with Greg on his research into the election. The supreme courts decision was very biased by political lines. Scalia and Clarance Thomas refused to recuse themselves from the case. And Sandra Day O' Connor was heard at a banquet, saying that she would like to retire in Arizona, under a Republican president. And how she couldn't wait another four years for one. :eusa_whistle:

Why would Thomas and Scalia recuse themselves? Also, the O'Connor thing is not that uncommon. Many of the Justices in the past have retired when a President is in office that is closely related to their personal political beliefs. That is the nature of the High Court.

As for Palast's research, It is suspect. He has the tendency to shape his evidence around a pre-drawn conclusion. However, I will concede that there were problems in Florida, but it was also eight years ago.

Now, you dodge the question. i direct you back to my original direct question, that was drawn form your own statements on the matter.

Okay, so you are telling me that the Supreme court rule to not include "votes of questionable legality" supplied by a corrupt Republican, because those votes would have given Gore the election?

Why would Thomas and Scalia recuse themselves? Also, the O'Connor thing is not that uncommon. Many of the Justices in the past have retired when a President is in office that is closely related to their personal political beliefs. That is the nature of the High Court.

As for Palast's research, It is suspect. He has the tendency to shape his evidence around a pre-drawn conclusion. However, I will concede that there were problems in Florida, but it was also eight years ago.

Now, you dodge the question. i direct you back to my original direct question, that was drawn form your own statements on the matter.

I didn't dodge the question, I am saying Scalia handed Bush the election, and refused to recuse himself from the case. I can go more into detail, but I have to post tomorrow I have to get some sleep. If you want to take me to task, I will be happy to tomorrow. I am saying that Scalia is such a corrupt partisan justice, that he would have handed Bush the election no matter what evidence was presented.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I didn't dodge the question, I am saying Scalia handed Bush the election, and refused to recuse himself from the case. I can go more into detail, but I have to post tomorrow I have to get some sleep. If you want to take me to task, I will be happy to tomorrow. I am saying that Scalia is such a corrupt partisan justice, that he would have handed Bush the election no matter what evidence was presented.:eusa_whistle:

See you tomorrow then. I'll get my popcorn and tin foil hat ready.

of course you have no proof of this outrageous claim, so we will just take you at your word on it.

ROFLMAO

is that a black helicopter behind you?
:badgrin:

Okay. It's tommorrow.

I'd like green'ps take on ACORN. You know that large group funded by the federal government that sits around all day filling out registration forms to vote. The names they put on there are false, address false, and oh yea, they register dead people! What about those pople green??

Even if true, how do you reconcile what he said with the fact that all of the precedents required that the high court NOT intervene in election law matters... that they were the sole purview of the highest court of the State.

And also, how do you reconcile what he said with the fact that the decision was specifically made inapplicable to any other case and has no precedential value.

That isn't one of those things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Forum List

Back