CDZ Words of wisdom from Warren Buffett

For everyone from college students to political partisans:
40392896_10216016730906714_4496228467058147328_n.jpg

Yeahbut words are LITERAL VIOLENCE
On what planet?

On planet Lefty College Student, where 81% of them think "words can be violence". Because you know most of them are lefties, poor misguided sheep.

College Students: Speech Can Be Violence | National Review
You mean educated people?

Funny how the anti-intellectual trumpkins hate anyone with a degree.

Speech isn’t violence. Are you that much of a trumpflake?

Wonder what Buffet's PR people will come up with next? It appears good ole Warren is about to throw out another book of 'homilies', and all the morons who think he's some sort of benign and wise old Grandpa type instead of the self-serving avaricious greedy old fart he really is will race out and buy it, or whatever else he sells. He has spent a lot on developing his public image, after all, and it has been very successful at helping fill his pockets.

I am not suggesting that. Quite the opposite, whether the quote is real or not, the message is spot on.

I personally don't think it is...

20 years ago, Nazis were reviled and nobody would open declare themselves one.

Now they are invited to the White House as honored guests. And people like Mac will bemoan when colleges don't let someone like Richard Spenser or the "Bell Curve" Racist try to give their racism an intellectual bent.

The thing about it was, before Hitler turned millions of people into Ash and Lampshades, there was a whole school of thought in the Universities preaching White Supremacy, Social Darwinism, Eugenics and a whole slew of other toxic philosophies that Hitler put into action. It wasn't like Hitler came up with any of this crap on his own.

So, um, yeah, I'm perfectly good with the universities putting out the "unwelcome mat" to Nazis.

Well there's the problem. There's NOTHING academically wrong with the Bell Curve and nothing racist about Charles Murray. Won't debate the details of that here and derail the topic, but the point is --- The ONLY THING you wasted words on is Nazis. So -- you haven't adequately defined the problem with conditioning college students to BE AFRAID of words. Milo Yiannapolous is NOT a Nazi. Ann Coulter is NOT a Nazi. Neither are black scholars like Thomas Sowell, or Walter Williams. ALL people who have had cool receptions or unwelcomes from University Safe Spaces.

And it's NOT JUST political figures. MANY of the top comedians simply wont' or cant perform on campuses anymore. You THOUGHT waxing eloquent about "Nazis" was meaningful, but it's really not at all.

If TOP COMEDIANS have issues with getting blowback from campus intolerance to speech -- they MUST ALL be Nazis -- RIGHT?

One of those threads that just illustrates its own point as it goes.

Mac's argument style

1) Put up a silly argument.
2) Wait for people to point out why it's a silly argument.
3) Insist that the thread proves everyone else are partisan meanyheads.
4) Feel superior to everyone else.

Yes, he's a hard core Democrat for sure. So far he doesn't run around posting as much fake news and spam as you do, though.

He is following the Success Principles and theory behind the meditation technique called the Sedona Method, which is also a tool successful people use.

He is following the Success Principles and theory behind the meditation technique called the Sedona Method, which is also a tool successful people use.

Buffet? Maybe so, but it's having a politically and business connected father and an insurance company that got him started on the road to billions; smart man but no great genius; he just buys companies in non-competitive markets or bankrupt and dirt cheap. He's hardly the 'kindly old grandpa' rubbish image he's had his PR people create for him, though; he's ruthless and more than willing to take full advantage of the misfortunes of others, and he didn't work alone building up his portfolio.

On what planet?

For someone as old as you to respond in such a juvenile manner?
I don't mean this as to be mean...
Are you a disabled person? Do you have trouble with reasoning functions?
If so, no worries, you are special
If not, why do you pretend to be handicapped?

The comment was appropriate to the lunatic assertion made.

You sound like a five year old. A not very bright one

Last edited:

On what planet?

On planet Lefty College Student, where 81% of them think "words can be violence". Because you know most of them are lefties, poor misguided sheep.

How simple your world must be. You realize I voted for Trump, would do it again, and I'm degreed and then some?

On what planet?

How simple your world must be. You realize I voted for Trump, would do it again, and I'm degreed and then some?
Perhaps you just have difficult reading and responding. But keep flailing.

And I’d uou voted for trump I should probably use smaller words.

Instead of substantiating your wild flailing you seem to be getting more and more off kilter.

But You thought it appropriate to call me an anti Semite. That makes you less than sane.

On what planet?

But You thought it appropriate to call me an anti Semite. That makes you less than sane.

Are you sane? Where did I call you an anti-Semite? What on earth are you talking about?

On what planet?

Are you sane? Where did I call you an anti-Semite? What on earth are you talking about?
Quite sane, silly child. I just misread who responded. It was just intended for a different poster.

You can return to your trumpkin world now.

Well there's the problem. There's NOTHING academically wrong with the Bell Curve and nothing racist about Charles Murray. Won't debate the details of that here and derail the topic, but the point is --- The ONLY THING you wasted words on is Nazis. So -- you haven't adequately defined the problem with conditioning college students to BE AFRAID of words. Milo Yiannapolous is NOT a Nazi. Ann Coulter is NOT a Nazi. Neither are black scholars like Thomas Sowell, or Walter Williams. ALL people who have had cool receptions or unwelcomes from University Safe Spaces.

Actually, there is everything wrong with the Bell Curve. It was just bad science.

Charles Murray is once again peddling junk science about race and IQ

No, college kids aren't afraid of words. They are afraid that when they let their university become platforms for Nazis and Racists, that their nice shiny degree they paid five figures for and will still be paying off for years in the future will become a little less shiny when they have to put it on a resume.

The kid don't want their university putting a stamp of approval onto Ann Coulter's racist bile. I'm totally for that. Don't blame them a bit.

Fox News won't even put Coulter or Milo on the air anymore, they are THAT noxious. But the Colleges are supposed to roll out the red carpet for them? Why not go full bore and give them honorary doctorates?

And it's NOT JUST political figures. MANY of the top comedians simply wont' or cant perform on campuses anymore. You THOUGHT waxing eloquent about "Nazis" was meaningful, but it's really not at all.

If TOP COMEDIANS have issues with getting blowback from campus intolerance to speech -- they MUST ALL be Nazis -- RIGHT?

Here's the thing. When I went to college in the Dark Ages of the 1980's, we never had a "Top Comedian" who wanted to play at UIC. And back in the 1980's we had comedians who were actually FUNNY.

Here's the real reason why "top Comdedians" don't play colleges. College students can't chuck out $100.00 to go see them do the same tired routines they do on TV.

Forum List

Back