Words from a great man

B

bamthin

"Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed - we hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.

This will be the day, this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning "My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!"

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every tenement and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."

Monday is Martin Luther King Day. Anyone else have some quotes that they like?

-Bam

"First of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

Franklin D. Roosevelt at his inaugural address.

I wonder what the percentages are of those milking off of welfare

Jim you F#$@#^T%$@^@$%^#!%@, racist you !!!!!

Don't you know it is a small minority, say 99.99999999999% on welfare !

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by eric
Don't you know it is a small minority, say 99.99999999999% on welfare !

Actually, fact #43 states "Blacks are four and a half times more likely than Whites to be on welfare."

The assumption that spending more of the taxpayer's money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family- which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions- began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to "help."
- Thomas Sowell

some of my MLK faves:

"The question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be."

"We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobile rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind."

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."

"We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers."

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
some of my MLK faves:
"We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers."

Yow... how true is that.

To borrow the words of someone else:

You want freedom? Well, freedom costs. And right here is where you start paying...in sweat!

When the entire population of the United States starts paying for the freedom and benefits they want, we will then be free.

I have nothing against MLK, he seemed to have been earnest in his desires for equality. However, it's shameful that there is a federal holiday in his name when there are just as many other people who've shaped this land for the better without so much as a passing mention much less such an honor. I also believe that the amount of pandering that's happened about naming streets and buildings after him is absurd. He was a mere mortal, lobbying for what he believed in- many people have done the same. I will not mark the occassion in any way.

Originally posted by Moi
To borrow the words of someone else:

You want freedom? Well, freedom costs. And right here is where you start paying...in sweat!

When the entire population of the United States starts paying for the freedom and benefits they want, we will then be free.

I have nothing against MLK, he seemed to have been earnest in his desires for equality. However, it's shameful that there is a federal holiday in his name when there are just as many other people who've shaped this land for the better without so much as a passing mention much less such an honor. I also believe that the amount of pandering that's happened about naming streets and buildings after him is absurd. He was a mere mortal, lobbying for what he believed in- many people have done the same. I will not mark the occassion in any way.

RWA Disclaimer: Though moi has many good points on many issues, I can't condone this new evidence of rampant party-pooperism!

My favorite Martin Luther King quote:

"I have a dream that one day my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of there skin but by the content of there character".

It is too bad that blacks are only judged by the color of ther skin, by such charitys as hiring quotas and affirmitive action which solely judge blacks on the color of there skin. These racist laws are in place so that people will not be able to judge a (black) persons character.

Maybe if people would be aloud to judge people by there character, the character of blacks would change for the better.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
No, but I find your spin to be...how shall I say?...repulsive.

Thanks for sharing! I find it amusing that reality is repulsive to you. Do you always ignore the facts and walk blindly through life?

Forum List

Back