Words are cheap, Jane Fonda

wayne

Nov 4, 2006
Someone should tell Jane Fonda that words are cheap. If she wants not to be recorded in US History as a traitor all she has to do is get in her time machine and go back to 1960s and 70s and not make propaganda for the enemy.

__________________________________________________________________________________
http://news.yahoo.com/jane-fonda-jabs-q ... 47808.html

..LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A new controversy over Oscar winner Jane Fonda's Vietnam War activism caused the actress to come out swinging against home shopping TV network QVC on Saturday, over what she described as its caving in to "extremist" pressure to cancel her appearance.

In a blog posting on showbusiness website TheWrap.com, Fonda wrote that she was scheduled to appear on QVC on Saturday to introduce her book "Prime Time" about aging and life cycles.

But the network, Fonda wrote, reported receiving a flood of angry calls regarding her anti-war activism of the 1960s and 1970s, and it decided to cancel Fonda's appearance.

Four decades ago, the American actress angered Vietnam War supporters who gave her the nickname "Hanoi Jane" for her 1972 visit to the capital of North Vietnam at the height of the conflict. At the time, she posed for photos showing her sitting atop a Viet Cong anti-aircraft gun, and she remains an object of derision by some U.S. veterans and others.

Fonda, 73, has in the past expressed regret about those images, and in her post at The Wrap she took aim at QVC and her critics.

"I am, to say the least, deeply disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well funded and organized political extremist groups," Fonda wrote.

QVC acknowledged Fonda's appearance was canceled, but said it was because of a "programing change."

"It's not unusual to have a schedule change with our shows and guests with little or no notice," QVC spokesman Paul Capelli said in a statement.

"I can't speak to Ms. Fonda's comments, other than to confirm that a change in scheduling resulted in her not appearing today."

In 2005, Fonda was spat upon at a book signing in Kansas City, Missouri, by a man who said he was angered by her Vietnam War-era actions.

"Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me!" Fonda wrote at TheWrap.com. "... I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

The daughter of late screen legend Henry Fonda, the actress most recently starred in 2007 film "Georgia Rule." She won Oscars for roles in the films "Coming Home" (1978) and "Klute" (1971).

QVC is a unit of Liberty Media Corp.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Who could ever forget that treasonous slut? The koolaid kadets probably never heard of her.

1972_hanoi_jane.jpg

February3.jpg

That bitch can rot in hell and I hope today's youth NEVER forget Hanoi Jane. Fuck her and her whining. Good for QVC!

And the Right are the first to talk about how OTHERS have an obsessive capacity for hate.

The irony! :rolleyes:

And the Right are the first to talk about how OTHERS have an obsessive capacity for hate.

Yaaa - imagine hating a person who got away with treason. A person who was looking through NVA AA gunsights at the same time US POWS were being tortured in the Hanoi Hilton - the nerve!

It is not hate it is justice. Does she not deserve to be remembered as a traitor like Benedict Arnold or was he also a hero? Get over it you lost the Cold War even though you did everything you could to aid the communist war afford. But at least you can bask in the memories of millions of people being worked to death by their communist masters. It give you warm feeling don’t it? When Jane Fonda dies there is a place in hell along side her hero Stalin, what about you?

That bitch can rot in hell and I hope today's youth NEVER forget Hanoi Jane. Fuck her and her whining. Good for QVC!

Get a life, Grace. Sheesh. I am a veteran, a lifetime member of the DAV. If I can let it go, I really don't want to hear it from you.

Well la de da for you.
First, thank you for coming home safe.
Second, I don't want to let it go. what she did will never be forgotten and I will always remember it and I will always hate her fucking guts for it.
Third, I don't care whether you want to hear it from me. You can let it go? Good for you. I'm not you. And I will say what the fuck I want to say. don't like it? Don't read it.

Last edited:
Hey Jake. A hey and hello. I had two best friends serving in nam at the time when that douche bag went over and cheered the north on. Empowered the north. fucking barbarella. her only claim to fame is she was the daughter of an excellent actor.

Fuck you. And I still hope that monster who calls herself a patriot fucking dies the most horrible death for the shit she did.

You want to forgive her? By all means, that is what you can do. But for me, I hope she rots in hell.

..."Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me!" Fonda wrote at TheWrap.com. "... I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."...

Really?

"November 22, 1970 -- During a fund-raising tour for GI deserters,
Vietnam Veterans Against the War and the Black Panthers, Jane Fonda
is quoted in the Detroit Free Press as telling a University of
Michigan audience, "I would think that if you understood what
communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees that we
would someday become communist,"

"February 16, 1971 -- Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland form "FTA"
(F*** The Army), an anti-war, anti-American road show that tours near
Army bases in order to undermine troop morale. Skits and songs
portray American defeats, soldiers refusing to fight, and the murder
of officers by their troops. FTA cast members mingle with soldiers
after the shows, encouraging them to desert or to sabotage the Army."

Personal note: I have seen the “FTA” movie and this is true.

"March 14 - 18, 1971 -- Jane Fonda, Mark Lane, and VVAW
representative Michael Hunter fly to Europe for a five-day tour. In
Paris, Fonda meets privately with Madame Binh of the PRG, then the
three activists fly to London, where Fonda alleges American
atrocities that include "applying electrodes to prisoners' genitals,
mass rapes, slicing off of body parts, scalping, skinning alive, and
leaving 'heat tablets' around which burned the insides of children
who ate them.'""

July 8 - 22, 1972 -- Jane Fonda visits Hanoi, where she makes
numerous radio broadcasts to American and South Vietnamese military
personnel encouraging mutiny and desertion, while repeatedly claiming
that the United States is committing war crimes in Vietnam. Fonda
also visits American prisoners, reporting on the air that they are
being "well cared for" and that they wished to convey their "sense of
disgust of the war and their shame for what they have been asked to
do." Upon leaving North Vietnam, Fonda accepts from her hosts a ring
made from the wreckage of a downed American plane.

April, 1973 -- Jane Fonda calls the freed American
prisoners "hypocrites and pawns," insisting that, "Tortured men do
not march smartly off planes, salute the flag, and kiss their wives.
They are liars. I also want to say that these men are not heroes."

<sigh>

Well, at least, back then, Jane Fonda had nice body to kinda counter-balance her filthy, anti-American mouth. But now she is nothing but a dried-up old blister sitting around and waiting to die who simply can't keep that mouth shut.

Yep, you gotta love Jane. And, nope, we will never forget her. Never. Ever. Nope.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back