Word to parents!!!

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
discipline your kids....no ifs ands or butts about it..stop being the kids "friend"...you are not their friend you are their parent...which means you control your kid. let me define control...your kid shuts up....if adults are talking...i do not want to talk to your kid on the phone ...they need to answer the phone and go get you...i dont care how their day is or want to hear their whining...if your kids is sassing you....or cussing you...smack said kid ..either site..ass or mouth will do....dont stand there and hang your head....

if your kids hits you...take that kid down and plow the ground with said kid...it will only take once...

i just dont get it...kids need boundaries and someone to care about them...being their friend is not that...its damned easy to be a bad parent....it is a lot harder to be a good one...

I approve of this message

Other day at my friends house, their 7 year old told the father to fuck off

After i tired to hide my grin, you saw the dad yank him ou tof the chair and a slap across the mouth

well deserved imo

Kid started crying, and he got sent to his room...he won't be doing that anymore.

I said it to my wife last night...I am not our sons friend, I am his father...big difference

o and stop freaking out when your kid..says he/she hates you...most of the time this is around 11ish with boys...i dont know about girls...but guess what ...they will say they hate you ...as long as they can get their way with guilt...think about it....

when that time comes, I will just remember how many times I used to say it when shit didn tgo my way.

I already know how its going to be, my wife is the soft one and he will be able to walk all over her...till she says./...wait till your father gets home

I walk in and he will be sleeping in his room at 6pm

Awesome thread. Your best yet, bones. I mean that.

Parenting is a lost art. If you're afraid to discipline your kid, you never should have had one you PUSSY.

Except let's all remember..the kid who tells his dad to fuck off learned that language from someone.

Probably the dad. If dad is saying it to mom or to other adults, I don't see why the kid gets punished for imitating the behavior.

That's fine if the parents are using that language around the kids, but what of the ones who don't?

Besides, my policy is do as I say, not as I do. My daughter knows better than to use a cuss word. If and when she ever does get the balls to use it on purpose for a malicious reason, she probably heard a friend say it and became emboldened.

I have a problem with a guy who knocks his kid around in front of other guys, who applaud him.

I think it's a little nauseating.

o and stop freaking out when your kid..says he/she hates you...most of the time this is around 11ish with boys...i dont know about girls...but guess what ...they will say they hate you ...as long as they can get their way with guilt...think about it....

my dad used to say if one of us didn't hate him on any given day (there's six of us), he wasn't doing his job.

he was pretty smart

Except let's all remember..the kid who tells his dad to fuck off learned that language from someone.

Probably the dad. If dad is saying it to mom or to other adults, I don't see why the kid gets punished for imitating the behavior.

I think this is an excellent point. Who made the kid that way? You shouldn't have to hit a kid to get them back in line. How did they get so out of control if not for crappy parenting to begin with.

I don't recall my parents ever hitting us. I could have missed some of the discipline my brothers got or a swat when I was too young to remember. Other than my explorations with sex I don't think I was a terrible kid. There were a lot of opportunities to be "bad" that I didn't take, not because I feared punishment, but I didn't want to disappoint them. I think that's a better feeling to foster in kids than fear.

discipline your kids....no ifs ands or butts about it..stop being the kids "friend"...you are not their friend you are their parent...which means you control your kid. let me define control...your kid shuts up....if adults are talking...i do not want to talk to your kid on the phone ...they need to answer the phone and go get you...i dont care how their day is or want to hear their whining...if your kids is sassing you....or cussing you...smack said kid ..either site..ass or mouth will do....dont stand there and hang your head....

if your kids hits you...take that kid down and plow the ground with said kid...it will only take once...

i just dont get it...kids need boundaries and someone to care about them...being their friend is not that...its damned easy to be a bad parent....it is a lot harder to be a good one...

Wow. That's just....unbelievable. I've never heard a parent say such a thing.

Are you drinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem with a guy who knocks his kid around in front of other guys, who applaud him.

I think it's a little nauseating.

Me too. It's a reportable incident--especially if the parent did so in anger. This is what the parent does in front of another adult? Imagine what this guy may do when no one is watching.

Children need boundaries and to learn what is and is not acceptable behavior. Violence is not necessary.

What Andrew described is battering. If the man slapped his wife across the face when she said fuck you it would be considered an assault. Why should a seven year old go unprotected especially when it is the parents role to protect their children--not assault them.

Wow. That's just....unbelievable. I've never heard a parent say such a thing.

Are you drinking?

Yeah, the post would still have been valuable without that part. I'm not sure what it added to the point.

Parenting is a bitch and what works for some doesn't and won't ever work for others. I'm with bones----my kid pushed so he knew where the boundries were. It was my job ( and still is sometimes) to not only let him know what they are but also that I MEAN IT----EVERY DAMN TIME.

You do x and y will happen.

I know some what I call "bad seeds" --the parents bust their asses to do the best thing and they still are assholes. I don't think you can blame it all on how the kid was parented and some other intervention might be needed.

My sage advice is to FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE PUNISHMENT!

Don't say you're going to take away this or that or not let them go here or there, then relent because you feel "sorry" for them, or they can't miss the big dance or the birthday party or whatever it is.

Also, hit them where it hurts, by TAKING AWAY their "toys." The cell phone, computer time, the phone, friends,,,,whatever they love the most. Trust me, it works like a charm.

But I'm sure everyone on here knows these things.

My sage advice is to FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE PUNISHMENT!

Don't say you're going to take away this or that or not let them go here or there, then relent because you feel "sorry" for them, or they can't miss the big dance or the birthday party or whatever it is.

Also, hit them where it hurts, by TAKING AWAY their "toys." The cell phone, computer time, the phone, friends,,,,whatever they love the most. Trust me, it works like a charm.

But I'm sure everyone on here knows these things.

Missing out on an event or not having the computer or cell phone makes a bigger impact that violence--which is a weak parental response. It only demonstrates the parents lack of control. It doesn't teach young children self-discipline.

A dear Buddhist friend of mine told me her father used to send her to her room to meditate, and then to come back and report to him her meditative experiences.

She said this was far worse punishment that if he had whacked her. But she learned to self-discipline herself, and eventually even to enjoy meditating.

My brother-in-law's method was to lecture. When one of his or my kids got into any sort of difficulty (i.e., trouble) or were exhibiting wrong thinking, he would sit them down and "talk" to them. For hours. Around and around over and over. Without ever raising his voice or intimidating them or demeaning them.

They absolutely DREADED it.

Forum List

Back