Woody Allen vs. Spike Lee

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
IMO, Woody Allen and Spike Lee are perhaps the two most overrated filmmakers in the history of filmmaking. But which one is MORE overrated?

Discuss.

most over rated...woody allen...he has lived on past laurels for decades....he committed immoral acts that results in the break up of his romance with mia farrow.....damn woody your own g/f's adopted daughter.....

face it who can name 3 woody allen movies?

spike lee is over rated because people dont appreciate directing ..lee depends on controversy

Derek,

With regards to Spike Lee being the reincarnation of Kunta Kinte - I can't provide comparative visual evidence (yet), but my source tells me it's all in the lips, whatever that means.

Woody Allen's whiny pinchbrick disposition has been thoroughly documented by countless interviews and biographicals.

If Woody Allen and Spike Lee had a child together, it would be Liability.

Woody Allen

I can actually sit through a Spike Lee movie without wanting to kill myself.

Good question.

I'm of the opinion that the only way to know is to watch their movies long after they were made (and probably when you first saw them)

Do they hold up?

Do you still like them as much?

I have to say with Woody Allen that his movies, some of which I though were great when I first saw them, don't resonate like they did when I saw them in their time.

Spike Lee? Well it's too early for me to tell, really.

Forum List

Back