Woody Allen Child Molester?

Mom who spent her whole life using powerful men to advance her career, and broke up families, and she wondered why her daughter thought this was perfectly okay?

Allen was the one who should have put the brakes on the relationship with Soon Yi. He was the 50 year old adult. She was a very young, inexperienced woman. That her values may have been influenced by her mother's youthful behavior is irrelevant; Allen was over 50 years old, Soon Yi's mother's boyfriend of 12 years, father to one biological child with Mia and 2 adopted children with her, all of whom were step siblings of Soon Yi and growing up in the same home. Allen should have known better; Soon Yi was young enough to be excused due to youth and inexperience.

What you have shown clearly in this post is that you are biased toward Mia Farrow because of things she did prior to this incident. Your whole take on it is biased because of that.

Soon Yi is nearly 40 now, and she's still with him.

Probably has more on the ball than Mia did on how to have a lasting relationship.

Look, I think Allen's relationship with Soon-Yi is kind of creepy. But it's not illegal. And it's not child molestation or incest.

I'm biased against Mia because I think she's a vindictive person who would bully her children into hating their father.

Soon Yi still being with him is irrelevant. You are assuming the reason they are still together is that Soon Yi has something 'on the ball' about relationships. You have no way of knowing why they are still together. I wonder what kind of woman throws her youth away on a man 35 years her senior. You have never been a parent perhaps? And you don't see what it means that his having a sexual relationship with Soon Yi, estranging her from her family,etc., is far more than creepy. You show obvious bias against Farrow for things she did in her youth and assume that she is the stereotypical scorned woman though the custody court determined there nothing to that theory.

[

Soon Yi still being with him is irrelevant. You are assuming the reason they are still together is that Soon Yi has something 'on the ball' about relationships. You have no way of knowing why they are still together. I wonder what kind of woman throws her youth away on a man 35 years her senior. You have never been a parent perhaps? And you don't see what it means that his having a sexual relationship with Soon Yi, estranging her from her family,etc., is far more than creepy. You show obvious bias against Farrow for things she did in her youth and assume that she is the stereotypical scorned woman though the custody court determined there nothing to that theory.

Usually, when a woman throws herself at an older man, it's because she has "Daddy Issues".

Okay. So let's look at that. Soon-Yi lived in an orphanage in Korea until she was about 6 or 8. We really don't know how old she is because they didn't keep accurate records. She was adopted by Farrow and composer Andre Previn.

Now Andre is a real peice of work. He abandoned his second wife, Dory Langan while she was being hospitalized, to marry Farrow. Then they got a divorce in 1979, when Soon-Yi was about 9-11, and he says of his daughter now, "That person doesn't exist". Yes, I can see how this girl MIGHT want to be involved with an older man to fill those paternal issues. It seems to me that parenting was a real absense in her life, between her biological parents dumping her, and her adoptive parents neglecting her.

But neither of us know these people personally, so we would only be speculating.

Allen was the one who should have put the brakes on the relationship with Soon Yi. He was the 50 year old adult. She was a very young, inexperienced woman. That her values may have been influenced by her mother's youthful behavior is irrelevant; Allen was over 50 years old, Soon Yi's mother's boyfriend of 12 years, father to one biological child with Mia and 2 adopted children with her, all of whom were step siblings of Soon Yi and growing up in the same home. Allen should have known better; Soon Yi was young enough to be excused due to youth and inexperience.

What you have shown clearly in this post is that you are biased toward Mia Farrow because of things she did prior to this incident. Your whole take on it is biased because of that.

Soon Yi is nearly 40 now, and she's still with him.

Probably has more on the ball than Mia did on how to have a lasting relationship.

Look, I think Allen's relationship with Soon-Yi is kind of creepy. But it's not illegal. And it's not child molestation or incest.

I'm biased against Mia because I think she's a vindictive person who would bully her children into hating their father.

The custody court is the court that was biased. Family Court usually is. There are no rules of criminal evidence in Family Court.

There never was a trial. Even though the prosecutor claimed probable cause, no evidence was found by unbiased Yale investigators. They said that Dylan seemed rehearsed, could not tell fantasy from reality -at age 7- and could not identify consisttently where she was touched. That is what "fragile" means- it means unable to withstand cross-examination during a trial.

Even though four and five year olds who have truly been molested can carry the weight of a trial on tiny shoulders and win. Happens everywhere.

There is question whether Allen fathered a y child with Darrow. Ronin's resemblance to Frank Sinatra has caused the Sinatra family to say they welcome him if he is found to be one of Sinatra's sons.

What Soon-Yi did was escape the clutches of her unstable, erratic and abusive mother. Moses says Farrow slapped him around in anger if he did not do as she demanded.

Moses himself did not escape until much later.

Allen had not one whisper of child molestation against him until Farrow found out that he was leaving her and taking Soon-Yi
He has not had a whisper of child molestation from the children he and Soon-Yi adopted.

This is coming out again now because Allen was awarded at the Golden Globes and is up for an Oscar.

And Ronin is getting his own MSNBC show.

Any publicity is good publicity.

There never was a criminal trial-so stop treating Allen as if he is one. That is libel.

Custody trials often are full of lies from both sides and prove nothing. The rules are very slack in Family Court.

It is time for libelous harpies to drop this and put it to rest. You literally never had a case - except that Dylan was brainwashed, that is.

Regards from Rosie

Last edited:
[

Usually, when a woman throws herself at an older man, it's because she has "Daddy Issues".

Okay. So let's look at that. Soon-Yi lived in an orphanage in Korea until she was about 6 or 8. We really don't know how old she is because they didn't keep accurate records. She was adopted by Farrow and composer Andre Previn.

Now Andre is a real peice of work. He abandoned his second wife, Dory Langan while she was being hospitalized, to marry Farrow. Then they got a divorce in 1979, when Soon-Yi was about 9-11, and he says of his daughter now, "That person doesn't exist". Yes, I can see how this girl MIGHT want to be involved with an older man to fill those paternal issues. It seems to me that parenting was a real absense in her life, between her biological parents dumping her, and her adoptive parents neglecting her.

But neither of us know these people personally, so we would only be speculating.

This whole thing to me is about accusations about him being dismissed out of hand because he is a brilliant and successful director. It is a stereotype that young women 'go after' older men because they have 'daddy issues.' Also, you are making the assumption that Mia 'went after' and seduced the older men in her life, and that, as well Soon Yi did the same. That seems incredibly biased. These were much older men, wealthy, successful, powerful men with lots of experience of women, with probably many women regularly throwing themselves their way. It seems unlikely to me that any very young, inexperienced woman can seduce such a man. These men are not fools and are extremely well experienced with women. Previn, Sinatra, Allen. So the theory that either Mia or Soon Yi were the ones who instigated and secured the relationships is something I am very skeptical about.

There is no indication that Mia ever neglected any of her children, or that she was so focused on an acting career that she would 'go after' men who could 'advance' her career. She seems rather indifferent to her career as opposed to her dedication to her family. As far as her hiding her hands:as an older woman, I get that totally. The most obvious thing about me that totally betrays my age is my hands. She may be age conscious, as are a lot of women. Doesn't mean she is a psycho.

We don't know any of them. It's all speculation. I just don't like discounting the child's allegations because of the assumption the mother is coaching her out of spite. All other evidence points to Mia being a very good mother. My position is that I see credible evidence on both sides and just don't like the allegations against him being dismissed out of hand because he is who he is and because people like to demonize women by assuming they will falsely charge abuse because they are angry over a split up.

Forum List

Back