Woodward's book why we can't re-elect Obama

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
Woodward’s book should show everyone why America can't afford another four years of Obama. I mean anyone that has not realized the problems Washington is having because of absent leadership should have no question after just reading this article about Woodward’s book. When you see mistake after mistake you should have no doubt about all the problems we are having in this nation is indeed because of the president. His inability as a leader is really scary and I’m actually surprised that we are not even worse off than we already are. We can’t go another 4 years without a leader in the Whitehouse.

Bob Woodward Book: Debt Deal Collapse Led to 'Pure Fury' From President Obama - ABC News

It's going to be an interesting series of interviews with this author. Dianne Sawyer is going to interview (rip him a new one) this guy tonight, I think.

No surprise to some of us that Barry was utterly, uniquely, and woefully inexperienced for what is arguably the toughest job in the world, and as a result an abject failure of monumental proportions.

Woodward’s book should show everyone why America can't afford another four years of Obama. I mean anyone that has not realized the problems Washington is having because of absent leadership should have no question after just reading this article about Woodward’s book. When you see mistake after mistake you should have no doubt about all the problems we are having in this nation is indeed because of the president. His inability as a leader is really scary and I’m actually surprised that we are not even worse off than we already are. We can’t go another 4 years without a leader in the Whitehouse.

Bob Woodward Book: Debt Deal Collapse Led to 'Pure Fury' From President Obama - ABC News

When Boehner finally did call back, he jettisoned the entire deal. Obama lost his famous cool, according to Woodward, with a "flash of pure fury" coming from the president; one staffer in the room said Obama gripped the phone so tightly he thought he would break it.

It chronicles the GOP tactics of block and delay. Should be a great read. Woodward usually is of course.

When Boehner finally did call back, he jettisoned the entire deal. Obama lost his famous cool, according to Woodward, with a "flash of pure fury" coming from the president; one staffer in the room said Obama gripped the phone so tightly he thought he would break it.

It chronicles the GOP tactics of block and delay. Should be a great read. Woodward usually is of course.

It chronicles a president and white house staff that have no idea of what they are doing. How can you read it and not see it? Did you just read the first page of the article? I mean are you really so dumb that you believe that all other presidents just went to congress and said do this and they do it? Don’t be that guy.

It chronicles a president and white house staff that have no idea of what they are doing. How can you read it and not see it? Did you just read the first page of the article? I mean are you really so dumb that you believe that all other presidents just went to congress and said do this and they do it? Don’t be that guy.

The quote from the article dovetails with numerous other news reports at around the same time.
Obama offered $4T in debt reduction. The GOP turned it down.

Now, what is true is that the Democrats in Congress never put it in legislation. That part is true so it is unclear whether Obama could have herded the cats into the pen to vote for reductions in entitlements as it is also true that it is unclear whether the Speaker could have hearded his cats into the pen to vote for closing tax loopholes and, gasp, raising taxes on some select groups. It was conjecture.

But lets be clear; the GOP abandoned the preponderence of the deal. It was likely not going to happen anyway. At least our president was willing to try.

The quote from the article dovetails with numerous other news reports at around the same time.

Now, what is true is that the Democrats in Congress never put it in legislation. That part is true so it is unclear whether Obama could have herded the cats into the pen to vote for reductions in entitlements as it is also true that it is unclear whether the Speaker could have hearded his cats into the pen to vote for closing tax loopholes and, gasp, raising taxes on some select groups. It was conjecture.

But lets be clear; the GOP abandoned the preponderence of the deal. It was likely not going to happen anyway. At least our president was willing to try.

Our president basically tried to change the deal at the last minute to add more revenue, knowing that Boehner had already gone as far as he could go. From what I remember, some new economic report had come out in the previous day that Obama thought helped his bargaining position. So, he tried to squeeze more out of the GOP even though a deal was basically done. From what I read of the book review, the WH was basically a disorganized and dysfuncional mess. Even the top Dem of the House Budget committee, Chris Hollings of Maryland said so.

Our president basically tried to change the deal at the last minute to add more revenue, knowing that Boehner had already gone as far as he could go. From what I remember, some new economic report had come out in the previous day that Obama thought helped his bargaining position. So, he tried to squeeze more out of the GOP even though a deal was basically done. From what I read of the book review, the WH was basically a disorganized and dysfuncional mess. Even the top Dem of the House Budget committee, Chris Hollings of Maryland said so.

So he didn't offer 4T in cuts...is that what you're saying?

How would you like to have a 4 trillion dollar debt reduction package already in place and functioning.

You think we might be a little further along a recovery. Think any ultra wealthy would have missed a meal if their taxes had gone up a couple %.

Rethugs were stupid to walk away from that deal.

And when Mitt said he wouldn't take 10$ in spending cuts for 1$ of increased revenue, you can be pretty sure Mitt would never be able to put a package together that Dems could support.

Gridlock with Mitt just like Obama. And we the people continue to get screwed by our elected reps.

Don't know about the cuts, what I read was about more taxes. Apparently they had already agreed on the cuts, dunno if it was 4T or not. The book comes out next wednesday, guess we'll see. Or maybe that'll come out in Sawyer's interview.

what ever you offer the dems in taxes it's never enough.
In obama's case he intentionally raised the bargain knowing full well boehner would reject it. This is how the dems play the game. So that their taxes wouldn't be raised either but could go out and blame the gop

George Bush worked out a trade deal with South Korea. obama had only to sign it and take the credit. At the last minute he changed it putting in union demands and the whole deal fell apart. This is part of his modus operandi.

Let’s also be clear that the GOP abandoned it because Obama came back asking for 1.2 trillion in revenue increases when they had already agreed on 800 billion in revenue increases. He gambled when he didn’t have much to gamble with. So it was America that lost. As far as the tea party goes, that was caused by Obama as well. That was a direct result of his actions in his first two years.

Don't know about the cuts, what I read was about more taxes. Apparently they had already agreed on the cuts, dunno if it was 4T or not. The book comes out next wednesday, guess we'll see. Or maybe that'll come out in Sawyer's interview.

Yes, Obama did offer about $4 trillion in spending cuts, but like all good frauds, those cuts were all back loaded to the end of the decade, while the tax increases were immediate. Boehner was ready to cut a deal anyway, but then Obama insisted on $400 billion in additional taxes, and Boehner said no deal.

All of you who are familiar with how government works, know that no congress can bind a future congress, so the spending cuts were all smoke and mirrors. Anyone who thinks that some future congress would actually bite the bullet and actually implement any of those spending cuts, is a fool.

The only way that spending cuts can be implemented is by changing current law, so that the spending cuts are programmed into the system. Democrats will never buy into doing such a thing. Just keep on kicking the can down the road, to the next generation.

Let’s also be clear that the GOP abandoned it because Obama came back asking for 1.2 trillion in revenue increases when they had already agreed on 800 billion in revenue increases. He gambled when he didn’t have much to gamble with. So it was America that lost. As far as the tea party goes, that was caused by Obama as well. That was a direct result of his actions in his first two years.

So 400B in revenue for 4T in budget cuts is what the GOP aborted the plan over. Got it.:eusa_think:

Look if liberals are so concerned about raising taxes, why do they keep electing people who dodge them?

The fact is I want to see about these 4T in cuts, where in the budget were they and when did they take effect, 2050? Democrats never cut up front and then the cuts never materialize, we've seen it all before.

How would you like to have a 4 trillion dollar debt reduction package already in place and functioning.

You think we might be a little further along a recovery. Think any ultra wealthy would have missed a meal if their taxes had gone up a couple %.

Rethugs were stupid to walk away from that deal.

And when Mitt said he wouldn't take 10$ in spending cuts for 1$ of increased revenue, you can be pretty sure Mitt would never be able to put a package together that Dems could support.

Gridlock with Mitt just like Obama. And we the people continue to get screwed by our elected reps.

Look at England and when they raised taxes. The revenues went done because economic activity went down as the rich found new ways to hide their money. The rich aren't going to just sit there and just say take it. I guarantee you all the rich Democrats do the same exact thing.

Yes, Obama did offer about $4 trillion in spending cuts, but like all good frauds, those cuts were all back loaded to the end of the decade, while the tax increases were immediate. Boehner was ready to cut a deal anyway, but then Obama insisted on $400 billion in additional taxes, and Boehner said no deal.

All of you who are familiar with how government works, know that no congress can bind a future congress, so the spending cuts were all smoke and mirrors. Anyone who thinks that some future congress would actually bite the bullet and actually implement any of those spending cuts, is a fool.

The only way that spending cuts can be implemented is by changing current law, so that the spending cuts are programmed into the system. Democrats will never buy into doing such a thing. Just keep on kicking the can down the road, to the next generation.

Both parties have done decades of kicking that can; that much is true.

Forum List

Back