WOODWARD: Trump plan to eliminate federal debt, "print money"! COHN was stunned

I was a fucking PSYCH major even I KNOW this leads to INFLATION! Did I think TRUMP was full of shit when he made the claim about how well and cleverly he used DEBT? Oh hell yes. I LAUGHED. Unless, of course, going bankrupt x 3 or 4 is 'managing debt' well. (Call me crazy, but when I think about managing debt it includes PAYING IT OFF too).

Imagine Cohn's surprise when TRUMP said this.

Trump's plan to help eliminate the federal debt was to print money: Woodward book

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 09/11/18 01:56 PM EDT 139

Trump's plan to help eliminate the federal debt was to print money: Woodward book

President Trump allegedly suggested to his chief economic adviser last year that the government should print more money to help eliminate federal debt, according to an excerpt from Bob Woodward’s new book.

The veteran Watergate journalist wrote in his new book — “Fear: Trump in the White House” — that Gary Cohn, the now-former top economic adviser, told Trump that the Federal Reserve was likely to increase rates during his first term in office, in an excerpt first reported by Business Insider.

“We should just go borrow a lot of money, hold it, and then sell it to make money,” Trump reportedly said in response.

Cohn was “astounded” by the president’s response, which he reportedly said illustrated a “lack of basic understanding” about how federal debt works.

Trump, who was the president-elect at the time and had promised to wipe out U.S. debt in eight years, reportedly offered a solution: “Just run the presses — print money.”

Woodward wrote that Cohn then went on to explain how printing more money is thought to lead to inflation and could be catastrophic for the fiscal health of the U.S....

Woodward book? Really are you that fucking ignorant?

I was a fucking PSYCH major even I KNOW this leads to INFLATION! Did I think TRUMP was full of shit when he made the claim about how well and cleverly he used DEBT? Oh hell yes. I LAUGHED. Unless, of course, going bankrupt x 3 or 4 is 'managing debt' well. (Call me crazy, but when I think about managing debt it includes PAYING IT OFF too).

President Trump allegedly suggested to his chief economic adviser last year that the government should print more money to help eliminate federal debt, according to an excerpt from Bob Woodward’s new book.

The veteran Watergate journalist wrote in his new book — “Fear: Trump in the White House” — that Gary Cohn, the now-former top economic adviser, told Trump that the Federal Reserve was likely to increase rates during his first term in office, in an excerpt first reported by Business Insider.

“We should just go borrow a lot of money, hold it, and then sell it to make money,” Trump reportedly said in response.

Cohn was “astounded” by the president’s response, which he reportedly said illustrated a “lack of basic understanding” about how federal debt works.

Trump, who was the president-elect at the time and had promised to wipe out U.S. debt in eight years, reportedly offered a solution: “Just run the presses — print money.”

Woodward wrote that Cohn then went on to explain how printing more money is thought to lead to inflation and could be catastrophic for the fiscal health of the U.S....

Woodward book? Really are you that fucking ignorant?

On a scale of 1 to 10 the answer is 10000000000

Trump is as ignorant about fiscal policy as he is about foreign policy.

Obama's ISIS defeated
US embassy in Jerusalem
Korean War remains returned
The Koreas headed toward a real peace
NATO put on notice to pay their fair share
Exited econony killing Paris Accord
Backed out of bad, one sided trade deals

I, once again, provide evidence that Trump is a dem.

that's a long standing dem idea that has never worked, no matter how many times they have done it.

I wonder then if you understand at all, what the QE program was...We had 8 years of printing money just to keep the economy at 1%.

BTW...that is not an endorsement of that program or printing money to get out of debt.

QE was never about “getting out of debt.”

But that’s what Trump suggested.

It’s a good idea if you think the stagflation of the 1970s was economic nirvana.

If you want to get pissed about printing money look into the Obama years...get educated....LMFAO....freaks will buy Woodward's book...but people with a thinking brain will not.....

Go back and LOOK at that yourself. We're fucking tired of doing your homework for you.

QE was never about “getting out of debt.”

But that’s what Trump suggested.

It’s a good idea if you think the stagflation of the 1970s was economic nirvana.

You're the first person I've seen use that term aside from myself around here. That stagflation of the 70s hasn't gone away. The 70s is when it started. Prior to 1971 the middle class was doing great and the 1 percenters were doing lousy. Of course that flip-flopped in '71 when they finally did away with sound money. After that happened, the middle class started doing lousy and the 1 percenters have been doing great ever since.

The reality is that it's the 1 percenters who receive all of that freshly printed fiat currency first and because of that they're the ones who get to put it into the economy the way they want. Largely special interests.

Agreed about QE. They keep patching that bubble, but it's leaking all over the place. They have no idea where it's leaking either. lol. Stocks and bonds are way over-priced. People oughtta get out of that.

But whuheva. Not my problem, I'm good as gold. Heh heh.

Last edited:
The only intellectually honest, educational, book on the topic of our monetary policy that's worth reading - https://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/0446549193&tag=ff0d01-20

51YGmN2dSrL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you want to get pissed about printing money look into the Obama years...get educated....LMFAO....freaks will buy Woodward's book...but people with a thinking brain will not.....

Go back and LOOK at that yourself. We're fucking tired of doing your homework for you.
What are you talking about?.....really read your post...wtf are you talking about?...no one needs to do my homework child...no one...now go back to school and sue your teachers for not educating you enough to comprehend a simple paragraph...

Forum List

Back