Woo-hoo!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
School was cancelled today and tomorrow! And all we have to do is sit in the apartment because the roads are icy and it's super-cold out and hope that the power doesn't go out (it has been). Everyone have fun at work tomorrow, I'll be thinking of ya!

Thanks Dan!! I was actually called into work today because someone else called out!

You have a great time!

Jared upset, the BIG snow isn't coming, freezing rain instead!

Dan if ya go out & wander a bit be very careful the roads are bad... I am home today ( well for part of it) cause of the bad roads . 26 must of had 100 wrecks between Columbia & Greenville. Hell my truck is still in Greenville.. I watched the news down here & electric co. from Atlanta & as far away as Alabama are heading to Augusta . Orangeburg has no power at all, they arent going to get it back on for a couple days.
Jeff

You think driving in shit is bad up there...oh boy....these people down here are some real winners...they get stuck in middle of the fucking road, this dont happen in Iowa... then they abandon, yes, walk away from the car and come back for it when the roads melt off. they havent a clue what a maintainer is, hell, Clinton has more snow equipment then the entire mid-tenn area!!!!

i have heard the same thing Jon. people jsut leaving their vehicles in the road casue they cant drive in 2 inches of snow. but its like ive said, up here were used to it. every place ive been station has been one of those that is prone to winter storms. colorado sucked that way. we got one storm 2 hours before shift change. 72 accidents in 90 minutes. 3 hours extra on shift becasue of it.

Dan if ya go out & wander a bit be very careful the roads are bad... I am home today ( well for part of it) cause of the bad roads . 26 must of had 100 wrecks between Columbia & Greenville. Hell my truck is still in Greenville.. I watched the news down here & electric co. from Atlanta & as far away as Alabama are heading to Augusta . Orangeburg has no power at all, they arent going to get it back on for a couple days.

Thanks Jeff, I pretty much stayed indoors for the most part of the last 2 days. Our power was out on Monday around 11:00 until about 5:00, the lights still flicker every now and then, but I think it's back for good now. My roommate talked to his mother last night, she's in Orangeburg, and she said they still didn't have power.

I called to check on the kids this AM Dan & Cindy tells me they are still with no power. She said it may bge Monday before they get any... I drove down 26 it looks like a war zone, there were tree's down all over.
Jeff

Ice that damn bad? lived in Iowa during the halloween ice storm in 89??? war zone is understatement..what sucked was the profiteers that fucked people hard for goods needed and no way to go anywhere else...$10 for a gallon of kerosine...bread [generic]$3 milk...$2 a quart. but also alot of good folks were there to...

The ice storm in 98 was pretty bad too. I was about 15 months pregnant and worried about going into labor early. I managed to hold on until full power was restored around here - much to my relief. Of course the hospital was running on generators, but in the mind of a very pregnant women...... need i say more? We were lucky, I think our street was one of the only streets for miles around that did not lose power at anytime during the whole thing. We have friends on the Quebec side who were out of power for three weeks!!

Originally posted by Said1
The ice storm in 98 was pretty bad too. I was about 15 months pregnant and worried about going into labor early. I managed to hold on until full power was restored around here - much to my relief. Of course the hospital was running on generators, but in the mind of a very pregnant women...... need i say more? We were lucky, I think our street was one of the only streets for miles around that did not lose power at anytime during the whole thing. We have friends on the Quebec side who were out of power for three weeks!!
15 mos. pregnant and going into labor early???? Sounds to me like you were long overdue...My son was 4-6 weeks early (depending on the due date) and wouldn't you know it snowed the day we went home. Hadn't snowed in Nov. in years and, well, uurgh. I spent the entire drive home hovering over the car seat b/c he was so small.

I cannot imagine not having power for 3 weeks! I thought the blackout this august was bad and that was only two days.

Ok, Ok, not 15 months, right on time actually, but it felt like 100 years since I could walk more than a block without having to stop for a pee. By the time I was ready, the tempurature went form warm and mild to about -35. I thought my daughter was going to catch her death on the way home from the hospital. I thought my daughter would catch her death from just about anything those first few weeks:rolleyes:

We were out in August too. The biggest problem I had was finding coffee. Some stores had power, some did not, I felt like a junkie in search of a fix. Luckily I did find a store with freshly brewed coffee. I practically chugged the first one, and then went back and bought another - what a lmao!! My neighbour told me afterwards she dug out her coleman stove and made some.

jones-ing bad....I cooked for 3 days in sub-zero shit on a propane grill outside....I was at the time more worried about my beer freezing than eating....:D

Originally posted by Said1
Ok, Ok, not 15 months, right on time actually, but it felt like 100 years since I could walk more than a block without having to stop for a pee. By the time I was ready, the tempurature went form warm and mild to about -35. I thought my daughter was going to catch her death on the way home from the hospital. I thought my daughter would catch her death from just about anything those first few weeks:rolleyes:

We were out in August too. The biggest problem I had was finding coffee. Some stores had power, some did not, I felt like a junkie in search of a fix. Luckily I did find a store with freshly brewed coffee. I practically chugged the first one, and then went back and bought another - what a lmao!! My neighbour told me afterwards she dug out her coleman stove and made some.
That sounds like fun. I spent the night in my office in NYC...hot, clothed and bothered. Didn't eat or sleep. Also, no bathrooms in skyscrapers with no power....didn't drink much either. The only thing I did do was brush my teeth with melted ice and walk up and down the stairs several times. At least it wasn't 35 below!!!!!! Yeouch.

Originally posted by jon_forward
jones-ing bad....I cooked for 3 days in sub-zero shit on a propane grill outside....I was at the time more worried about my beer freezing than eating....:D

I'm sure that would have been my main concern too, but given my condition..... We didn't lose power fortunately, but I seem to recall the generators at the local beer store were working just fine:D

Wow, stuck in your office over night! Wow, I'd rather be out of coffee.

Forum List

Back