Woo-hoo!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    School was cancelled today and tomorrow! And all we have to do is sit in the apartment because the roads are icy and it's super-cold out and hope that the power doesn't go out (it has been). Everyone have fun at work tomorrow, I'll be thinking of ya!

2. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks Dan!! I was actually called into work today because someone else called out!

3. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You have a great time!

Jared upset, the BIG snow isn't coming, freezing rain instead!

4. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dan if ya go out & wander a bit be very careful the roads are bad... I am home today ( well for part of it) cause of the bad roads . 26 must of had 100 wrecks between Columbia & Greenville. Hell my truck is still in Greenville.. I watched the news down here & electric co. from Atlanta & as far away as Alabama are heading to Augusta . Orangeburg has no power at all, they arent going to get it back on for a couple days.
    Jeff

5. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    this is exactly why im heading south!

6. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You think driving in shit is bad up there...oh boy....these people down here are some real winners...they get stuck in middle of the fucking road, this dont happen in Iowa... then they abandon, yes, walk away from the car and come back for it when the roads melt off. they havent a clue what a maintainer is, hell, Clinton has more snow equipment then the entire mid-tenn area!!!!

7. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i have heard the same thing Jon. people jsut leaving their vehicles in the road casue they cant drive in 2 inches of snow. but its like ive said, up here were used to it. every place ive been station has been one of those that is prone to winter storms. colorado sucked that way. we got one storm 2 hours before shift change. 72 accidents in 90 minutes. 3 hours extra on shift becasue of it.

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Thanks Jeff, I pretty much stayed indoors for the most part of the last 2 days. Our power was out on Monday around 11:00 until about 5:00, the lights still flicker every now and then, but I think it's back for good now. My roommate talked to his mother last night, she's in Orangeburg, and she said they still didn't have power.

9. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I called to check on the kids this AM Dan & Cindy tells me they are still with no power. She said it may bge Monday before they get any... I drove down 26 it looks like a war zone, there were tree's down all over.
    Jeff

10. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ice that damn bad? lived in Iowa during the halloween ice storm in 89??? war zone is understatement..what sucked was the profiteers that fucked people hard for goods needed and no way to go anywhere else...$10 for a gallon of kerosine...bread [generic]$3 milk...$2 a quart. but also alot of good folks were there to...