Won't 'endorse tyranny and fascism", so she resigned

>> A member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir says she “could never look myself in the mirror again with self respect” if she performed at Donald Trump’s inauguration.

Jan Chamberlin said in a lengthy Facebook post Thursday that she is resigning from the Christian group after it agreed to sing for the President-elect on Jan. 20. Saying that she views the performance as a moral issue, the five-year veteran said “it will appear that Choir is endorsing tyranny and fascism by singing for this man.”

"I only know I could never 'throw roses to Hitler,'" Chamberlain wrote. "And I certainly could never sing for him."

... Chamberlin later deleted the scathing post, noting she had received an immense amount of hateful messages. <<​

Without a doubt. Who would expect any less after all the "in the old days they'd be carried out on a stretcher" type of rhetoric.

Her best line:

"Evil people prosper when good people stand by and do nothing".

Bravo, patriot. :salute:

Link: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Singer Resigns
^ Fake News

Fake news? Really? I did a Google search on this myself, and it is reported in many different areas, even on FOX News.

Fake News = any news that disagrees with the Trump protocol.

So, now you love the Mormons?

Now you believe in evil for that matter?

Where the fuck do you see that?

Are any of you assclowns capable of dealing with the material as presented without inserting your own content?

Simple questions; afraid to give simple answers. Bok-bok......

You realize you just posted that note-to-self on the internets?

*I* asked *you* the question, Squiggles. Which was, and still is, where do you see anything about "loving the Mormons"? I posted nothing about religion at all.

I'm the one that asked the questions, first, chicken.

You won't get an answer to stupid questions. I don't traffic in blanket statements.

Blanket statements are not questions, dingus? And they're pretty simple questions that you're simply afraid to answer.

It is extraordinary for so many people to be so disgusted with the president elect. Pretty sure he is the least popular president elect ever
. That honor belong to your Kenyan. President Carter is doing cartwheels.

Yep.Trump made birtherism acceptable for the right again. Bring on the crazy lies.
His pappy is a Kenyan. He said he was a Kenyan for monetary gain.i couldn't give a fuck where the Kenyan was born. He was an illegitimate President to me.

More here including video short interview with Jan Chamberlin

>> Consider that a core principle of Mormonism is the importance of religious freedom. That's because the founders of the church were harassed, driven from their homes and even ordered "exterminated" by US government officials on account of their beliefs. As such, much of the church's early history was defined by persecution.

Fast forward to 2015 when Trump, in the aftermath of the San Bernardino shootings, called for a ban on Muslim immigration. The choir should recognize how offensive this was (and is) to many Mormons. In fact, after Trump's comments, the LDS Church put out a statement, reiterating the church's commitment to religious freedom and quoted Joseph Smith, who Mormons believe to be a prophet. "It is a love of liberty which inspires my soul," Smith said in 1843, "civil and religious liberty to the whole of the human race."

And if stoking fears of faith wasn't enough, Trump's comments about Mexicans, immigrants and refugees should have been yet another reason for the choir to decline to participate in his inauguration.

Trump said Mexico sends the United States "rapists" and drug dealers, but Mexico is home to 1.4 million LDS members. Seven percent of US Mormons are Latino, and Latinos are the fastest-growing group in the Church. Trump rails against illegal immigration, while many Mormons empathize with immigrants because of their own experiences serving as missionaries. And though Trump often demonized refugees, the Mormon Church launched an effort to help refugees earlier this year. "Their story is our story, not that many years ago," one Mormon leader said.

It sends the wrong message to the church's members around the world that the choir would perform for a leader so at odds with LDS teachings -- and let's not even get into Trump's bragging about sexual assault.<<​
Anybody in favor of Muslim immigration from the Middle East is a fucking moron and deserves to be gang raped by those Obutthole already let in.

It is extraordinary for so many people to be so disgusted with the president elect. Pretty sure he is the least popular president elect ever
. That honor belong to your Kenyan. President Carter is doing cartwheels.

Yep.Trump made birtherism acceptable for the right again. Bring on the crazy lies.
His pappy is a Kenyan. He said he was a Kenyan for monetary gain.i couldn't give a fuck where the Kenyan was born. He was an illegitimate President to me.

He won the popular vote by a large margin. The country wanted him.......twice.

Where the fuck do you see that?

Are any of you assclowns capable of dealing with the material as presented without inserting your own content?

*I* asked *you* the question, Squiggles. Which was, and still is, where do you see anything about "loving the Mormons"? I posted nothing about religion at all.

You won't get an answer to stupid questions. I don't traffic in blanket statements.

Blanket statements are not questions, dingus? And they're pretty simple questions that you're simply afraid to answer.

Then see if you can figure out what in the wide world of blue fuck you're even yammering about.

Then see if you can figure out what in the wide world of blue fuck you're even yammering about.

Why do you insist on being the most obstinate dumb fuck on USMB, again and again? I suppose that question is obvious and therefore rhetorical. But if you decide you have the balls to answer:

You're with the Mormons now?
You're on a crusade against evil now? You admit it exists?

You can't answer those questions. Too much of a coward. I'll just call that, now.

So she won't sing for someone that supports a tranny? Well if it was Hillary and she refused for the same reason to sing for hillary. Liberals would've destroyed her already. Lol, the hypocrisy is being shown against them will be gold in 2018! Proves liberals don't really care, if it doesn't fit in with their agenda.

How is Trump a tyrant and a fascist? How is he a Hitler? What makes him evil? She's making these absurd claims (which she doesn't support of course) and this makes her an alt-Left whack job.

We don't need crazies like her around Trump. No telling what she'd try.

Anyway, forget her. Let's take a moment to appreciate Ivanka. :D

-1.jpg

>> A member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir says she “could never look myself in the mirror again with self respect” if she performed at Donald Trump’s inauguration.

Jan Chamberlin said in a lengthy Facebook post Thursday that she is resigning from the Christian group after it agreed to sing for the President-elect on Jan. 20. Saying that she views the performance as a moral issue, the five-year veteran said “it will appear that Choir is endorsing tyranny and fascism by singing for this man.”

"I only know I could never 'throw roses to Hitler,'" Chamberlain wrote. "And I certainly could never sing for him."

... Chamberlin later deleted the scathing post, noting she had received an immense amount of hateful messages. <<​

Without a doubt. Who would expect any less after all the "in the old days they'd be carried out on a stretcher" type of rhetoric.

Her best line:

Her "best" line is a quote that has been attributed to both Edmund Burke and John Philpot Curran. In either case it's not original and for that matter, voting for Hillary Clinton would have been voting true evil into the White House. What we have going in now is a buffoon, misogynist, egotistical, liar. Clearly crap, but at least not a traitor as Clinton would have been.

Oh well. If she is under the impression that she can't be replaced, she is only fooling herself.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Has nothing to do with whether her spot can be replaced, or needs to. There are enough singers in the group that that difference will be negligible, even unnoticeable.

What it has to do with is personal involvement. Again, she wishes not to be a hypocrite and it was worth resigning to uphold that principle.

In other words she values honesty.
Kudos to her being honest.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Well if she resigned so she could look at herself in the mirror the she's another sore loser.

She will have the next four to eight years to get over it. Or not. LOL

Well if she resigned so she could look at herself in the mirror the she's another sore loser.

She will have the next four to eight years to get over it. Or not. LOL

Her best line:

Her "best" line is a quote that has been attributed to both Edmund Burke and John Philpot Curran. In either case it's not original and for that matter, voting for Hillary Clinton would have been voting true evil into the White House. What we have going in now is a buffoon, misogynist, egotistical, liar. Clearly crap, but at least not a traitor as Clinton would have been.

I didn't describe it as "original", did I. Nor did I mention "voting" for anybody, nor did she.

Lotta people seem to want to take simple news stories as fiction-writing exit points. Just deal with what's on the page.

How is Trump a tyrant and a fascist? How is he a Hitler? What makes him evil? She's making these absurd claims (which she doesn't support of course) and this makes her an alt-Left whack job.

We don't need crazies like her around Trump. No telling what she'd try.

She doesn't need to 'support' them here -- she didn't start the thread. I did.

She did go into some detail in the Nosebook post, part of which is shown in that video interview I posted, if you care to freeze it. That post was deleted after she was swamped with hate posts so that's all I have.

Doesn't matter; it's her decision, not ours. She's concerned about the choir's image.

What exactly might you mean by "no telling what she'd try"? Hm?

So she won't sing for someone that supports a tranny? Well if it was Hillary and she refused for the same reason to sing for hillary. Liberals would've destroyed her already. Lol, the hypocrisy is being shown against them will be gold in 2018! Proves liberals don't really care, if it doesn't fit in with their agenda.

Uh - that's not "hypocrisy" Shortbus. It's your own strawman speculation fantasy.
If you're going to speak in sign language it's best to not have your hand down your own pants -- speaking of "trannies" which also doesn't exist in the story, which in turn tells us even more than we needed to know about your imagination....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back