Won't 'endorse tyranny and fascism", so she resigned

>> A member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir says she “could never look myself in the mirror again with self respect” if she performed at Donald Trump’s inauguration.

Jan Chamberlin said in a lengthy Facebook post Thursday that she is resigning from the Christian group after it agreed to sing for the President-elect on Jan. 20. Saying that she views the performance as a moral issue, the five-year veteran said “it will appear that Choir is endorsing tyranny and fascism by singing for this man.”

"I only know I could never 'throw roses to Hitler,'" Chamberlain wrote. "And I certainly could never sing for him."

... Chamberlin later deleted the scathing post, noting she had received an immense amount of hateful messages. <<​

Without a doubt. Who would expect any less after all the "in the old days they'd be carried out on a stretcher" type of rhetoric.

Her best line:

"Evil people prosper when good people stand by and do nothing".

Bravo patriot. :salute:

Link: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Singer Resigns
. Maybe if she is gang raped by the Muslims she obviously thinks the fascist trump does not want into our country, she will change her tune.
Isn't that called cuckolding in the USA?

Uh...except Trump hasn't done anything either Fascist or Tyrannical yet.

Not "Brave Patriot"...more like "Rhetoric and Propaganda swallowing dupe".

Next time she should wait for some actual tyranny and fascism before she calls it out.

I uh believe the would be those who actually pulled the chain lever for Orange Crash.

I mean it ain't like that rhetoric wasn't exposed enough for everybody to see it.

Riiiiight...so you have some examples of Trumps tyrannical and fascistic actions?

Then post them...I'll wait.

If they are not in your next post in this thread, it is a blatant and thorough admission that both she and you are rhetoric and propaganda swallowing dupes.

Oh sure. No need to threaten and stomp your feet, you might turn blue and we wouldn't want that.
I'm happy to serve up what's readily handy.

This one's prolly my favourite:

"Registering Jews Muslims" is another good one. I did Nazi that coming.

Mind you, I can't speak for Ms. Chamberlin, these are a couple off the top of my head. I don't know this woman. She certainly might have her own pet peeves and she doesn't elaborate, nor does she need to.

But it's interesting since the topic has to do with fascism and tyranny that you seem to think you can dictate what my next post must be. Very interesting.

Next time she should wait for some actual tyranny and fascism before she calls it out.

I uh believe the would be those who actually pulled the chain lever for Orange Crash.

I mean it ain't like that rhetoric wasn't exposed enough for everybody to see it.

Riiiiight...so you have some examples of Trumps tyrannical and fascistic actions?

If they are not in your next post in this thread, it is a blatant and thorough admission that both she and you are rhetoric and propaganda swallowing dupes.

Oh sure. No need to threaten and stomp your feet, you might turn blue and we wouldn't want that.

Mind you, I can't speak for Ms. Chamberlin, these are a couple off the top of my head. I don't know this woman.

But it's interesting since the topic has to do with fascism and tyranny that you seem to think you can dictate what my next post must be. Very interesting.

:lol:...when the media PURPOSELY lies they can be sued. Facsism.

And the National Security Entry-Exit Registration Systems has been around a long time...long before Trump was elected. He had not a thing to do with it. Tyranny....:lol:

Evidently you don't know what tyranny and fascism is.

So wear the title of rhetoric and propaganda swallowing dupe with pride...there are plenty of others to share it with, so you won't be lonely.

/thread

Unfortunately what he actually says here --- and I actually listened to the words so I know this --- is "
when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles" or "a hit piece which is a total disgrace".

"Horrible"? "Disgrace"? Says the fuck WHO??

THERE's your attack directly on the First Amendment. One of them.

Again, this is just one of my favorites, not one the subject cited. I can't speak for her but you seem to want to grill me in lieu of the subject. Whatever, there's one that I would have cited that's screamingly obvious.

"A total disgrace" ? REALLY?

And the National Security Entry-Exit Registration Systems has been around a long time...long before Trump was elected. He had not a thing to do with it. Tyranny....:lol:

First Amendment again, and Fourteenth. This man sorely needs a copy of somebody's Constitution.

Entry-exit systems have nothing to do with singling people out on the basis of their religion.

I'm not the one resigning from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Sparkles. Get a grip. You asked for suggestions, I gave you a couple.

How 'bout torture? How 'bout "take out their families"? How 'bout the Constitutional separation of powers, as in threatening a judge who was going to preside over his fraud case ---- you know, the one he settled for 25 million bucks so that it wouldn't be sitting there in front of the Electoral College?

Pull your pants up Sparky, you're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:

Unfortunately what he actually says here --- and I actually listened to the words so I know this --- is "
when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles" or "a hit piece which is a total disgrace".

"Horrible"? "Disgrace"? Says the fuck WHO??

THERE's your attack directly on the First Amendment. One of them.

Again, this is just one of my favorites, not one the subject cited. I can't speak for her but you seem to want to grill me in lieu of the subject. Whatever, there's one that I would have cited that's screamingly obvious.

"A total disgrace" ? REALLY?

First Amendment again, and Fourteenth. This man sorely needs a copy of somebody's Constitution.

Entry-exit systems have nothing to do with singling people out on the basis of their religion.

I'm not the one resigning from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Sparkles. Get a grip. You asked for suggestions, I gave you a couple.

How 'bout torture? How 'bout "take out their families"? How 'bout the Constitutional separation of powers, as in threatening a judge who was going to preside over his fraud case ---- you know, the one he settled for 25 million bucks so that it wouldn't be sitting there in front of the Electoral College?

Pull your pants up Sparky, you're embarrassing yourself.

You twist and you turn, but still none of this is tyranny of fascism.

False stories (hit pieces are by definition false) SHOULD be open to suit under libel laws.

Registering entry and exits from areas that are breeding grounds for terrorist is SMART...not tyrannical. It is not a coincidence that those areas are predominantly Muslim. I have nothing at all against Muslims or Jews or Hindus. But I really don't want to see the local shopping mall blown up either. Not Fascism, not tyranny...national security.

Enhanced interrogations are not torture...and it is VERY smart to at least let the enemy believe that enhanced interrogations...or even outright torture are a possibility, even if you never plan on using them. The psychological advantage of the possibility is often enough leverage to get the enemy to talk. When it is completely off the table, that technique is far harder to sell.

"Take out their families" is another EXCELLENT psy-ops tool. You never have to actually do it, just having it out there can be a deterrent. Make them THINK it is possible.

That last one is so much of a reach it's not even worth responding to.

Again, it would be prudent to have some tyrannical or fascistic ACTIONS to point to before calling them out. And as Trump won't have any actual power until AFTER the inaugeration, my criticism stands, this woman fell for rhetoric and propaganda, nothing more.

You twist and you turn, but still none of this is tyranny of fascism.

False stories (hit pieces are by definition false) SHOULD be open to suit under libel laws.

Uh --- really Webster? You have a definition for "hit piece" do ya?

How about "a total disgrace"? What the fuck is a 'total disgrace'? It's "something I don't like", that's all it is. And when you have a skin as thin as the orange one that's pretty much everything there is.

None of that has jack shit to do with 'libel', which is already countermanded by law. This is the whiny little bitch pre-emptively whining about what he's going to be whining about in the future, and bragging that he'll be whining about it.

Mind you, I don't believe Rump has the capacity to actually do this. But you asked me to explain to you on behalf of a woman I don't even know, what some of the rhetoric was, so I'm taking a guess.

You're welcome.

Registering entry and exits from areas that are breeding grounds for terrorist is SMART...not tyrannical. It is not a coincidence that those areas are predominantly Muslim. I have nothing at all against Muslims or Jews or Hindus. But I really don't want to see the local shopping mall blown up either. Not Fascism, not tyranny...national security.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. --- Amendment XIV section 1

Don't like the Amendment? You know the procedure.

Enhanced interrogations are not torture...

Nope. They're a euphemism for it. Eighth Amendment.

Again, it would be prudent to have some tyrannical or fascistic ACTIONS to point to before calling them out. And as Trump won't have any actual power until AFTER the inaugeration, my criticism stands, this woman fell for rhetoric and propaganda, nothing more.

Exactly what else have we to go on BEFORE the inauguration? Think about it.

Hey, if Rump (or any other candy) didn't want to be seen as tyrannical and/or fascistic, the thing to do would have been to not spew it in abundance during the campaign DON'T YOU THINK?

Again I don't know what you want from me here. Want me to look up her phone number, call her up and transcribe what she says into a post? Not gonna happen.

She took a stand for what she believes at her own expense, and good for her for doing that.

So let me get this straight... there is a singer, and she leans to the left? Holy shit, someone call CNN!!! :laugh:

Doesn't say which way her politics lean but... she's in Utah. Calculate the arithmetic.

Rump is not exactly a popular guy with Mormons.
I gotcha. So theres a singer, whos political leanings are unkown, but she doesnt like Trump? Holy shit, call CNN! The world must hear of this extraordinary news!! :laugh:

It is extraordinary for so many people to be so disgusted with the president elect. Pretty sure he is the least popular president elect ever.

Mind you, I can't speak for Ms. Chamberlin, these are a couple off the top of my head. I don't know this woman.

So wear the title of rhetoric and propaganda swallowing dupe with pride...there are plenty of others to share it with, so you won't be lonely.

/thread

Right wing media lies all the time.

Bravo, patriot.

Oh my. Now anyone that stands up to Trump is a "patriot." That has to be the most misused word in the political dictionary.

Think about it. When Christian bakers and photographers stood up for their beliefs, they weren't called patriots. They were called hateful bigots. This singer? She's the brave, bold, patriotic hero for standing up to the evil Trump guy.

So it goes: someone is only a patriot when they're standing up for beliefs you agree with or against people you didn't vote for in the last election.

How childish.

Mr Trump is the greatest PEOTUS ever. Imagine how much greater he will be as POTUS. America can't wait until January 20th.

Bravo, patriot.

Oh my. Now anyone that stands up to Trump is a "patriot." That has to be the most misused word in the political dictionary.

Think about it. When Christian bakers and photographers stood up for their beliefs, they weren't called patriots. They were called hateful bigots. This singer? She's the brave, bold, patriotic hero for standing up to the evil Trump guy.

So it goes: someone is only a patriot when they're standing up for beliefs you agree with or against people you didn't vote for in the last election.

How childish.
Liberals have earned the title of SnowFLAKE with emphasis on "flake". The choice of that title was was no accident. They certainly aren't patriots.

Bravo, patriot.

How childish.

That word has been wrongly used by the right way more than by the left.

Forum List

Back