wonderwench

Originally posted by eric
I have to agree with you, she does make some very good points, but they get lost in her sarcasm.

And I agree with you....having read some of her books I find some
of what she has to say is well thought out...but she is certainly a sarcastic hussy.

why is it the bush brothers all got away without going to war....did daddy bush save them???

Why didn't Clinton or Dean go to war? Why did Gore get a no risk assignment?

And what does any of this have to do with Ann or me?

I have to agree with you, she does make some very good points, but they get lost in her sarcasm.

The points are great. The sarcasm is hilarious. You guys are player haters.

Originally posted by harvey diamond
why is it the bush brothers all got away without going to war....did daddy bush save them???

Here's an even better question: Are you an idiot?

Maybe I have missed the sarcasm in this article, if so can someone advise me accordingly. I am afraid if it is a serious article then Ms Coulter is seriously mis-informed. Okay, maybe a woodchipper wasn't used by Milosovic and his henchmen, but just about everything else was. Sure they didn't have rape rooms, they didn't bother with the room!!!! I could go on and on and recount some particularly disgusting atrocities that I have seen in Bosnia, but I think I have made my point without resorting to that.

The Democrats' Idea Of A General
January 14, 2004

Yugoslavia posed absolutely no threat to the United States -- not imminent, not latent, not burgeoning, not now, not then, not ever. (Unless you count all the U.S. highway deaths caused by Yugos.) The president of Yugoslavia, Slobodan Milosevic, never tried to assassinate a U.S. president. He never shook his fist at the Great Satan. He didn't shelter and fund Muslim terrorists -- though the people we were fighting for did.

In humanitarian terms, Milosevic didn't hold a candle to Saddam Hussein. Milosevic killed a few thousand Albanians in a ground war. Hussein killed well over a million Iranians, Kurds, Kuwaitis and Shias, among others. Milosevic had no rape rooms, no torture rooms, no Odai or Qusai. He didn't even use a wood chipper to dispose of his enemies, the piker.

And yet NATO, led by Gen. Wesley Clark, staged a pre-emptive attack on Yugoslavia.

Under Clark's command, the U.S. bombed the Chinese embassy by mistake, killing three Chinese journalists. Other NATO air strikes under Clark mistakenly damaged the Swiss, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian and Hungarian ambassadors' residences. Despite the absence of ground troops, Yugoslavia took three American POWs, whose release was eventually brokered by Jesse Jackson. America was standing tall.

Clark's forces bombed a civilian convoy by mistake, killing more than 70 ethnic Albanians, and then Clark openly lied about it to the press. First he denied NATO had done it, and when forced to retract that, Clark pinned the blame on an innocent U.S. pilot. As New York Newsday reported on April 18, 1999: "American officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the staff of Army Gen. Wesley Clark, the NATO commander, pointed to an innocent F-16 Falcon pilot who was castigated by the media for blasting a refugee convoy." Eventually, even a model of probity like Bill Clinton was shocked by Clark's mendacity and fired him.

At the end of major combat operations led by NATO Supreme Allied Commander Gen. Wesley Clark, arch-villain Slobodan Milosevic was still in power. (At least Clark won't have to worry about any embarrassing "mission accomplished" photo-ops coming back to haunt him.) Today, almost a decade and $15 billion later, U.S. troops are still bogged down in the Balkans. No quagmire there!

Originally posted by 5.10 leader
Maybe I have missed the sarcasm in this article, ...

My opinion of Ann is based more on her books. I dont know exactly the context of the article you quoted. Sounds like it was a piece on Wesly Clark. In her books as I stated previously, she makes some very good points but, she does come across with withering sarcasm. While some of that is funny and is ok, after several hundred pages it gets a little tiring. All in all I like her and would not care to debate her.

As far as punishment for Milosovic, like Saddam, nothing is too evil as far as I am concerned.

Originally posted by remie

I dont know exactly the context of the article you quoted. Sounds like it was a piece on Wesly Clark.

As far as punishment for Milosovic, like Saddam, nothing is too evil as far as I am concerned.

Here is the link to the full article, which you will have gathered I found in poor taste.

I really don't know much about Ms Coulter, but I would be perfecty happy to enter into a debate with her on Bosnia!! I'm sure I'm mistaken but she appears to know little about the subject.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

Hey 5.10,

If you don't mind me asking what country do you reside in ?

Hey 5.10,

If you don't mind me asking what country do you reside in ?

I don't mind at all Eric; United Kingdom

Forum List

Back