Wondering about George Soros

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
I was reading an article written by George Soros himself about his economical/political thoughts.
http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/97feb/capital/capital.htm

Soros says:

"Although I have made a fortune in the financial markets, I now fear that the untrammeled intensification of laissez-faire capitalism and the spread of market values into all areas of life is endangering our open and democratic society. The main enemy of the open society, I believe, is no longer the communist but the capitalist threat."

He rambles on about various topics but it appears his solution to the problems of the world is summed up in the sentence:

"The time is ripe for developing a conceptual framework based on our fallibility. Where reason has failed, fallibility may yet succeed.".

What this really means I don't know. What is Soros really after?

Thanks New Guy. Getting used to this board, guess I coulda used the search function.

So it appears Soros is just another One World Order kind of guy as he considers the sovereignty of a country to be a hindrance in the pursuit of international order.

I still don't get his "fallibility" angle.

Originally posted by ScreamingEagle
Thanks New Guy. Getting used to this board, guess I coulda used the search function.

So it appears Soros is just another One World Order kind of guy as he considers the sovereignty of a country to be a hindrance in the pursuit of international order.

I still don't get his "fallibility" angle.

Well, you can do a google search and read his speeches in long format. The last one I read was about 2 hours reading.

-I am not a very slow reader.

His angle is irrelevant. His mere perspective, allignment, money and connections ought to be enough to make it clear he doesn't NEED an angle.

Well, you can do a google search and read his speeches in long format. The last one I read was about 2 hours reading.

-I am not a very slow reader.

His angle is irrelevant. His mere perspective, allignment, money and connections ought to be enough to make it clear he doesn't NEED an angle. [\quote]

Talkative guy!

Good point but I think he must have one. He is a billionaire after all. Maybe I need to read one of his books.

Soros is a dangerous man.

just make sure you read up on the damage he has been able to inflict on entire countries just by shorting their currencies. He put England into a recession and he caused a depression in Asia that required bailouts by the IMF during the late 90's.

Again, the man is dangerous.

Forum List

Back