Wonderful shipwreck

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
She sank somtime around 1715 - 1725, no one knows exactly. Her name is unkown too. But she has been standing on the seabed for at least 250 years, the mast still intact. Visited her twice - totally breathtaking. She lays quite shallow at 28 meter, with the top of tha mast at only 12 meters of depth.

Pictures:
Sketch - accurate scale.

Fireplace at the stern, near living compartments

Winebottles, mostley broken.

Touching history is remarkable.

Attachments

• $sketch.jpg
    $sketch.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 79
  • $fire.jpg
    $fire.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 88
  • $wine.jpg
    $wine.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 78
ErikViking said:
She sank somtime around 1715 - 1725, no one knows exactly. Her name is unkown too. But she has been standing on the seabed for at least 250 years, the mast still intact. Visited her twice - totally breathtaking. She lays quite shallow at 28 meter, with the top of tha mast at only 12 meters of depth.

Pictures:
Sketch - accurate scale.

Are you a diver?

(I see the SCUBA gear--just wondering if it's you who is the diver)

Do you have any larger versions? These are avatar-sized.

ErikViking said:

Pictures:
Sketch - accurate scale.

dilloduck said:
Are you a diver?

(I see the SCUBA gear--just wondering if it's you who is the diver)
Yes, but I am actually a computer programmer, I dive for recreational purpouse. Still I have 300+ dives logged (Mostly here). Wreck, Ice, drop-off and caves (only shallow) are my favourites. Not diving with decompression or gas mixtures (Except for occational Nitrox).

misterblu said:
Do you have any larger versions? These are avatar-sized.
No I dont... :( But if I can get my hands on a proper UW Camera I'll start snapping away!
(Those two was taken by my buddy with a Canon "waterproof camera". The button froze after each picture because of the pressure.)

I search the web to see if there was any other pictures, but no luck. It isn't a spectacular find, but personally I love it. It just sits there on the bottom like a comic book shipwreck.

Forum List

Back