Wonder Why Most Blacks Support Vouchers?

Mr. P said:
Never heard of it happening. Students must meet high standards for admission to the next grade level every year. So if a student is not up to standards for the senior year (which BTW insures college acceptance) they would not be accepted into the senior year. In other words, they don’t pass kids on who are failing, like public schools do.

BTW...if a student becomes pregnant she’s expelled, if the father is a student at the school he’s expelled too. That has happened. Oh, there are no discipline problems either.
I shoulda mentioned this too....

In my daughters 2006 Graduating class, Kia and Mark have both been accepted to and will attend Harvard. That is fantastic!

Now, guess what? Both are black!

Now, back to the thread starter question “ Wonder Why Most Blacks Support Vouchers?”. Guess.

Mr. P said:

In my daughters 2006 Graduating class, Kia and Mark have both been accepted to and will attend Harvard. That is fantastic!

Now, back to the thread starter question “ Wonder Why Most Blacks Support Vouchers?”. Guess.

Because it would allow them to leave the craphole schools they're stuck in and go to the schools that haven't been dragged down by decades of apathy.

Mr. P said:
Never heard of it happening. Students must meet high standards for admission to the next grade level every year. So if a student is not up to standards for the senior year (which BTW insures college acceptance) they would not be accepted into the senior year. In other words, they don’t pass kids on who are failing, like public schools do.

BTW...if a student becomes pregnant she’s expelled, if the father is a student at the school he’s expelled too. That has happened. Oh, there are no discipline problems either.
Okay. Makes sense.
I had a friend who was rejected from every single college she applied to. It was her fault though really; she didn't have any safety schools. Nothing like that ever happen?

Mr. P said:

Really? What are they concentrating in?

Mr.Conley said:
Okay. Makes sense.
I had a friend who was rejected from every single college she applied to. It was her fault though really; she didn't have any safety schools. Nothing like that ever happen?
No.

Really? What are they concentrating in?
Mark plans to major in neurobiology with hopes of becoming a brain surgeon.
Kia plans to major in chemical engineering and take some of her courses at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Mr. P said:

I would guess cuz they feel their kids would get better educations. But that seems toooo obvious.

Irony of all this is that the Dems who are suppose to be looking out for the black person, and the poor,who are suppose to be for redistributing the wealth, have a perfect opportunity to do all of those with school choice, but THEY WONT DO IT WHEN THE MONEY COMES OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET, via the well funded teachers unions.

Mr. P said:
Mark plans to major in neurobiology with hopes of becoming a brain surgeon.
Kia plans to major in chemical engineering and take some of her courses at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Now I'm not sure if this is possible because of the core requirements, but I'd suggest that if they want to take some courses at MIT, do it during their first semester. You see, at MIT during the first semester of Freshmen year, all the classes are Pass/Fail, and if you fail it doesn't appear on the record. It's a great way to help the students transition into what is otherwise an unbelievable amount of work. However, I'm not sure if this applies to Harvard students and I don't know whether they'd be too busy trying to meet core requirements to do this, but, if it's possible and they apply the grading scheme to all the students. then it's a great way to take some courses and have an easier transition into college life.

Forum List

Back