Wonder If This Means Anything?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.americandigest.org/mt-archives/001811.php

excerpt:

Indeed, if this were wartime (What? It is? Who knew?) moving this much killing power out onto the seas would be thought of as a fleet surge.

Truman, Enterprise, Stennis, Washington, Kennedy, Reagan, Kitty Hawk. It could all be, of course, just prudent planning and practice. On the other hand,

given the various signals being sent by Homeland Security, the nearness of the Olympics, and the advent of the elections, it may be a case of "Fortune favors the forward deployed."

Oh, did I mention that another carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln is listed by the Navy as underway as well?

It's also interesting that the same page: U.S. Navy - Status of the Navy tells us that 92% of our surface ships are currently underway or deployed, and that 91% of our submarine fleet is either underway or deployed.

This is a lot of activity.

It would be interesting to know the last time these figures were achieved. Granted that in any navy there will always be a bit of moving about on the oceans. That is, after all, what the Navy does. But the percentages strike me as high, especially those of the submarine fleet.

That is interesting. I hope it's not a DEFENSE tactic!!! It probably is though because of all mentioned. I worry about the Olympics. I hope everyone stays safe.So many things going on this year,but I feel safer with Bush in office.

This brings up a question I've had. I assume that we'll have a supercarrier off the coast of Greece for the duration of the Olympics, and probably one of those smaller Marine carriers full of 'copters. Does anyone know if this is the case, or could give a link where one can find such information.

Forum List

Back