Women's True Role In Islam!

Originally posted by Moderate
Why the hell are we arguing about the scriptures be it Muslim, Jews or Christian? We all know what the scriptures teach. The one thing above all they teach is "Love thy neihgbour as you love yourself." The people who pt together the scriptures had far more insight into the future than todays interpreters do. The religions and their respective scriptures do not in any way say to kill inocents. It is we who try to find certain passages conviniently to support our evil claims.

The one thing mention is that though Christianity has interpreted the Bible in a certain devious way in the past in Europe, it has since evolved into a moderate religion. But Islam has not allowed to change itself for centuries. Reading this statement some Muslims who are fortunate to be living in decent and democartic societies will come back lashing at me. But if you take a trip to Saudi Arabia and live there for a year and see the Muslims from a non-Muslims perspective you will understand what I am talking about. I have spent almost 8 years in Saudi Arabia. And I have come across all the hate they generate against the non Muslims.

Well thats all I wanted to say for now.

Moderate, I'd be interest to hear what you have to say about SA. Most of my anecdotal knowledge comes from a cousin who taught at an American school in Kuwait and a former co-worker who did a lot of short-term assignments in SA.

Where do most Saudis get their information? What do they really think of the Royal Family and the Bin Ladins? Does their political outlook tend to vary according to class, and if so, how? Are there areas where the US and western nations could work to improve human rights? Why is it that a nation that benefits so much economically from relations with the US can produce so many anti-US and anti-western terrorists?

Originally posted by Moderate

The one thing mention is that though Christianity has interpreted the Bible in a certain devious way in the past in Europe, it has since evolved into a moderate religion. But Islam has not allowed to change itself for centuries. Reading this statement some Muslims who are fortunate to be living in decent and democartic societies will come back lashing at me. But if you take a trip to Saudi Arabia and live there for a year and see the Muslims from a non-Muslims perspective you will understand what I am talking about. I have spent almost 8 years in Saudi Arabia. And I have come across all the hate they generate against the non Muslims.

Well thats all I wanted to say for now.

If it is generated in Saudi Arabia, then we can stop it there by approaching them diplomatically. However, if the same type of hate is generated in United States of America, where so many people come to live and prosper and be happy, then it is unbearable.

Forum List

Back