Women's Status in Religion

I was under the impression that all religions were about connecting with the Divine.

They have that aspect, yes. I see other things however. If it was only with connecting with the divine you would not need to be instructed on how it is done. Within the instruction is the control.

How exactly are you supposed to learn if not instructed?

Within the instruction is the control. It is written and ordered for control. If you do not follow the instruction you will not know the divine. Brainwashing is brainwashing, control is control.

When one has that kind of control why not order a world to your liking?

All religions are about control and power. Holding the control and power over others is tantamount. Men have always wanted control over women, that desire is older then all religions. Religions have followed and arranged themselves to cement that desire.

I was under the impression that all religions were about connecting with the Divine.

They have that aspect, yes. I see other things however. If it was only with connecting with the divine you would not need to be instructed on how it is done. Within the instruction is the control.

Can you give an example? And having control would imply that it benefits the person doing the controling, so could you give an example of that?

How exactly are you supposed to learn if not instructed?

Within the instruction is the control. It is written and ordered for control. If you do not follow the instruction you will not know the divine. Brainwashing is brainwashing, control is control.

When one has that kind of control why not order a world to your liking?

How does that benefit the person doing the instruction or give them control over you tho? And I'm refering to Christianity and the Bible here specifically. I agree that PEOPLE can abuse other people and take them under their control via the guise of giving them something better. But, the Bible does not promote that.

Christianity places a high value on women. The first people that Jesus Christ appeared to after his Resurrection were women.

I know this is a loaded topic, but it's one that has always affected the way I view religion.

Even in Theravadin Buddhism, a nun of 40 years still has to bow to a monk of one day, and not vice versa. Monks have a higher status than nuns in Buddhism. It was controversial for my Lama, Chagdud Rinpoche to ordain Western women as Lamas.

Discuss.

I don't see any religion superior to another in terms of women's roles.

I find it interesting that you continue to order your affairs on the basis of a woman-hating belief system, and then call yourself a feminist. :cuckoo:

Christianity places a high value on women. The first people that Jesus Christ appeared to after his Resurrection were women.

Jesus Christ apparently placed a high value on women, but I don't think it can be accurately argued that Christianity does.

Deutsche Welle accompanies Deputy Mufti of Istanbul (woman) inspecting and supervising Imams and Mosques that are said to be women-unfriendly.

[youtube]JBNxQAfJBvk[/youtube]

I'll tell you why women MUST bow to men in religious organizations.

It is because we men have longed known of feminine charms, and if a woman ever took over a religion, we men would become no better than beasts of burden that serves the Holy Mother whenever she wishes to be served.

Foreseeing this, we made every attempt to keep women in the roles that they are currently in. It works for us men, why are you women bickering?

It is because we men have longed known of feminine charms, and if a woman ever took over a religion, we men would become no better than beasts of burden that serves the Holy Mother whenever she wishes to be served.

Foreseeing this, we made every attempt to keep women in the roles that they are currently in. It works for us men, why are you women bickering?
I'm wondering why you would have issue with that? :badgrin:

I'm wondering why you would have issue with that? :badgrin:

Because I LIKe being on TOP!:D

I know this is a loaded topic, but it's one that has always affected the way I view religion.

Even in Theravadin Buddhism, a nun of 40 years still has to bow to a monk of one day, and not vice versa. Monks have a higher status than nuns in Buddhism. It was controversial for my Lama, Chagdud Rinpoche to ordain Western women as Lamas.

Discuss.

I find it interesting that you continue to order your affairs on the basis of a woman-hating belief system, and then call yourself a feminist. :cuckoo:
I don't "order my affairs on the basis of a woman-hating belief system".

Why is everything personal to you? I'm discussing this topic in general.

I'm interested in women and spirituality, as are many feminists.

Discuss.

Tis what tis, and tis not going to change anytime soon.

Discuss.

This may come off harsh, although it's not, however, women are not equal to men.
Never have, never will be.
Now, let me qualify it by saying they are not inferior either, but just not equal.
That is all for now.

Discuss.

This may come off harsh, although it's not, however, women are not equal to men.
Never have, never will be.
Now, let me qualify it by saying they are not inferior either, but just not equal.
That is all for now.

Then under your logic "they are not inferior either" men are not equal to women either.

I believe women should have a place in the Christian church.
Food has to be cooked, yunguns have to be looked after, clothes have to washed and the buildings have to be cleaned.
:badgrin::badgrin: I could not resist!

Forum List

Back