Women's Rights and the GOP

In that matter the 'victim' lied; she was in fact not a victim. However, to point to one example and draw the conclusion that all women should be considered liars first (and not victims until the accused in found guilty) is one more example of the conservatives war on women.

Then the reverse must hold true.

To call someone a victim would be to consider the accused guilty until proven innocent.

:eusa_shhh:

That's not true. The accused is charged in a complaint, and even if held to answer the information is still an unproven allegation. The accused is a defendant and must defend against the allegation of wrongdoing. All the accused must do is convince the trier of fact, and if that is a jury, only one member of the panel of his/her innocence.

But everyone knows that. As well as everyone knows that when someone is arrrested some people feel that in itself is suspicious and it is likely they did what has been alleged in the police report or by the prosecutor in the complaint.

But the reality is when someone is raped there generally is physical evidence to substantiate the claim; hence, she is a victim and the person arrested may be the rapist or may not be the rapist.

You can't be a victim of a crime unless it's been proven that a crime was committed.

A dead person isn't automatically a murder victim.

Then the reverse must hold true.

To call someone a victim would be to consider the accused guilty until proven innocent.

:eusa_shhh:

That's not true. The accused is charged in a complaint, and even if held to answer the information is still an unproven allegation. The accused is a defendant and must defend against the allegation of wrongdoing. All the accused must do is convince the trier of fact, and if that is a jury, only one member of the panel of his/her innocence.

But everyone knows that. As well as everyone knows that when someone is arrrested some people feel that in itself is suspicious and it is likely they did what has been alleged in the police report or by the prosecutor in the complaint.

But the reality is when someone is raped there generally is physical evidence to substantiate the claim; hence, she is a victim and the person arrested may be the rapist or may not be the rapist.

You can't be a victim of a crime unless it's been proven that a crime was committed.

Yeah, lead poisoning is rampant. :eusa_eh:
Meanwhile, a RAPE KIT pretty well establishes a crime had been committed. :eusa_shhh:

It appears those in denial, willfully ignorant or abashed by the war against women but unwilling to speak out because to do so they might be turned upon and characterized as a RINO (or should that be conservative in name only) have cut and run from this thread.

Sec. Hillary Clinton Defends Reproductive Rights and Family Planning - YouTube (see link above)

Where are the conservative women and why aren't they speaking out loudly on this issue?

Meanwhile, a RAPE KIT pretty well establishes a crime had been committed. :eusa_shhh:

Even though I didn't say a SHOT person is automatically a murder victim, it still holds true.
There are circumstances of self-defense or accidental death.

Actually a rape kit determines if SEX has happened.
Whether it was consensual or not is what decides if it was a crime or not.
That's why before a conviction is made, in ANY crime, there are accusers and accused.....not victims and killers/rapists.

Even though I didn't say a SHOT person is automatically a murder victim, it still holds true.
There are circumstances of self-defense or accidental death.

Actually a rape kit determines if SEX has happened.
Whether it was consensual or not is what decides if it was a crime or not.
That's why before a conviction is made, in ANY crime, there are accusers and accused.....not victims and killers/rapists.

Actually, it isn't called a RAPE KIT for nothing, sparky.
You're really begging the question here. :nono:

In the case of many crimes, the status of victim of a crime is obvious, even WELL before there is anyone TO accuse. There are physical indicators of rape, not always, but very often, just as dead persons (because of gun shot, poison, stab wounds, etc) are very often, but not always connected to murder. In fact, ANY unattended death is considered suspicious until an investigation takes place and murder is ruled out.

But hey, if you all can decide that a rape victim isn't a victim of a rape until there is someone convicted of the crime, maybe for your next trick you can redefine "no" to mean "maybe," until a woman is "persuaded" to see things another way.

:slap:

Last edited:
One can't be considered a victim unless and until it's been proven that a crime has been committed against them.

Says who? A body floats up in the river with a knife lodged in its back, we don't have a victim until the killer is caught and convicted?

If we don't have a victim until a conviction, wouldn't we be able to eliminate all crime simply by not prosecuting people? I mean - you said it yourself! Someone is not a victim until its been proven in court - so if we just stop going to court - no more victims of crime! Problem solved!

Last edited:
There's no war on women and no reproductive rights are under attack.

Don't forget, there's no such thing as climate change or dirty coal or acid rain or smog. Of course if any of this does occur it is not caused by human behavior. Cow farts?

Florida has VICTIM'S RIGHTS; no recent changes. I do not think the so called "War on Women" will carry Democrats into office this year.

There's no war on women and no reproductive rights are under attack.

Don't forget, there's no such thing as climate change or dirty coal or acid rain or smog. Of course if any of this does occur it is not caused by human behavior. Cow farts?

Florida has VICTIM'S RIGHTS; no recent changes. I do not think the so called "War on Women" will carry Democrats into office this year.

This link describes TRAP laws, "Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers":

Mississippi cracks down on abortion providers | Florida Independent

These are more Trap laws. I would post more but there are some who will never believe a war on women exists and it is an unwritten policy of the GOP.

Oklahoma committee advances ‘personhood’ bill | Florida Independent

http://floridaindependent.com/73284/personhood-florida-bryan-longworth-op-ed

Last edited:
These are more Trap laws. I would post more but there are some who will never believe a war on women exists and it is an unwritten policy of the GOP.

The GOP is waging a war on privacy rights and equal access to the law; women are but ‘collateral damage.’

The GOP is waging a war on privacy rights and equal access to the law; women are but ‘collateral damage.’

I don't think so; I think women are targeted. I can't imagine a member of the GOP introducing a Jim Crow law today, some may wish they could, but to do so would result in public condemnation and a movement for recall.

Even that fool crusaderfrank wouldn't go so far as to advocate separate but equal drinking fountains and restrooms (well, he's so FU he might). As for the GOP's efforts to wage war on other citizens, DOMA and DADT are too more issues wherein their bigotry is well known.

We also know that the Dixiecrats who ran Strom Thurmand for President left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed and was signed into law by LBJ.

This is one more distinction between the Democrats and the Republicans and one of many reason I'm a registered D and have almost always voted for the D candidate (I voted for John Anderson in 1980).

"Redefining rape. Attacking the right to choose. Belitting victims of violence. The Republicans are on a rampage attacking women's health and rights this year. And if we don't speak up, they'll keep going. That's why we need to raise a ruckus, and get the word out about the GOP war on women."

MoveOn.org Political Action: Top 10 Shocking Attacks from the GOP's War on Women

Women will Unite against the War on Women on April 28, 2012. EVERY state in the Union will hold a march or rally. See UNITEWOMEN.ORG to find your state's rally info!

Apparently you do not pay attention to the left-wing media, or the left-wing politicians calling women terrible names, mocking their families, treating women terribly, caught in embarrassing affairs, etc.

Freedom and liberty apply to all. Constitutional laws apply to all. That means that women are protected under the law. The left is obviously trying to legislate away both freedom and liberty. Take a look at how women live in countries where freedom and liberty are limited. Why would you vote for that?

Forum List

Back