Women - You Can't Fool Us Men Anymore!

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Now...if I could only find a small, portable, hand-held brain scanner......

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/20/fertility.orgasm.reut/index.html

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (Reuters) -- Women may be able to fool their partners by faking an orgasm but a brain scanner will catch them every time, a conference heard on Monday.

Researchers at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands have used scans to show that different areas of the brain are stimulated during an orgasm but are not activated when a woman fakes it.

"Women can imitate orgasm quite well," Gert Holstege told a fertility meeting on Monday. "But there is nothing really happening in the brain."

He and colleagues took brain scans of 13 women and 11 men, aged 19-49 who had volunteered for the study, while they were being sexually stimulated by their partner and during an orgasm and compared them to images of their brains at rest.

"We wanted to know what the brain was doing during orgasm," Holstege said.

When women genuinely achieved an orgasm, areas of the brain involved in fear and emotion were deactivated. Those areas stayed alert however when women were faking it.

The researchers also found that the cortex, which is linked with consciousness, is active during a fake orgasm but not during the real thing.

"The deactivation of these very important parts of the brain might be the most important thing necessary to have an orgasm," said Holstege.

"It means that if you are fearful or at a very high level of anxiety, then it is very difficult to have sex because you really have to let yourself go," he added.

The brain scans for men during orgasm were less conclusive, according to Holstege.

But they did show that different parts of the male and female brain are activated and deactivated during sexual stimulation.

The researchers found less deactivation in the males in the areas of the brain linked to emotion and fear when they were sexually stimulated.

They are now planning further studies to compared the male and female brains during orgasm.

About 5,300 delegates are attending the four-day meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.

Funny you mention this - Just a few minutes ago I found this story about they did a brain scan of a guy during an actual orgasm, to see what his mind was doing...Interesting results:

male.jpg

-=d=- said:
Funny you mention this - Just a few minutes ago I found this story about they did a brain scan of a guy during an actual orgasm, to see what his mind was doing...Interesting results:

male.jpg

Yeah...some guy......right......

I think it might be your scan.

"Uh.....I have a question....I have a friend..."

There is however a postitive correlation between brain size and the ability to juggle.

Joz said:
GOP posted an article on brain differences...it's a fact.

Just seems to be that you guys are either always on an even keel or you just don't register emotion......ever.

Don't know about that joz...guys show alot more emotion when aroused..a physical dellima..I suppose...however I agree size does not determine ability to perform................ :thup:

If you have a sensitive, caring man who knows how to treat you right, you NEVER have to fake an orgasm.
I have never understood the concept of faking orgasms. Do guys just expect women to orgasm every time?
If you ain't bringing it, I ain't faking it.

Mr. P said:
I do...it's not necessary.
Hey, if they fake that, what else are they gonna fake? ;)
GotZoom said:
Maybe we need to start a thread asking the women if they have ever had to fake it?

Hmmmm.....

Women do not fake it if they don't care about the guy. Problem is if it always faking it, cause the guy is blind.

There goes that "male ego" thing again:

"Ah ahlways pluease ma wohman!" :rock:

You can always tell if you have REALLY pleased your partner. Starting with having to change the sheets. :thanks:

Gabriella84 said:

You can always tell if you have REALLY pleased your partner. Starting with having to change the sheets. :thanks:

Thanks for the info...a waterfall is what guys should look for...lol :huddle:

Gabriella84 said:

It's not please my woman for ego on my part really...just respect for the event...with that
comes her pleasure 99% of the time.(no pun intended)
The thing I hate the most is...wham bam..I don't do it...even hated it when was single.

Forum List

Back